2013-04-30《第十一课情景对话》

Dialogue 1:
A: Thank you for calling Bell Atlantic telephone company. How may I help you?     
    谢谢你给贝尔大西洋电话公司的电话。有什么可以帮到你的吗?
B: Yeah, I've got a real problem here. My last phone bill was for $1,493.
    我的确有点问题。我上个月的电话费是1493美元。
A: Is this amount incorrect? 
    话费不对吗?
B: You bet it's incorrect. It says here that I made nine calls to Shanghai.
    当然不对。它这里说我打了9个到上海的电话。
A: And you did not make those calls?
    你有没有打过那些电话,是吗?
B: I repair motorboats. Why would I call Japan?   
    我是修摩托艇的。我打到日本干嘛?
A: Shanghai is in China, sir, not Japan.
    上海是在中国,而不是在日本,先生。
B: Whatever I don't care. I just want to get this mess straightened out.   
    爱哪哪。我只想把事情搞清楚。
A: Wait just one moment and I'll transfer you to a manager.   
    请稍等,让我给你转到经理那儿。
B: Okay. Good.
    好的。

 

 

 

Dialogue 2:
A: I hate this weather.
    我讨厌这鬼天气。
B: I think it's kind of nice. I like the rain.
    我觉得不错啊,我喜欢下雨。
A: I don't. It's depressing and it's wet.   
    我不喜欢下雨。既压抑又潮湿。
B: Of course, it's wet. It's rain. Would you prefer dry rain?    
    让然会潮湿了,下雨嘛。难道你想要干雨吗?
A: Very funny.
    真逗。
B: Just enjoy it. At least we're not stuck in it outside.     
    说笑而已。至少我们没有被困在外面。
A: Well, I wanted to go out jogging today.    
    我今天本来是想到外面慢跑的。
B: Go ahead. It's just a little rain. It won't hurt you.
    你就去吧,只是一点小雨而已。它不会淋湿你的。
A: Have you ever heard of the flu? I'll get sick.
    你听说流感了吗?我会得病的。
B: You're always complaining.    
    你老是在抱怨。
A: There's a lot to complain about.
    有大把事可抱怨的。
B: I think that's pretty sad. I try to be happy when I can.
    我觉得那真让人感到悲哀。而我总会尽量让自己高兴点。

 

 

 

Dialogue 3:
A: Cole, have you finished your homework?
    Cole,你完成作业了吗?
B: Yes, Dad. Can I go out now?
    完成了,爸爸。我现在可以出去了吗?
A: What do you mean? You're grounded for this week.
    你这是什么意思?你这个星期是要呆在家里的。
B: Yeah, and it sucks.
    对啊,真该死。
A: Keep using language like that and you'll be grounded for two weeks.
    你再说那样的话,你就两个星期不准出去。
B: I hate not being able to go play basketball.
    我讨厌不能出去打篮球。
A: Maybe you'll think about that next time you want to get into a fight at school.
    也许下次你在学校打架的时候就会先想一想了。
B: I told you the other kid started it. He called me names.
    我告诉过你是另一个家伙惹我的。他骂我呢。
A: You could have ignored him. We're already had this conversation.    

    你可以不管他。我们已经说过这些了。
B: This isn't fair.
    这不公平。
A: Life's not fair. Is there anything else you want to say?
    生活就是不公平的。你还有什么要说的吗?
B: No, I'm going back to my room.
      没有了。我这就回房去。

 

 

 

Dialogue 4:
A: Here, have a beer. How was work?
    这里来杯啤酒。工作怎么样?
B: It sucked. The new boss is a real tyrant.    

    真该死。那新老板可真够专制的。
A: Oh, yeah? How come?
    是吗?从何说起?
B: Don't even get me started on that subject. Let's just say I have had it up to here with this guy.
    不要叫我开始那个话题。我只想说我实在受不了那家伙了。
A: That bad ,huh?
    那真糟糕。
B: You'd better believe it. He has me doing so many useless tasks.
    你最好相信我。他老是叫我做很多毫无价值的事情。
A: I feel bad for you.
    我替你感到难过。
B: I'm not getting paid enough to take this abuse.     
    我受这样的折磨,却没有多少报酬。
A: Is anything going good?
    有什么好消息么?
B: Not today. Not until I have another beer or two anyways.
    今天没有。也许等我再喝一两杯就会有吧。
A: I hear that.
    我明白。
B: Just hand me another one, buddy, and I'll be a little better.
    兄弟,给我再来一杯,我会好一些的。

 

 

 

Dialogue 5:
A: Who's at the door?
    谁在门外?
B: Baltimore Police Department, sir. Can I come in?
    巴尔的摩警察局,先生。我可以进来吗?
A: Oh, yes, officer, of course. Is something wrong?
    哦,当然可以,长官。有什么不对劲吗?
B: We received a complaint from some of your neighbors.
    我们接到了你邻居的投诉。
A: I can't imagine why.
    我想不出为什么。
B: Were you mowing your front lawn naked this morning,sir?
    你今天早上是不是没穿衣服就在你家前院的草坪割草,先生?
A: Is it a crime to cut my grass?
    难道割草也犯法吗?
B: It is if you've doing it naked.
    赤身裸体,那就是犯法的。
A: It's very hot out today.
    今天外面非常热。
B: I'm going to have to place you under arrest.
   我必须拘捕你。
A: Can I put some clothes on first?
    我能先穿好衣服吗?
B: Please do.
    可以。

 

 


Dialogue 6:
A: Luke, come into my office. What can I do for you?
    Luke,进来我的办公室。有什么可以帮到你的吗?
B: Well, sir, I've got a real problem with one of my coworkers.
    我与我的一位同事合作有点问题。
A: If my employees are having problems. I want to know about it.
    如果我的员工有什么问题,我很想知道。
B: Good. It's Elmer, sir. He interferes with my work.    

    那就好了。是Elmer,先生。他干扰我工作。
A: I don't like to hear that. What does he do?
    我真不喜欢听到那个。他做了些什么?
B: He keeps taking my paper clips.
   他老是拿我的回形针。
A: What? Did I hear you correctly?
    什么?我木听错吧?
B: He goes to my desk when I'm not around and steals paper clips. Especially the red ones.
    他趁我不在的时候到我的桌子上偷我的回形针,尤其是红色的那些。
A: Especially the red ones?
    尤其是红色的那些?
B: Yes, sir. They're my favorite. I can't work without them.
    是的,先生。那是我最喜欢的。没有那些回形针我就不能工作。
A: Luke, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Get out of my office.
    Luke,那是我所听过的最荒唐的事情。你可以从我的办公室出去了。
B: But sir. I can't work like this.
    但是先生,我不能这样工作。
A: This isn't elementary school. Now go back to work.     

    这里不是小学。现在马上回去工作。
B: Yes, sir, but this isn't fair.
    是的,先生。但这不公平。
A:Whatever, just get out, Luke.
   我不管,滚出去,Luke。

  • 0
    点赞
  • 0
    收藏
    觉得还不错? 一键收藏
  • 0
    评论

“相关推荐”对你有帮助么?

  • 非常没帮助
  • 没帮助
  • 一般
  • 有帮助
  • 非常有帮助
提交
评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值