Setting Up a new user
This document shows you how do create a new user and configure admin rights.
From the main window of OpenNMS select Admin from the menu options then Configure Users, Groups and Roles. From the Configure Users, Groups and Roles window, select the Configure Users.
Create a User
- Click on the Add New User button
- Enter the User ID and the password for the new user and klick on OK
- Enter the detail information for the user and klick on FINISH
If you would add the new user to a new group do the following:
- Edit /opt/opennms/etc/groups.xml and add your new group to this file.
- Return to the "Users and Groups" page and select "Configure Groups"
- Klick on "Edit" on the new group
- Add your user to the group and press "FINISH"
Set admin rights to the new user:
- Edit /opt/opennms/etc/magic-users.properties and add the userid of the new user to "role.admin.users=" like
- role.admin.users=admin, NewUser
- and save the file.
- You need to restart OpenNMS to take over the new configuration
Check if the new user can log in to opennms.