Installing the Virtual Appliance
1. System Requirements
The system requirements for running the Zenoss Virtual Appliance are largely the requirements for running the
VMware Player. A typical host system used for a VMware installation should meet these specifications:
• Dual core system
• Minimum RAM - 4GB
• Available disk space - 20GB
2. Prerequisite Tasks
Install the VMware Player. For downloads and installation instructions, go to:
Ensure the umask is set to 022 (masks write permissions for group and others).
3. Installing the Appliance
Follow these steps to download and install the Zenoss appliance.
1. Download one of the Zenoss Virtual Appliance files (zenoss-Version-86.vmware.zip or zenoss-Versionx64.
vmware.zip) from http://www.zenoss.com/download.
2. Unzip the file into a working directory.
3. Start the VMware Player.
4. Use the VMware Player to navigate to the directory where you unzipped the Zenoss Virtual Appliance package,
and then open the Zenoss Virtual Appliance.
After loading the appliance, the virtual machine window displays a message similar to:
Welcome to Zenoss
To access the Zenoss Management Console, please browse to:
If this message does not appear, then you may need to change the VMware player network connection option
from Bridged to NAT.
5. Log in as user root. The default root password is zenoss.
6. Open a new Web browser, and then enter the URL that appears in the login screen.
The Zenoss Setup Wizard appears.
After installation you have to do the following step to change the admin password to login.
Then you can access it through the link with admin user.