Palm Garnet OS 5.4 Setup Configuration
Palm Garnet OS development environment installation.
- Extract the cw9palm file and install the code warrior v9.0 for palm.
Attention: Make sure that the extract path name is not long since Windows won’t support path name longer that 260 characters which will make extract warning and many unexpected compile error (eg. “declaration syntax error”).
We suggest just extract to d:/cw9palm.
In the process of installation, always choose the default item and needn’t check for update and registering.
- After that run the 9.2 and 9.3 update, also make the “build all.mcp” under “CW for Palm OS Support” directory.
- Download the Palm OS SDK 68k 5.3 and 5.4 from http://www.access-company.com/
Garnet OS 68k API SDK (Fall 2004 Update) is the 5.4 version.
Garnet OS SDK (68K) R3 Installer is the 5.3 version.
Attention: 5.3 update CANNOT RECOGNIZE THE DIRECTORY
THAT INSTALLED CW9, YOU NEED TO SPECIFY IT MANUALLY.
For 5.4 just extract the content and copy to CodeWarrior directory.
4. Rebuild the “build all.mcp” and you will find more than hundred compile error.
The error is about “PalmOS_headers” cannot open, To fix this, you can either copy the final PalmOS_Headers to the "Palm OS Support/Incs" folder, or you can modify those projects to include a recursive access path to "CW for Palm OS Support".
Here is link about it:
5. Update to now, what we talked about is the OS SDK.
Here we start the Hardware related SDK and it is PalmOne SDK(Palm device SDK) which you can download from www.palm.com
The useful one maybe is only Palm_SDK_Headers.zip.
Download and extract to “/Palm OS Support” directory.
6. Download the latest Palm Treo 755p simulator also from www.palm.com.
Then run simulator, right click->settings->communication->redirect.....
Now you can start to build you first palm application.
Later I will give some descriptions about first Palm Treo 755p application.