Accessing SapDB via unixODBC
Accessing SapDB via unixODBCSetup the unixODBC working:
- Deinstall/Remove the RPM File via rpm, due the SuSE RPMs are somewhat buggy for SuSE 8.0 and less. The 8.1 distribution is not tested by mine. I suggest to use the unixODBC 2.2.3. You will have to configure (./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc) worked for me in SuSE 7.x, 8.0 and Debian 3.0/woody for my tests.
Within the SuSE Version there is the nessessary "Setup" Library already included.
- Now you need a /etc/odbcinst.ini File:
This is a sample, working /etc/odbcinst.ini: -------------- [SapDB] Description = SapDB Driver = /usr/sapdb/depend/lib/libsqlod.so Setup = /usr/lib/libsapdbS.so.1.0.0 FileUsage = 1 CPTimeout = CPReuse =You may create this using the "ODBCconfig" tool from the unixODBC Package.
- In general you need the Setup-Driver File for the SapDB. Have a look onto this screenshot:
- SapDB has got some difficulties with the Linux FSSTD2.
There is recommended to have an ancient /usr/spool.
Create this with a link to /var/spool like that:
- cd /usr
- ln -s /var/spool
- This is a sample /etc/odbc.ini:
[DATBASE] Description = SapDB Driver = SapDB ServerNode = datbase.server.org ServerDB = DATABASE
- You will have to link /etc/odbc.ini into the /usr/spool/sql/ini dir.
- cd /usr/spool/sql/ini
- ln -s /etc/odbc.ini .