GIS Technician Position Available
Host Company: SgurrEnergy Ltd. Beijing Representative Office
Position Title: Renewable Energy Consultant (IT1)
Employment Type: Full time, permanent.
SgurrEnergy is looking for a suitable Renewable Energy Consultant candidate to support our wind energy projects in China and Asia Pacific.
The scope of work includes technical consultancy related to wind farm development and support to office IT.
You will be required to:
1. The GIS Technician position requires a very good working knowledge of ESRI's ArcGIS products such as ArcView 9.x, ArcPad, etc. In addition, the individual must be able to work in a team oriented environment
2. Use standard GIS software to compile information related to wind resources, wind farm development, and electric power networks.
3. Using GIS/ CAD software to produce finished maps, designs and drawings.
4. Review and translate documentation in both Chinese and English.
5. Assist in the preparation and writing of reports.
6 Support field work as required.
Support to office IT
1. Assist the marketing manager with website maintenance.
2. Assist the marketing manager with the publishing of marketing materials in printed and electronic formats.
3. Assist the office manager with the maintenance of office IT equipment and computer server.
Your background should include:
1. Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job.
Bachelor's degree in Geography/Cartography/GIS, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
2. Minimum 2 years direct experience with GIS technology is required.
3. Ability to research, find, analyze, and use various types of data sources from maps, geological surveys, and online resources.
4. You must be fluent in written and spoken English and Putonghua, other languages would be an advantage.
5. You will need to be highly motivated, and able to work reliably without supervision.
1. This position will be based in Beijing, but will require travel in China and to other countries.
2. Job training will be provided as necessary for GIS and wind projecting software, however you will be responsible for your own continuous upgrading of skills.
3. You will be eligible for staff training exchanges between the China office and other SgurrEnergy offices upon successful completion of your probation period.
4. SgurrEnergy will provide you with 24 hour accident insurance coverage while you are employed.
1. Basic salary of 10,000 RMB / month (before tax) adjusted depending on skills and experience. SgurrEnergy will pay the required employer contributions for pension, housing fund and social security, employee will be responsible to pay their share of pension, housing fund, social security, and Individual Income Tax (IIT).
2. A year end bonus is payed based on work performance, but is not automatic.