Can't locate Switch.pm in @INC
the perl version (5.14) shipped with 12.10 does not include the Switch.pm module needed while building WebKiT-GTK.
If you want to install the Switch.pm Perl module into your system Perl config, there are two methods of installing it:
- Install it through the Ubuntu repositories.
- Install the .pm through CPAN.
At this time, both will provide the current version of this module(2.16).
Installing Switch.pm using the Ubuntu repositories:
- From the command-line, the installation can be completed by running the following command from the terminal (Ctrl-Alt-t):
- sudo apt-get install libswitch-perl
- Within Synaptic, right-click on the libswitch-perl package, select Mark for installation, then click on the Apply button.
- Within the Ubuntu Software Center (USC), search for the phrase libswitch-perl, highlight the package and select install:
Installing Switch.pm using CPAN:
If you would prefer to install this via cpan, follow these instructions:
- Open a terminal(Ctrl-Alt-t).
- Enter the command cpan.
- At the prompt cpan>, type install Switch.
- Once completed, Type exit.
The Switch.pm Perl module will now be available for you to use in your scripts.