1. The arguer may be right about…, but he seems to neglect(fail to mention (take into account the fact that….
2. Although many people believe that… , I doubt (wonder whether the argument bears much analysis (close examination.
3. It would be possible (natural/reasonable to think (believe/take the view that…, but it would be absurd (wrong to claim (argue that…
4. A close (careful inspection (examination/scrutiny of this argument would reveal how flimsy (groundless/fallacious it is.
5. However just (logical/sound/valid this argument maybe, it only skims the surface of the problem.
1. From what has been discussed above (Taking into account all these factors/ Judging from all evidence offered, we may draw (reach/come to /arrive at the conclusion that…
2. It is high time that we place (lay/put great (special/consideration emphasis on the improvement (development/increase/promotion of….
3. There is no easy (immediate/effective solution (approach/answer/remedy to the problem of…,but ….might be useful (helpful/beneficial.
4. Following these methods (suggestions may not guarantee the success in (solution to…, but the payoff will be worth the effort.
5. For these reasons, I strongly recommend that…
This argument concludes/recommends/argues that…
To support this conclusion the writer cites…/points out that…
However, this argument suffers from several critical flaws and is therefore unconvincing/ unpersuasive as it stands.
One problem with the argument is that, the editorial observes a correlation between… and …, then concludes that the former is the cause of the latter. However, the editorial fails to rule out other possible explanations for…For example,… Any of these factors, or other social, political or economic factors, might lead to…Without ruling out all other such factors it is unfair to conclude that…
In the final analysis, the letter's author fails to adequately support the recommendation that…To bolster the argument, the arguer must provide detailed demographic/statistical evidence showing that…The author must also provide evidence--perhaps by way of a reliable survey—that…