The Course is all about diversity.
Module 1: Introduction
- What makes language human?
- What do linguists do?
- What kinds of linguists are there?
Module 2: Sounds
- How do we pronounce sounds?
- How do we distinguish sounds?
- How do we organize sounds?
Module 3: Words and sentences
- How do languages create words?
- How do languages organize words?
Module 4: Meaning
- How do we give meaning?
- How do languages give meaning?
Module 5: Language in social context
- How is language used in everyday life?