Semi-additive measures are not supported for sparse data. Sparse data is multidimensional data in
which many of the combinations of dimension values do not have related fact data.
For SAP BW metadata, the Aggregate Rules property value is read-only. The Semi-Aggregate
property is used instead.
1. Click the measure you want to work with.
2. In the Properties pane, click the ellipsis (...) button in the Aggregate Rules property.
3. To add a dimension for this measure, click Add and select the dimension.
You can include a shortcut to a dimension if there is a scope relationship between the measure
dimension and the regular dimension.
4. To specify the aggregate operation, click the ellipsis (...) button in the Aggregation Rules box.
The following operations are supported:
5. If you want to change the order of the aggregate rules, use the arrow buttons.
6. Click OK.
After you set an aggregate rule, the icon for the measure changes.
For relational metadata, the Semi-Aggregate property value is set to unsupported and is read-only.
If the value is set to unsupported in Framework Manager, the semi-aggregate behavior is ignored
in the Cognos 8 studios.
The Semi-Aggregate property will not be supported in future releases. Instead, use the Aggregate
Rules property for semi-additive measures.
Determine Usage and Aggregation Rules
When you use the Determine Usage and Determine Aggregation Rules commands in Framework
Manager, you are resetting the values of the Usage and Regular Aggregate back to their default
values. This overwrites all changes you have made to these properties.
When generating aggregation values, Framework Manager assigns a value that is based on the
Usage property value and the type of object it is.
Usage property value Regular Aggregate property value
Identifier --- Count
Attribute --- Unsupported
Fact --- Sum
1. In the Project Viewer pane, click one or more dimensions or query subjects.
2. In the Properties pane, click the Properties tab.
3. Change the Usage property to unknown.
4. Change the Regular Aggregate property to unsupported.
5. From the Tools menu, click Determine Usage.
6. From the Tools menu, click Determine Aggregation Rules.