It cost thousands of dollars to transfer 100TB over high speed internet. Snowball can reduce that cost by 1/5th.
It can take 100TB over 100 days to transfer over high speed internet Snowball can reduce that transfer by less than a week
- E-Ink display(shipping information)
- Tamper and weather proof
- Data is encrypted end-to-end (256-bit encryption)
- uses Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
which is a specialized chip on an endpoint device that store RSA encryption keys specific to the host system for hardware authentication.
- For security purposes, data transfers must be completed within 90 days of the Snowball being prepared.
- Snowball can Import and Export from S3
- 50TB (42TB of usable space)
- 80TB (72TB of usable space)
Petabyte-scale data transfer service.
Move data onto AWS via physical briefcase computer
More storage and on-site computer capabilities.
Similar to Snowball but with more storage and with local processing.
- LCD display (shipping information and other functionality)
- can undertake local processing and edge-computing workloads
- can use in a cluster in groups of 5 to 10 devices
- three options for device configurations.
- storage optimized (24 vCPUs)
- compute optimized (54 vCPUs)
- GPU optimized (54 vCPUs)
- 100TB (83TB of usable space)
- 100TB Clustered (45TB per node)
a 45-foot long ruggedized shipping container, pulled by a semi-trailer truck.
transfer up to 100PB per Snowmobile
AWS personnel will help you connect your network to the snowmobile and when data transfer is complete they will drive it back to AWS to import into S3 or Glacier.
- GPS tracking
- Alarm monitoring
- 24/7 video surveillance
- an escort security vehicle while in transit (optional)