At the start of a new decade and over 700 episodes of my tech podcast, I did something weird. I had myself on the show. Egotistical, perhaps, given the show literally has my name in it, but the way it happened was interesting.
This episode wasn't supposed to be an episode! I was invited by Jeff Fritz of Twitch fame to talk to his community team of Live Coders on Discord. They recorded it, and mentioned several times that it was useful content! I didn't go into the private meeting thinking I'd record a show. It was effectively a conference call with friends old and new. It's unedited and off the cuff.
这集不应该是一集！ Twitch名望的Jeff Fritz邀请我与他的Discord Live Coders社区团队交谈。 他们记录下来，并多次提到它是有用的内容！ 我没有参加私人会议，以为我要录制节目。 实际上，这是与新老朋友的电话会议。 这是未经编辑的，袖手旁观。
So, why not try something new and make this an episode! Let me know on Twitter if you find my views on community, productivity, and life useful to you!
I talk about:
- Longevity - Sticking to your goals 长寿-坚持目标
- Relationships - Business plans/goals/life settings/culture关系-商业计划/目标/生活环境/文化
- Living Life By Design rather than By Default通过设计而非默认生活
- Setting the Tone设定音调
- Positivity and how to maintain it积极性及其维护方法
- Scaling yourself and your community扩展自己和社区
- Why Kindness Matters为什么仁慈很重要
- Blogging - it's a marathon not a sprint写博客-这是一场马拉松而不是短跑
- Feeding your spirit养活你的精神
- Why do we do something and why do we procrastinate?我们为什么要做什么，为什么要拖延？
- Removing Mental Clutter 消除心理混乱
- Why do I blog/create? Why do you? 为什么我要博客/创建？ 你为什么？
- Conserving your keystrokes 节省击键次数
Advice to my 20 year old self
- Willpower and catching up毅力与追赶
- What can you talk about? What can you write about? 你能说什么你能写些什么？
A question is a gift
- Why would I allow someone who doesn't love me ruin my day?我为什么要允许一个不爱我的人毁了我的一天？
- Interviewing techniques and empathy 面试技巧与同理心
- The importance of improv and "yes, and"即兴和“是，”的重要性
- Charisma On Command魅力指挥
- Dealing with Imposter Syndrome处理冒名顶替综合症
- Deliberate Practice故意练习
- Owning what you're good at拥有自己擅长的
- Freaking Out吓坏了
- Priorities - family and life优先事项-家庭与生活
- What's important?重要的是什么？
- Plan, execute on the plan, make a new plan 计划，执行计划，制定新计划
Please go listen to Episode 719 of the Hanselminutes Podcast, it's just 54 minutes long.
It's called "Myself: It's not weird at all" and I'm actually kind of proud of it. Let me know what you think in the comments!
if you like this show, you can give ME a gift by SHARING it with your people!
Sponsor: Veracode analyzed 1.4 million scans for their 2019 SOSS X report. The findings? 83% of apps have flaws like cross-site scripting, injection, and authentication—all adding to rising security debt.
赞助商： Veracode分析了其2019年SOSS X报告的140万次扫描。 调查结果？ 83％的应用程序具有跨站点脚本，注入和身份验证之类的缺陷，所有这些都增加了安全负担。