- Ajax: A New Approach to Web Applications, by Jesse James Garrett. The original article which coined the term
- Ajax: Usable Interactivity with Remote Scripting Introduction on how to use Ajax
- Guide to Using XMLHttpRequest (with Baby Steps) Tutorial by Bill Bercik introducing XmlHttpRequest
- Implementing Ajax in ASP.NET using the Ajax.NET wrapper by Karl Seguin
- Rasmus' 30-Second AJAX Tutorial A simple but functional example and ad hoc tutorial posted by Rasmus Lerdorf of PHP fame.
- Ajax Matters Informational site about Ajax
- Ajax Patterns Collection of Ajax design principles and patterns
- CPAINT (Cross-Platform Asynchronous INterface Toolkit)
- Dojo Toolkit
- GLM-AJAX Framework
- Sajax Simple Ajax toolkit
- Sarissa a cross-browser wrapper for native XML APIs
- ThyAPI a complete DHTML library with several widgets, that also use Ajax
- WinLIKE Ajax reload improvements through usage of DHTML windows
Libraries/Scripts with server-side integration
- Ajax.NET a free Microsoft .NET library
- Aspects of Ajax Free Ajax Engine using Ajax based on WebServices and a Blog
- Bitkraft Integrated Client/Server approach to Ajax Development in the ASP.NET environment
- PowerWEB LiveControls for ASP.NET Ajax for Visual Studio ASP.NET
- AjaxAnywhere an open source project targeted for existing JSP and JSF applications upgrade.
- AjaxTags a free set of JSP tags that simplify the use of Ajax technology in JavaServer Pages.
- DWR a free (Apache Licensed) Java library
- Echo2 a free Java Ajax library with a thick client API
- jWic an open source web application framework which uses AJAX to synchronize the client with the server state.
- xajax PHP Ajax toolkit
- Myghty Myghty Ajax Toolkit