Legalisation of documents for Overseas Weddings

原创 2007年09月12日 17:39:00
We recommend that wherever possible documents should be brought to our public counter for a same day service – especially if you are working to a tight deadline.

No ID is required and you do not need to attend personally, anyone can present the documents on your behalf.

If you choose to post your documents to us, please note that postal applications take approximately 15 WORKING DAYS to process from the time they arrive in our office. It will also take some time for the application to be posted back to you, so please allow at least 4 weeks for the whole process. Additional delays may also occur where there is a query with a signature or document and during particularly busy times of the year (April-Sept).

We recommend that postal applications are sent by recorded or special delivery. We also recommend that they are returned to you by special or recorded delivery. For more information on this please see the APPLICATIONS BY POST section.

More information on postal applications

We cannot advise which documents you need to get married overseas as this is different for each country. This information must be obtained from the authorities in the country where you are getting married or from your Travel Agent.

Typical UK documents we legalise for overseas weddings are:
  • UK Birth Certificates – Originals or Certified Copies issued by the General Register Office or British Diplomatic Missions overseas, or photocopies if they have been certified by a UK solicitor or notary public confirming them to be true copies of the original documents
  • UK Certificates of No Impediment – Originals signed by a local registrar, or photocopies if they have been certified by a UK solicitor or notary public as being true copies of the original documents. More information on obtaining Certificates of No Impediment and using them abroad can be found at: Certificates of No Impediment or Nulla Ostas
  • UK Divorce Documents – Originals stamped by a UK County Court, or photocopies if they have been certified by a UK solicitor or notary public as being true copies of the original documents.
  • UK Statutory Declarations – Originals signed by the individual(s) concerned and the signatures witnessed by a UK notary public or solicitor. The solicitor should certify this clearly on the document
  • UK Passports – Photocopies of the biodata (information) page which have been certified by a UK notary public or solicitor confiming them to be true copies of the original documents.
  • UK Change of Name Deed Poll – All Change of Name Deed Polls must be signed by a UK notary public or solicitor confirming them to be true and genuine or true photocopies.
Solicitors must sign documents in their own personal signature, not a company signature.They should also print their name underneath and the name of their law firm.

If you choose to legalise photocopies instead of original documents, you should check with the authorities in the country where you are getting married to ensure that this is acceptable to them.

If you have already married overseas and you wish to deposit your foreign (not Commonwealth) marriage or civil partnership certificate with the UK General Registrar Office please visit the following webpages:

Deposits of Foreign Marriage Documents
Deposits of Foreign and Commonwealth Civil Partnership Documents

Once the foreign marriage or Civil Partnership certificate has been deposited with the UK General Registry Office (GRO) a certified copy can be issued by the GRO which can then be legalised. 

Oath At Weddings

Minister: We are gathered here today in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join t...
  • BLA_de
  • BLA_de
  • 2005年09月05日 10:57
  • 883

乱七八糟Overseas password:infected
  • char_star
  • char_star
  • 2015年01月07日 20:55
  • 450

修改系统Documents and Settings目录的位置

  • philosper
  • philosper
  • 2007年02月04日 06:32
  • 6344

d3.js(Data-Driven Documents)数据可视化-----初步学习

首先:     d3.js 是一个将数据转化为图表的javascript
  • h6941902
  • h6941902
  • 2014年09月29日 09:57
  • 1736


  • RiverAM
  • RiverAM
  • 2012年03月10日 22:32
  • 5773

把Documents and Settings目录移到了D盘

  用windows久了,C盘上文件总是不断在增长,主要增长目录就在Documents and Settings,这个目录存放了windows上各个用户的配置文件和数据文件。除了目录变大外,每次重新安...
  • alexdream
  • alexdream
  • 2008年03月24日 14:36
  • 2236

如何更改系统默认的Documents and Settings目录

如何更改系统默认的“Documents and Settings”目录 默认情况下,系统将用户帐号所需用到的配置文件放在C:根目录下,出于安全以及方便备份等原因考虑,可以将该目录更改至其它分...
  • Heng_Ji
  • Heng_Ji
  • 2011年08月18日 12:45
  • 2197


[NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(NSDocumentDirectory, NSUserDomainMask, YES) firstObject]
  • javamxd
  • javamxd
  • 2014年10月11日 11:26
  • 2600

[NLP论文阅读]Distributed Representations of Sentences and Documents

句子、文档的分布式表示 论文阅读
  • sinat_31188625
  • sinat_31188625
  • 2017年04月09日 15:54
  • 640


GCC online documentation : GNU Manuals Online : http://www.gnu....
  • xiruanliuwei
  • xiruanliuwei
  • 2014年12月21日 10:46
  • 267
您举报文章:Legalisation of documents for Overseas Weddings