- Launch Eclipse and click Help > Install New Software....
- Click Add....
- In the Add Repository dialog, set the Name to "Force.com IDE" and the Location to "http://media.developerforce.com/force-ide/eclipse42" and click OK. (Use the same URL for Eclipse 4.3.)
- Eclipse downloads the list of available plugins and displays them in the Available Software dialog.
- Check the box next to the Force.com IDE plugin and click Next.
- In the Install Details dialog, click Next.
- In the Review Licenses dialog, accept the terms and click Finish.
- Eclipse downloads and installs the Force.com IDE and any required dependencies. When installation is complete, you will be prompted to restart. Click Yes.
- When Eclipse restarts, select Window > Open Perspective > Other, select Force.com and click OK.
You are now ready to develop and customize Force.com applications in Eclipse!
Note: When you create a new project, you might be prompted about a new master password. This is a separate password of your choosing required by Eclipse secure storage, and is not associated with your Force.com IDE credentials. For details on Eclipse secure storage, see the Eclipse Workbench User Guide.