- How's it going?
- Not too bad. How are things going with you?
- Great, just great. Hey, could you do me a favor?
Will you keep an eye on my books? I’ll be back in five minutes.
- Where are you going? Are you up to something? You look as though you are.
- Not really. But here comes my girlfriend. I really don’t want her to see me.
- Why not? What’s the problem? Did you have a fight?
- No, it’s nothing like that. She just had her heart set on seeing a movie tonight.
I promised to take her. Then I discovered I didn’t have any money. I called her and said I was sick.
- Relax. She’s going out the other door. You’re safe for the time being.
- That was a close call. I’m lucky she didn’t see me. She would have really hit the roof.