English Pod

### Elementary - Difficult Customer (B0001)
**A:**Good evening. My name is Fabio, I’ll be your waiter for tonight. May I take your order?  
晚上好。我叫法比奥,今晚我是您的服务员。我可以为您点餐吗?

**B:**No, I’m still working on it. This menu is not even in English. What’s good here?  
不,我还没看完。这菜单根本不是英文的。这里有什么推荐的吗?

**A:**For you sir, I would recommend spaghetti and meatballs.  
先生,我推荐意大利面和肉丸。

**B:**Does it come with coke and fries?  
有可乐和薯条吗?

**A:**It comes with either soup or salad and a complimentary glass of wine, Sir.  
有汤或者沙拉,还有一杯免费红酒,先生。

**B:**I’ll go with the spaghetti and meatballs, salad, and the wine.  
那我要意大利面和肉丸,沙拉,还有红酒。

**A:**Excellent choice, your order will be ready soon.  
很好的选择,您的餐很快就会准备好。

**B:**How soon is soon?  
“很快”是多久?

**A:**Twenty minutes?  
二十分钟?

**B:**You know what? I’ll just go grab a burger across the street.  
算了,我还是去对面买个汉堡吧。

### Elementary - Calling In Sick (B0002)
**A:**Hello, Daniel speaking, how may I help you?  
你好,我是丹尼尔,有什么可以帮忙的吗?

**B:**Hi, Daniel, Julie here.  
嗨,丹尼尔,我是朱莉。

**A:**Hi, Julie, how are you?  
嗨,朱莉,你好吗?

**B:**Actually, I’m feeling quite ill today.  
其实,我今天感觉很不舒服。

**A:**I’m sorry to hear that. What’s wrong?  
很抱歉听到这个。你哪里不舒服?

**B:**I think I’m coming down with the flu. I have a headache, a sore throat, a runny nose, and I’m feeling slightly feverish.  
我觉得我可能得了流感。我头痛、喉咙痛、流鼻涕,还有点发烧。

**A:**I see... so you’re calling in sick?  
我明白了... 你是打电话请假吗?

**B:**Yes, I was hoping to take the day off to recover.  
是的,我希望请一天假休息一下。

**A:**OK, then. Try and get some rest.  
好的,那你多休息。

### Daily Life - Hotel Upgrade (C0003)
**A:**Good afternoon. What can I do for you?  
下午好。我能帮您做什么吗?

**B:**I’d like to check in please. I have a reservation under the name Anthony Roberts.  
我想办理入住。我预定的名字是安东尼·罗伯茨。

**A:**All right R.O.B.E.R.T.S... Oh, Mr. Roberts we’ve been expecting you… and here is your keycard to the presidential suite.  
好的,R.O.B.E.R.T.S...哦,罗伯茨先生,我们一直在等您……这是您的总统套房房卡。

**B:**But there must be some mistake; my reservation was for a standard room.  
但是肯定是搞错了;我预订的是标准间。

**A:**Are you sure? Let me double check.  
您确定吗?让我再确认一下。

**B:**Yeah… Here, this is my confirmation number.  
是的...这是我的确认号码。

**A:**You’re right Mr. Roberts, there seems to be a mix-up, unfortunately, we’re overbooked at the moment.  
您说得对,罗伯茨先生,看来是搞混了,不幸的是,我们目前超额预订了。

**B:**So…  
那么…

**A:**Not to worry. We’re pleased to offer you a complimentary upgrade.  
别担心。我们很高兴为您提供免费升级。

**B:**Presidential suite, baby!  
总统套房,太棒了!

### The Office - I Need an Assistant! (C0004)
**A:**...like I told you before, we just don’t have the resources to hire you an assistant.  
……就像我之前告诉你的,我们没有资源为你雇一个助理。

**B:**I understand that, but the fact is we’re understaffed.  
我明白,但事实是我们人手不足。

**A:**The timing is just not right. The economy is bad, and it’s too risky to take on new staff.  
现在时机不对。经济不好,雇新人太冒险了。

**B:**Yeah, I guess you’re right.... here’s an idea, what if we hire an intern? She would take some of the weight off my shoulders.  
是啊,我想你说得对...我有个主意,如果我们雇一个实习生呢?她可以帮我分担一些工作。

**A:**She?  
她?

**B:**Yeah, you know, a recent graduate. She could give me a hand with some of these projects and we could keep our costs down.  
是的,就是刚毕业的那种。她可以帮我做一些项目,这样我们可以节省成本。

**A:**That sounds reasonable... let me see what I can do.  
听起来很合理...我来看看能做些什么。

**A:**Tony, I’d like to introduce you to your new assistant.  
托尼,我来介绍一下你的新助理。

**B:**OK, great! Let’s meet her!  
好啊,太好了!让我见见她!

**C:**Hi, I’m Adam.  
嗨,我是亚当。

**B:**Oh... hi... I’m Tony...  
哦... 嗨... 我是托尼...

### Daily Life - Cut In Line (C0005)
**A:**I can’t believe it took us two hours to get here. The traffic in New York is unbelievable.  
真不敢相信,我们花了两个小时才到这儿。纽约的交通真是太糟糕了。

**B:**Yeah, but just relax honey, we’re here and we’re going on vacation. In a few hours, we’ll be in Hawaii, and you’ll be on the golf course.  
是啊,但别紧张,亲爱的,我们到了,现在是度假。几个小时后,我们就会在夏威夷,你可以去打高尔夫了。

**A:**Oh no! Look at that line! It must be a mile long! There’s no way I’m waiting for another two hours.  
哦,不!看看那队伍!肯定有一英里长!我才不会再等两个小时。

**B:**Honey... don’t...  
亲爱的……别……

**C:**Hey man, the end of the line is over there.  
嘿,伙计,队伍的末尾在那边。

**A:**Yeah...  
好吧...

**C:**No seriously, I was here first, and you can’t cut in line like this.  
不,认真的,我先来的,你不能这样插队。

**A:**Says who?  
谁说的?

**C:**I do!  
我说的!

**A:**So sue me!  
那你去告我啊!

**C:**Alright...that’s it....  
好吧... 那就这样...

  • 7
    点赞
  • 2
    收藏
    觉得还不错? 一键收藏
  • 0
    评论
评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值