该插件支持Eclipse 3.X。 此次发布的新版本中进行了非常重要的提升。其中包括对代码完成引擎的大幅度的改进，增加了代码模板支持以及大量的帮助信息来简化工作。
JSEclipse 1.5 支持JRE 1.4。 目前最新版本为1.5.2
- Open the Eclipse workbench.
- To install new software with the Update manager, in the main Eclipse menu, go to Help > Software Updates ->Find and Install.
- In the user interface that opens, select the Search for new features to install.
- In the next step you choose what locations will be searched. If this is the first time installing an InterAKT plugin, you have to add a New remote site. If you already have it defined, skip to step 7.
- To define a new site to be searched for available plugins, in the user interface click the New Remote Site button.
- The New Update Site dialog box opens. It contains two fields that must be completed:
- Name: this will be the label displayed in the Install or Update software user interface. Enter InterAKT Online.
- URL: this is the URL to the remote site containing the plugins. Enter: http://www.interaktonline.com/
- Check the newly added entry's checkbox. This will set it as active for the software search. You can disable or enable sites on which the software search is performed by checking, respectively un-checking them in the user interface
- Click Finish to start searching for software. A new window will appear showing the search progress.
- Once the search completes, a list of the features available on the remote site will be displayed, with their respective version, using an hierarchical display
- Select the feature to install by checking its checkbox. Click Next to continue.
- The license agreement for each selected feature is displayed next. You must accept the licence agreement in order to continue with the install process. Click the I accept the terms in the license agreement radio button, then Next to move on.
- Next select where to install the plugin. By default, it is the current folder. Use the default and click Finish to install.
- If your configuration is set to check plugins for a digital signature, a confirmation window is displayed, warning if the plugin is not digitally signed. Simply click Install to close the window and install the plugin
- After the installation is completed, and all features have been copied to the desired location, a dialog box will ask for a restart of the workbench. Although some features can be enabled without restarting the workbench, a restart is recommended. Select Yes.
- JSEclipse has been installed.