CodeProtector is a software protection system for Visual studio 6 and .Net C/C++ software. CodeProtector is different from many of the other available systems in that to protect your code it uses encryption rather than obfuscation and 'anti-crack' techniques. Obfuscation and other 'anti-crack' techniques such as debugger detection, tamper checking and basic 'unlock key' systems can all easily be defeated by the determined 'cracker'. With Obfuscation and anti-crack techniques it is important to note that your full version code exists in the software in an executable form. With CodeProtector the full version code is encrypted, and you can optionally run alternative code in its place. The alternative code is removed upon unlocking. The software must be unlocked first using a key to gain access to your full version code, meaning the software must be purchased first to obtain a valid key. This protection used in conjunction with unique lock keys with every distribution or download, with drastically reduce piracy and illegal distribution of your software, as every download will have a unique key forcing payment for the full version of each. CodeProtector has even been used to lock itself for the trial download.
* Uses Rijndael AES 128bit Encryption which is an official U.S. Government approved standard.
* Most secure mechanism available to protect your applications.
* Renders your software virtually uncrackable.
* Secure decryption key verification using SHA-1. The unlock key is NOT embedded in your software.
* Extremely simple to use and integrate into the C/C++ source code of your software.
* Compatible for use in all windows binary executables (e.g. EXE, DLL, COM Servers, NT services).
* For use in Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP.
* Suitable for use in any software, from corporate products down to small business developed shareware.
* Enables specific choice of sections of your source code to be encrypted.
* Allows Alternative code sections that run instead of encrypted sections when your software is locked. these are removed when your software is unlocked and purchased.
* For use with C and C++ in Microsoft Visual Studio 6 and .Net.
* Negligible binary size increase.
* Precompiled lock and unlock command line utilities, plus the lock and unlock API in library form to allow you to write your own customised lock and unlock systems.
* Unique identification of software via a serial number provided during the locking phase.
* Locking Reminder, this prevents your software from running until you have locked it.