Start Eclipse, then select Help > Software Updates... In the dialog that appears, select the Available Software tab and then click Add Site....
- Enter the following value for the Location field:
http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.4. Click OK.
- Back in the Available Software view, you should see a new update site named Google Update Site for Eclipse 3.4. Select the checkbox next to the new update site. This will install the plugin, a Google App Engine Java SDK and a Google Web Toolkit SDK. Click Install...
Note: Installing the SDKs is optional; you can always install them later on.
If Eclipse spends a long time calculating requirements and dependencies, you may want to look at FAQ - Long installs.
If you are having trouble installing from the update site, please see this FAQ entry.
- Review the features that you are about to install. Click Next.
- Read the license agreements and then select I accept the terms in the license agreements. Click Next.
- You will then be asked be asked if you would like to restart Eclipse. Click Yes.
- Now you are ready to build Google Web Toolkit and App Engine applications! If you encountered issues during the installation, please see the FAQ.