Title: Principal Dev Manager
The R&D of Shared Data Platform at Search Technology Center Asia aims to build a unified data platform encompassing users, advertisers, search engine, and office365. We are able to process and present data in ways that enable easy insights extraction on data sets on ever increasing scales. Through such a platform, we are turning data into much more than they are today.
The Shared Data Platform team provides scalable data services and infrastructure required to acquire and process the huge volumes of data related to Microsoft Applications and Services and present a single version of the truth in a timely and meaningful way.
The team’s responsibilities include:
• Infrastructure and data services that present highly scalable online service data to consumers in an open and flexible way that is easy to operate, maintain and troubleshoot
• Cost effective data services that deliver required value while keeping operating costs low enough to make platform profitable
• Maintain and operate all production, SLA bound data services that present a clear, consistent and comprehensive version of the truth
• Timely access to accurate information on application and services. This includes all SLA bound data delivery services to business and engineering partners
• Empower users through integrated and flexible data services
• Empower engineering partners by providing flexible APIs for integrating their algorithms into the platform data pipelines and for consuming data products.
• Comply with corporate privacy and security policies
Shared Data Platform team in STCA is looking for a top-notch development manager to help advance the state of the art in shared data platform. The Dev Manager will lead a strong team building Near Real-time Platform, Data Platform Authoring and Management Tools, and Data Workflow Platform/Authoring/Debugging tools etc. With this team, you will have the rare opportunity to work on large scale, low latency, robust, distributed, high performing internet scale data processing infrastructure, ranging from real time streaming data processing, distributed database/data warehousing, and metadata semantic management etc.
This is a fun and fast paced environment and a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft.
Candidates are expected to have following qualifications:
• Love to design and write great code
• With great technical passion,   terrific problem-solving skills, drive for results, and ability to work independently
• Have experienced full product life cycle; managed project development and schedule to a successful shipping
• Superb communication and collaboration skills, able to influence peers and partners
• Ability to attract and hire the best to build a strong team
• Extensive experiences leading, motivating and coaching people and managers
• Fluent in one of the major programming languages: C, C++, C#, or Java
• Significant experiences in one of the following areas : Hadoop, MapReduce, database systems, large scale internet applications, operating system kernels, distributed systems, storage systems, and compiler and development environment
• Minimum 10 year software development experiences with at least 3 years in lead or management roles. Bachelor degree in computer science or a related field is required.   Master or Ph.D. is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.