2. The latest surveys show that quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework.
3. No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet.
4. People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.
5. An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete with graduation.
6. When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study.
7. Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person’s physical fitness.
8. Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international tourism.
9. An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction of city. However, this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents, who complain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
10. Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus, which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
11. There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem: the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.
12. An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement.
12a. A proper part-time job does not occupy students’ too much time. In fact, it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
14. Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy price.
15.Nowadays, many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin. Unfortunately, for most young people, it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.
16. In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures should be taken before things get worse.
17. The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them with more opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills, which may put them in a favorable position in the future job markets.
18. It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.
19. Although this view is wildly held, this is little evidence that education can be obtained at any age and at any place.
20. No one can deny the fact that a person’s education is the most important aspect of his life.
21. People equate success in life with the ability of operating computer.
22. In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live longer than in the past.
23. In fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is as important as life itself.
24. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
25. People believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.
26. The information I’ve collected over last few years leads me to believe that this knowledge may be less useful than most people think.
27. Now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduation.
28. This is a matter of life and death--a matter no country can afford to ignore.
29. For my part, I agree with the latter opinion for the following reasons:
30. Before giving my opinion, I think it is important to look at the arguments on both sides.
31. This view is now being questioned by more and more people.
32. Although many people claim that, along with the rapidly economic development, the number of people who use bicycle are decreasing and bicycle is bound to die out. The information I’ve collected over the recent years leads me to believe that bicycle will continue to play extremely important roles in modern society.
33. Environmental experts point out that increasing pollution not only causes serious problems such as global warming but also could threaten to end human life on our planet.
34. In view of such serious situation, environmental tools of transportation like bicycle are more important than any time before.
35. Using bicycle contributes greatly to people’s physical fitness as well as easing traffic jams.
36. Despite many obvious advantages of bicycle, it is not without its problem.
37. Bicycle can’t be compared with other means of transportation like car and train for speed and comfort.
38. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that advantages of bicycle far outweigh its disadvantages and it will still play essential roles in modern society.
39. There is a general discussion these days over education in many colleges and institutes. One of the questions under debate is whether education is a lifetime study.
40. This issue has caused wide public concern.
41. It must be noted that learning must be done by a person himself.
42. A large number of people tend to live under the illusion that they had completed their education when they finished their schooling. Obviously, they seem to fail to take into account the basic fact that a person’s education is a most important aspect of his life.
43. As for me, I’m in favor of the opinion that education is not complete with graduation, for the following reasons:
44. It is commonly accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduate.
45. Even the best possible graduate needs to continue learning before she or he becomes an educated person.
46. It is commonly thought that our society had dramatically changed by modern science and technology, and human had made extraordinary progress in knowledge and technology over the recent decades.
47. Now people in growing numbers are beginning to believe that learning new skills and knowledge contributes directly to enhancing their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.
48. An investigation shows that many older people express a strong desire to continue studying in university or college.
49. For the majority of people, reading or learning a new skill has become the focus of their lives and the source of their happiness and contentment after their retirement.
50. For people who want to adopt a healthy and meaningful life style, it is important to find time to learn certain new knowledge. Just as an old saying goes: it is never too late to learn.
51. There is a general debate on the campus today over the phenomenon of college or high school students’ doing a part-time job.
52. By taking a major-related part-job, students can not only improve their academic studies, but gain much experience, experience they will never be able to get from the textbooks.
53. Although people’s lives have been dramatically changed over the last decades, it must be admitted that, shortage of funds is still the one of the biggest questions that students nowadays have to face because that tuition fees and prices of books are soaring by the day.
54. Consequently, the extra money obtained from part-time job will strongly support students to continue to their study life.
55. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw a conclusion that part-time job can produce a far-reaching impact on students and they should be encouraged to take part-time job, which will benefit students and their family, even the society as a whole.
56. These days, people in growing numbers are beginning to complain that work is more stressful and less leisurely than in past. Many experts point out that, along with the development of modern society, it is an inevitable result and there is no way to avoid it.
57. It is widely acknowledged that computer and other machines have become an indispensable part of our society, which make our life and work more comfortable and less laborious.
58. At the same time, along with the benefits of such machines, employees must study knowledge involved in such machines so that they are able to control them.
59. No one can deny the basic fact that it is impossible for average workers to master those high-technology skills easily.
60. In the second place, there seem to be too many people without job and not enough job position.
61. Millions of people have to spend more time and energy on studying new skills and technology so that they can keep a favorable position in job market.
62. According to a recent survey, a growing number of people express a strong desire to take another job or spend more time on their job in order to get more money to support their family.
63. From what has been discussed above, I am fully convinced that the leisure life-style is undergoing a decline with the progress of modern society, it is not necessary a bad thing.
64. The problem of international tourism has caused wide public concern over the recent years.
65. Many people believe that international tourism produce positive effects on economic growth and local government should be encouraged to promote international tourism.
66. But what these people fail to see is that international tourism may bring about a disastrous impact on our environment and local history.
67. As for me, I’m firmly convinced that the number of foreign tourists should be limited, for the following reasons:
68. In addition, in order to attract tourists, a lot of artificial facilities have been built, which have certain unfavorable effects on the environment.
69. For lack of distinct culture, some places will not attract tourists any more. Consequently, the fast rise in number of foreign tourists may eventually lead to the decline of local tourism.
70. There is a growing tendency for parents to ask their children to accept extra educational programs over the recent years.
71. This phenomenon has caused wide public concern in many places of world.
72. Many parents believe that additional educational activities enjoy obvious advantage. By extra studies, they maintain, their children are able to obtain many kinds of practical skills and useful knowledge, which will put them in a beneficial position in the future job markets when they grow up.
73. In the first place, extra studies bring about unhealthy impacts on physical growth of children. Educational experts point out that, it is equally important to take some sport activities instead of extra studies when children have spent the whole day in a boring classroom.
74. Children are undergoing fast physical development; lack of physical exercise may produce disastrous influence on their later life.
75. In the second place, from psychological aspect, the majority of children seem to tend to have an unfavorable attitude toward additional educational activities.
76. It is hard to imagine a student focusing their energy on textbook while other children are playing.
77. Moreover, children will have less time to play and communicate with their peers due to extra studies, consequently, it is difficult to develop and cultivate their character and interpersonal skills. They may become more solitary and even suffer from certain mental illness.
78. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that, although extra studies indeed enjoy many obvious advantages, its disadvantages shouldn’t be ignored and far outweigh its advantages. It is absurd to force children to take extra studies after school.
79. Any parents should place considerable emphasis on their children to keep the balance between play and study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
80. There is a growing tendency for parent these days to stay at home to look after their children instead of returning to work earlier.
81. Parents are firmly convinced that, to send their child to kindergartens or nursery schools will have an unfavorable influence on the growth of children.
82. However, this idea is now being questioned by more and more experts, who point out that it is unhealthy for children who always stay with their parents at home.
83. Although parent would be able to devote much more time and energy to their children, it must be admitted that, parent has less experience and knowledge about how to educate and supervise children, when compared with professional teachers working in kindergartens or nursery schools.
84. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw a conclusion that, although the parents’ desire to look after children by themselves is understandable, its disadvantages far outweigh the advantages.
85. Parents should be encouraged to send their children to nursery schools, which will bring about profound impacts on children and families, and even the society as a whole.
86. Many leaders of government always go into raptures at the mere mention of artistic and cultural projects. They are forever talking about the nice parks, the smart sculptures in central city and the art galleries with various valuable rarities. Nothing, they maintain, is more essential than such projects in the economic growth.
87. But is it really the case? The information I’ve collected over last few years leads me to believe that artistic and cultural projects may be less useful than many governments think. In fact, basic infrastructure projects are playing extremely important role and should be given priority.
88. Those who are in favor of artistic and cultural projects advocate that cultural environment will attract more tourists, which will bring huge profits to local residents. Some people even equate the build of such projects with the improving of economic construction.
89. Unfortunately, there is very few evidence that big companies are willing to invest a huge sums of money in a place without sufficient basic projects, such as supplies of electricity and water.
90. From what has been discussed above, it would be reasonable to believe that basic projects play far more important role than artistic and cultural projects in people’s life and economic growth.
91. Those urban planners who are blind to this point will pay a heavy price, which they cannot afford it.
92. There is a growing tendency these days for many people who live in rural areas to come into and work in city. This problem has caused wide public concern in most cities all over the world.
93. An investigation shows that many emigrants think that working at city provide them with not only a higher salary but also the opportunity of learning new skills.
94. It must be noted that improvement in agriculture seems to not be able to catch up with the increase in population of rural areas and there are millions of peasants who still live a miserable life and have to face the dangers of exposure and starvation.
95. Although rural emigrants contribute greatly to the economic growth of the cities, they may inevitably bring about many negative impacts.
96. Many sociologists point out that rural emigrants are putting pressure on population control and social order; that they are threatening to take already scarce city jobs; and that they have worsened traffic and public health problems.
97. It is suggested that governments ought to make efforts to reduce the increasing gap between cities and countryside. They ought to set aside an appropriate fund for improvement of the standard of peasants’ lives. They ought to invite some experts in agriculture to share their experiences, information and knowledge with peasants, which will contribute directly to the economic growth of rural areas.
98. In conclusion, we must take into account this problem rationally and place more emphases on peasants’ lives. Any government that is blind to this point will pay a heavy price.
99. Although many experts from universities and institutes consistently maintain that it is an inevitable part of an independent life, parents in growing numbers are starting to realize that people, including teachers and experts in education, should pay considerable attention to this problem.
100. As for me, it is essential to know, at first, what kind of problems young students possible would encounter on campus.
101. In addition to the obvious problem--loneliness, another major obstacle, in my opinion, is the alien environment of campus.
102. Freshmen often get lost on campus; fail to find the way to dormitory or library.
103. Most important of all, apart from their hometown and parents, students couldn’t catch sight of any familiar face and have to suffer from homelessness, which can cause certain serious mental disease.
104. In the first place, school authorities should provide far more services to help freshmen to get used to the new life as soon as possible.
105. The senior and junior students could share their own experience about how to overcome the difficulty they have ever met, how to adjust to the new environment with the new students.
106. At the same time, young people should be encouraged to communicate with their peers and develop their interpersonal skills, which may help them greatly to reduce dependence on their parents and are essential in the maintenance of healthy mental condition.
107. In conclusion, we must lay emphasis on this problem and make our maximum contribution to help them spend their first day on campus smoothly.
108. There is a general discussion over fashion in recent years. One of the questions under debate is whether a person should choose comfortable clothes, which he or she likes, regardless of fashion.
109. This issue is becoming a matter of concern for more and more people, especially for parents and experts in education.
110. Many young people always go into raptures at the merely mention of buying fashion clothes. And they seem to be attracted by colorful material, various styles of fashion clothes. There is nothing, they maintain, that can’t be compared with fashion clothes. In fact, fashion clothes had become indispensable part of youngster’s life.
111. Many people seem to overlook the basic fact: the major function of clothing is to keep us warm and comfortable.
112. Furthermore, people who addict to fashion clothes have to spend more time going shopping and pay more attention to the impression they make on others. As a result, it is impossible to devote enough time and energy in their study and job.
112a. No one can doubt the essential fact that the traffic problem over the last years has caused wide public concern all over the world. Experts in increasing numbers are beginning to believe that such situation would produce unfavorable effects on economic growth of local areas.
114. There are several reasons for this problem. One of the main reasons is that the number of vehicles is increasing much more rapidly than building of roads. Another primary reason is that there seem to be too many private cars and not enough public buses.
115. Meanwhile, the numbers of people, who have access to their own cars, have risen sharply in the recent years.
116. Moreover, many people, including drivers and cyclists, do not obey the traffic rules properly, especially at busy intersections. And this undoubtedly worsens the already grave situation.
117. The number of private cars in urban areas should be limited while the number of public buses should be increased.
118. When asked what kind of school they are willing to send their children to attend, many parents say they would choose a boarding school rather than day schools for their children.
119. Many survey show that people in increasing numbers are beginning to recognize that boarding school provides better environment and facilities for children.
120. At the same time, there are still many people who live under the traditional ideas that day schools play an extremely important role in children’s study.
121. On the one hand, it is indisputable that boarding schools are exerting a growing important effect, especially in last few years.
122. Students attend a boarding school would cultivate their independence as apart from their parents.
123. What’s more, living in school can save them a great deal of time on the way between home and school everyday, so they would be able to concentrate more time and energy on their academic work.
124. On the other hand, the contribution of day schools can’t be ignored.
125. Due to high tuition fee, most of ordinary families cannot afford to send their children to boarding schools.
126. Since it is unnecessary to consider student’s routine life, day school can lay stress on teaching instead of other aspects, such as management of dormitory and cafeteria.
127. Furthermore, students living in their own home would have access to a comfortable life and have more opportunities to communicate with their parents, which have beneficial impact on development of their personal character.
128. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that both of day schools and boarding schools are important to train young students for our society.
129. There is much discussion over science and technology. One of the questions under debate is whether traditional technology and methods are bound to die out when a country begins to develop modern science and technology.
130. As for me, the declining of traditional technology and methods is not a bad thing; it is the natural result of progress of society.
131. In the first place, some aspects of the traditional technology and methods are harmful and hampering the development of modern technology science.
132. Although modern science and technology have proved that such methods are absurd, there are still millions of people use such methods in many remote places nowadays.
133. In the second place, many values of traditional technology are out of date and should be replaced by modern science.
134. Although many people tend to live under the illusion that traditional technology and methods are still playing extremely important role in people’s life, an increasing evidences show that it is less useful than many people think.
135. From what has been discussed above, I firmly believe that time will prove that traditional technology and methods would die out with the development of modern science and technology. The maintenance of the traditional technology and methods is futile.
136. At the time when technology means ever more harmful carbon in the air we breathe, we need these forests now more than ever.
137. Nothing is more important than to receive education.
138. We cannot emphasize the importance of protecting our eyes too much.
139. There is no denying that the qualities of our living have gone from bad to worse.
140. It is universally acknowledged that trees are indispensable to us.
141. There is no doubt that our educational system leaves something to be desired.
142. An advantage of using the solar energy is that it won’t create any pollution.
143. The reason why we have to grow trees is that they can supply fresh air for us.
144. So precious is time that we can’t afford to waste it.
145. Rich as our country is, the qualities of our living are by no means satisfactory.
146. The harder you work, the more progress you make.
147. The more books we read, the more learned we become.
148. To average people, they often tend to live under the illusion that English often means a good opportunity for one’s career, is this really the case?
149. By taking exercise, we can always stay healthy.
150. Listening to music enables us to feel relaxed.
151. On no account can we ignore the value of knowledge.
152. It is time the authorities concerned took proper steps to solve the traffic problems.
153. Those who violate traffic regulations should be punished.
154. There is no one but longs to go to college.
155. Since the examination is around the corner, I am compelled to give up doing sports.
156. It is conceivable that knowledge plays an important role in our life.
157. Summer is sultry. That’s the reason why I don’t like it.
158. The progress of the society is based on harmony.
159. We should bring home to people the value of working hard.
160. Taking exercise is closely related to health.
161. We should get into the habit of keeping good hours.
162. The condition of our traffic leaves much to be desired.
163. Smoking has a great influence on our health.
164. Reading does good to our mind.
165. Overwork does harm to health.
166. Pollution poses a great threat to our existence.
167. We should do our best to achieve our goal in life.
168. Weather a large family is a good thing or not is a very popular topic, which is often talked about not only by city residents but by farmers as well.
169. As is known to all, fake and inferior commodities harm the interests of consumers.
170. Today an increasing number of people have realized that law education is of great importance. In order to keep law and order, every one of us is supposed to get a law education.
171. From what I have mentioned above, we can see clearly that violence on TV has great influence on youngsters’ behavior.
172. There are two reasons for the improvement in people’s living conditions. In the first place, we have been carrying out the reform and opening-up policy. Secondly, there has been a rapid expansion of our national economy. Furthermore, the birth rate has been put under control.
173. My suggestions to deal with the problem are as follows. To begin with, it is urgent to create nature reserves. Secondly, certain rare wild animals that are going to be extinct should be collected, fed and reproduced artificially. Finally, those who hunter them must be punished severely.
174. People differ in their attitudes towards failure. Faced with it, some of them can stand up to it, draw useful lessons from it and try hard to fulfill what they are determined to do. Others, however, lose heart and give in.
175. It is desirable to build more hospitals, shopping centers, recreation centers, cinemas and other public facilities to meet the growing needs of people.
176. As a popular saying goes, “everything has two sides.“ Now the public are benefiting more and more from scientific and technological inventions. On the other hand, the progress of science and technology is bringing us a lot of trouble. People in many countries are suffering from public hazards.
177. Let’s take cars for example. They not only pollute the air in cities, but make them crowded. Furthermore, they are responsible for a lot of traffic accidents. The noise made by cars disturbs the residents living on both sides of streets all day and night.
178. It is generally believed that the chief reason for the increase in population in developed countries is not so much the rise in birth rates as the decline in death rates as a result of the improvement in medical care.
179. There is no doubt that the increase in demand caused the rise in prices.
180. Additional social stresses may also occur because of the population explosion or problems arising from mass migration movements-themselves made relatively easy nowadays by modern means of transport.
181. With the opening and reform policy being carried out, thousands upon thousands of foreign visitors are crowding into our country. They are eager to see this old mysterious land with a splendid culture of more than 5,000years.
182. Tourism brings China a lot of benefits. First, it enables the Chinese people to know more about the outside world and promotes friendship and understanding. Second, it is financially beneficial to China, which needs more foreign currencies for its modernization program.
183 Tourism, however, gives rise to a number of problems. For instance, it becomes a burden to inefficient transportation system.
184. Besides, the living standard of the average Chinese is still not high enough to be able to afford the many different sorts of expensed during long distance travels.
185. As for me, with the development of our national economy, all these problems will certainly be solved step by step.
186. A much better and brighter future awaits us.
187. When an opportunity comes, it brings a promise but never realizes it on its own.
188. If you want to achieve something or intend to fulfill one of your ambitions, you must work hard, make efforts and get prepared. Otherwise, you will take no advantage of opportunities when they come to visit you.
189. The difference between a man who succeeds and one who does not lies only in the way each treats opportunities. The successful person always makes adequate preparations to meet opportunities as they duly arrive. The unsuccessful person, on the other hand, works little and just waits to see pass by.
190. In my opinion, there are plenty of opportunities for everyone in our society, but only those who are prepared adequately and qualified highly can make use of them to achieve purpose.
191. Anthropologists have discovered that fear, happiness, sadness, and surprise are universally reflected in facial expressions.
192. The greater the population there is in a locality, the greater the need there is for water, transportation, and disposal of refuse.
193. Long before children are able to speak or understand a language, they communicate through facial expressions and by making noises.
194. Children with parents whose guidance is firm, consistent, and rational are inclined to possess high levels of self-confidence.
195. Television, the most pervasive and persuasive of modern technologies, marked by rapid change and growth, is moving into a new era, an era of extraordinary sophistication and versatility, which promises to reshape our lives and our world.
196. Television is more than just an electronic appliance; it is a means of expression, as well as a vehicle for communication, and as such becomes a powerful tool for reaching other human beings.
197. I am always amazed when I heard people saying that sport creates goodwill between the nations, and that if only the common peoples of the world could meet one another at football or cricket, they would have no inclination to meet on the battlefield.
198. One of the great early writers wrote that: Work is the grand cure of all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind. If this is true, then the present situation should make us wonder whether the measure that the average worker is obliged to retire at the age of 50 is reasonable.
199. “The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them.“ Such is the remark made by Bernard Shaw, a great writer. This view has been shared now by more and more people.
200. Adler is correct in this assertion that education does not end with graduation.