1. Hello. 你好！
2. Good morning. 早晨好！
3. I’m John Smith. 我是约翰.史密斯。
4. Are you Bill Jones?你是比尔.琼斯吗？
5. Yes, I am. 是的，我是。
6. How are you?你好吗？
7. Fine, thanks. 很好，谢谢。
8. How is Helen?海伦好吗？
9. She’s very well, thank you. 她很好，谢谢您。
10. Good afternoon, Mr. Green. 午安，格林先生。
11. Good evening, Mrs. Brown. 晚上好，布朗夫人。
12. How are you this evening?今晚上您好吗？
13. Good night, John. 晚安，约翰。
14. Good-bye, Bill. 再见，比尔。
15. See you tomorrow. 明天见。
16. Come in, please. 请进！
17. Sit down. 坐下！
18. Stand up, please. 请站起来。
19. Open your book, please. 请把书打开。
20. Close your book, please. 请把书合上。
21. Don’t open your book. 别打开书。
22. Do you understand?你明白了吗？
23. Yes, I understand. 是的，我明白了。
24. No, I don’t understand. 不，我不明白。
25. Listen and repeat. 先听，然后再重复一遍。
26. Now read, please. 现在请大家读。
27. That’s fine. 好得很。
28. It’s time to begin. 到开始的时候了。
29. Let’s begin now. 现在让我们开始。
30. This is Lesson One. 这是第一课。
31. What’s this? 这是什么？
32. That’s a book. 那是一本书。
33. Is this your book? 这是你的书吗？
34. No, that’s not my book. 不，那不是我的书。
35. Whose book is this? 这是谁的书？
36. That’s your book. 那是你的书。
37. And what’s that? 还有那是什么？
38. Is that a book? 那是一本书吗？
39. No, it isn’t. 不，不是。
40. It’s a pencil. 那是一枝铅笔。
41. Is it yours? 它是你的吗？
42. Yes, it’s mine. 是，是我的。
43. Where’s the door? 门在哪儿？
44. There it is. 门在那儿。
45. Is this book his? 这本书是他的吗？
46. What are these? 这些是什么？
47. Those are books. 那些是书。
48. Where are the books? 那些书在哪儿？
49. There they are. 在那儿。
50. These are my pencils. 这些是我的铅笔。
51. Where are your pens? 你的那些钢笔在哪儿？
52. They’re over there. 在那里。
53. Are these your pens? 这些是你的钢笔吗？
54. Yes, they are. 是我的。
55. Those are mine. 那些是我的。
56. These are your books, aren’t they? 这些书是你的，对不对？
57. No, they aren’t. 不，不是。
58. They’re not mine. 不是我的。
59. These are mine, and those are yours. 这些是我的，而那些是你的。
60. Those aren’t your pens, are they? 那些钢笔不是你的，对吧？
61. Who are you? 你是谁？
62. I’m a student. 我是学生。
63. Who is that over there? 那边那个人是谁？
64. He’s a student, too. 他也是学生。
65. Is that lady a student? 那位女士是学生吗？
66. No, she isn’t. 不，她不是。
67. Those men aren’t students, either. 那些人也不是学生。
68. Am I your teacher? 我是你们的教员吗？
69. Yes, you are. 是的，你是。
70. That man is a teacher, isn’t he? 那个人是位教员，对不对？
71. Yes, he is. 是的，他是。
72. Who are those people? 那些人是谁？
73. Maybe they’re farmers. 他们可能是农民。
74. Aren’t they students? 他们不是学生吗？
75. I really don’t know. 我真的不知道。
76. What’s your name? 你叫什么名字？
77. My name is Jones. 我姓琼斯。
78. What’s your first name? 你的名字叫什么？
79. My first name is Bill. 我的名字叫比尔。
80. How do you spell your last name? 你的姓怎么拼法？
81. Jones. J-O-N-E-S. 琼斯，J－O－N－E－S。
82. What’s your friend’s name? 你的朋友叫什么名字？
83. His name is John Smith. 他叫约翰.史密斯。
84. John and I are old friends. 我和约翰是老朋友了。
85. Are you John’s brother? 你是约翰的兄弟吗？
86. No, I’m not. 不，我不是。
87. This is Mr. Jones. 这是琼斯先生。
88. How do you do? 你好！
89. Mrs. Jones, this is Mr. John Smith. 琼斯夫人，这是约翰、史密斯先生。
90. Very please to meet you. 见到您很高兴。
91. What day is today? 今天是星期几？
92. Today is Monday. 今天是星期一。
93. What day was yesterday? 昨天是星期几？
94. Yesterday was Sunday. 昨天是星期日。
95. What day is tomorrow? 明天是星期几？
96. What month is this? 现在是几月份？
97. This is January. 现在是一月份。
98. Last month was December, wasn’t it ? 上个月是十二月，对不对？
99. Yes, it was. 是，是十二月份。
100. What month is next month? 下个月是几月份？
101. I was in the hospital for several weeks. 我在医院里住了几个星期了。
102. Where were you on Tuesday? 星期二你在哪里？
103. You were here in February, weren’t you? 二月份你曾在这里，对不对？
104. No, I wasn’t . 不，我没有在这里。
105. Your friend was here a week ago, wasn’t he? 一个星期前，你的朋友曾在这里，是不是？
106. Do you have a book? 你有一本书吗？
107. Yes, I do. 是的，我有。
108. You have a radio, don’t you? 你有一台收音机，对吗？
109. No, I don’t . 不，我没有。
110. I don’t have a phonograph, either. 我也没有留声机。
111. Dees this radio belong to you? 这台收音机是你的吗？
112. Yes, I think it does. 是的，我认为它是我的。
113. How many sisters and brothers do you have? 你有几个姊妹和兄弟？
114. Don’t you have my hat? 你没拿我的帽子吧？
115. Yes, I have both your hat and your coat. 不，你的帽子和大衣都在我这里。
116. Does John have a yellow pencil? 约翰有一支黄铅笔吗？
117. Yes, he does. 是的，他有。
118. He has a radio, doesn’t he? 他有一台收音机，对不对？
119. No, he doesn’t have one. 不，他没有。
120. He already has a phonograph, but he doesn’t have a radio yet. 他已经有一架留声机，但是他还没有收音机。
121. What time is it? 几点钟了？
122. It’s two o’clock. 两点钟。
123. It’s a few minutes after two. 两点过几分。
124. My watch is fast and your watch Is slow. 我的表快，而你的表慢。
125. Excuse me. Can you tell me the correct time? 对不起，你能告诉我一下准确的时间吗？
126. No, I can’t . 不，我不能。
127. I don’t know what time it is. 我不知道现在几点钟。
128. I don’t think it’s four o’clock yet. 我认为现在还不到四点。
129. It must be about three thirty. 现在想必是三点三十分左右。
130. I get up before six o’clock every day. 每天我六点前起床。
131. The restaurant doesn’t open until seven forty-five. 饭馆要到七点四十五分才开门。
132. Will you be here at ten o’clock tomorrow? 请你明天十点到这里，行吗？
133. Yes, I will. 行。
134. We’ll be on time, won’t we? 我们将按时到，是吗?
135. I hope so. 我希望如此。
136. What’s the date today? 今天是几号？
137. Today is November first, nineteen sixty-three. 今天是一九六三年十一月一号。
138. When were you born? 你是什么时候出生的？
139. I was born on November first, nineteen thirty-five. 我是一九三五年11月1日出生的。
140. Today is my birthday. 今天是我的生日。
141. My sister was born in nineteen thirty-eight. 我的妹妹是一九三八年出生的。
142. I don’t know the exact date. 我不知道确切的日子。
143. Where were you born? 你出生在什么地方？
144. I was born in a little town not far from here. 我出生在离这儿不远的小城市里。
145. What do you know about the tenth century? 有关十世纪的事你知道些什么？
146. I don’t know anything about that. 关于那个我什么都不知道。
147. Let’s talk about something else. 让我们谈点别的什么吧。
148. Where were you during the month of April last year? 去年四月份你在哪里？
149. I don’t remember where I was then. 我不记得那时我在哪里。
150. Where will you be nest year at this time? 151. What do you want? 你想要些什么？
152. I want a cup of coffee. 我想来杯咖啡。
153. What would you like to eat? 你想吃些什么？
154. Please give me a piece of pie. 请给我来片馅饼。
155. Which one would you like--this one or that one? 你想要哪一个？这一个还是那一个？
156. It doesn’t matter to me. 随便就可以了。
157. I’d like to talk with Mr. Johns or Mr. Smith. 我想和约翰先生或史密斯先生讲话。
158. I’m sorry, but both of them are busy right now. 很抱歉，他们都在忙。
159. Wouldn’t you like some coffee? 不想来点咖啡吗？
160. I’d rather have some tea, if you don’t mind. 如果你不介意的话，请给我来杯茶。
161. Do you know any of those people? 你认识这些人吗？
162. Two or three of them look familiar. 我和其中的两三个人比较熟。
163. All of those men are friends of mine. 他们都是我的朋友。
164. Which one of those men is Mr. Taylor? 这些人中哪个是泰勒先生？
165. Is he the tall man on the left? 在左边的那个高个男士是不是他？ 明年这个时候你将在哪里？
166. Do you speak English? 你会讲英语吗？
167. Yes, a little. 是的，会一点。
168. Does your friend speak English? 你的朋友会讲英语吗?
169. Yes, he speaks English perfectly. 会而且讲得很好.
170. What’s his native language? 他的母语是什么？
171. I don’t know what his native language is. 我不知道他的母语是什么。
172. How many languages do you speak? 你能讲几种语言？
173. My friend reads and writes several languages. 我的朋友能读写几种语言。
174. How well do you know French? 你的法语程度怎样？
175. He speaks French with an American accent. 他讲的是带着美国口音的法语。
176. My parents speak English perfectly. 我父母能讲很好的英语。
177. Mr. Jones can speak French pretty well. 钟斯先生能讲很好的法语。
178. Sometimes I make mistakes when I speak English. 有时候, 我会在讲英语时犯一些错误。
179. I have a lot of trouble with pronunciation. 我的发音存在一些问题。
180. How is her accent in French? 他讲法语时的口音怎样？
181. What are you doing? 你在干什么？
182. I’m reading a book. 我在看书。
183. What’s your friend doing? 你的朋友在干什么？
184. He’s studying his lesson. 他在做他的功课。
185. I’m not doing anything right now. 我无事可做。
186. Where are you going? 你想去哪？
187. I’m going home. 我想回家。
188. What time are you coming back? 你什么时候回来？
189. I’m not sure what time I’m coming back. 我不确定我什么时候能回来。
190. What are you thinking about? 你在想什么？
191. I’m thinking about my lesson. 我在想我的功课。
192. Who are you writing to? 你在给谁写信？
193. I’m writing to a friend of mine in South American. 我在给我南美的一位朋友写信。
194. By the way, who are you waiting for? 顺便问一句，你在等谁？
195. I’m not waiting for anybody. 我谁也不等。
196. How old are you? 你多大了?
197. I’m twenty-one years old. 我21岁了。
198. My brother is not quite twenty-five. 我的哥哥没有25岁。
199. John is not forty-five yet, is he? 约翰还没有45岁，是吗？
200. Mr. Smith is still in his fifties. 史密斯先生50多岁了。
201. I’m two years older than you are. 我比你大两岁。
202. My brother is two years younger than I am. 我的弟弟比我小两岁。
203. How many are there in your family? 你家几口人？
204. There are seven of us altogether. 我家总共七口人。
205. My sister is the oldest. 我的姐姐最大。
206. I’m the youngest. 我最小。
207. Guess how old I am. 猜猜我多大。
208. I’d say yor’re about twenty-three. 我猜你可能23岁。
209. I was thirty on my last birthday. 我 已经过了30岁的生日 。
210. I’m going to be sixty-one next Tuesday. 下周二我就要61岁了。
211. What time do you get up every day? 你平常几点起床？
212. I usually wake up early. 我通常很早起床。
213. I get up at 6 o’clock every day. 我每天6:00起床。
214. My brother gets up later than I do. 我的哥哥比我起床要晚。
215. After I get dressed, I have breakfast. 我穿好衣服后吃早餐。
216. Usually, I have a big breakfast. 通常我的早餐比较丰盛。
217. I have juice, toast and coffee for breakfast. 我早餐通常有果汁，面包和咖啡。
218. I leave the house at eight a. m. each day. 每天我都会在早上8:00离开我家。
219. I get to work at nine o’clock every morning. 我会在每天早上9:00开始工作。
220. I work hard all morning. 每天早上我都会很努力地工作。
221. I go out for lunch at about 12:30. 我中午12:30出去吃午餐。
222. I finish working at 5:45 p. m. 我在下午5:45分完成我的工作。
223. I eat dinner at about 7 o’clock. 我会在晚上7:00吃晚饭。
224. Before I eat dinner, I read the newspaper for a while. 在吃晚饭之前，我会看一会报纸。
225. I usually go to bed at about midnight. 我通常午夜才睡觉。
226. What time did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上几点钟起的床？
227. I woke up early and got up at 6 o’clock. 我醒得很早，在6:00起的床。
228. My brother got up earlier than I did. 我的哥哥比我起得早。
229. Did you get dressed ? 你穿好衣服了吗？
230. Yes, I got dressed and had breakfast. 是的，我穿好衣服而且吃完早餐了。
231. What kind of breakfast did you have? 你吃的什么样的早餐？
232. What time did you get to work yesterday morning? 昨天早上你几点钟去上的班？
233. I left the house at 8 o’clock and got to work at 8:30. 我 8:00离开的家，8:30开始的工作。
234. Did you work all day? 你全天都在工作吗？
235. Yes, I worked from early morning until late at night. 是的，我从早上一直工作到深夜。
236. At noon I had lunch with a friend of mine. 中午，我和朋友去吃的午饭。
237. I finished working at 5:30 and went home. 我在5:30完成的工作然后回家了。
238. After dinner I read a magazine and made some telephone calls. 晚饭过后，我看了一期杂志然后打了几个电话。
239. I went to bed at 11:30 p. m. 我在晚上11:30上的床。
240. I went to sleep immediately and slept soundly all night. 我一会就入睡了，而且睡得很好。
241. Where did you go yesterday? 昨天你去哪了？
242. I went to see a friend of mine. 我去拜访了一位朋友。
243. Did you see Mr. Jones yesterday? 昨天你见过钟斯先生吗？
244. I didn’t see Mr. Jones, but I saw John . 我没见过，不过我见过约翰先生。
245. What did you talk about? 你们刚才在讲什么？
246. We talked about a lot of things. 我们刚才在说一些事情。
247. I asked him a lot of questions. 我问了他一些问题。
248. What did you ask him? 你问过他什么？
249. I asked him if he spoke English. 我问他是否会讲英语？
250. He said he spoke a little English. 他说他会讲一点。
251. Then I asked him if he knew anybody in New York . 接着我就问他是否认识在纽约的人？
252. He said he knew a lot of people there. 他说他认识很多那里的人。
253. Finally, I asked him how old he was. 最后我问他多大了？
254. He said he would rather not tell his age. 他说他不想提及他的年龄。
255. He answered almost all of my questions. 他几乎回答了我所有的问题。
256. What time did you use to get up last year? 去年你通常几点起床？
257. I used to wake up early and get up at 7 o’clock. 我过去常常醒得很早，在7:00左右起床。
258. I used to set my alarm clock for exactly 7 a. m. 我过去常常把我的闹钟定在上午7:00钟。
259. I never used to oversleep. 我从不睡懒觉。
260. I used to get dressed quickly every morning. 我通常穿衣服很快。
261. I always used to leave for work at 8:30. 我过去常常在8:30去工作。
262. I used to start working at 9:00 o’clock every day. 我过去常常在每天9:00开始工作。
263. I used to have lunch every day at the same time. 我过去常常在每天同一时间吃午餐。
264. I used to work until nearly 6:00 o’clock each day. 我过去常常工作到6:00左右。
265. I used to have dinner at 7:30 and go to bed early. 我过去常常在7:30吃晚饭，而且睡觉很早。
266. My brother and I used to go a lot of places together. 我和我哥哥过去常常一起去一些地方。
267. We used to go to the movies about once a week. 我们过去常常一周去看一次电影。
268. We used to have a lot of interesting friends. 我们过去有一些很有趣的朋友。
269. My brother used to speak French to me all the time. 我的哥哥过去总是给我讲法语。
270. I always used to ask him a lot of questions. 我过去常常问他一些问题。 271. Where do you live? 你住在哪里？
272. I live on Washington Street. 我在华盛顿街住。
273. What’s your address? 你的地址是什么？
274. I live at 1203 Washington Street. 我住在华盛顿街1203号。
275. I’m Mr. Smith’s next door neighbor. 我是史密斯先生的邻居。
276. You live here in the city, don’t you? 你住在这个城市，对吗？
277. I’m from out of town. 我来自城镇。
278. How long have you lived here? 你在这住了多久了？
279. I’ve lived here for five years. 我在这住了5年了。
280. He’s known me for over ten years. 我们相识十余年了。
281. I’ve spoken English all my life. 我终生讲英语。
282. I’ve already read that book. 我已经读完了那本书。
283. Has he studied French very long? 他学法语很长时间了吗？
284. Have you had breakfast already? 你吃过早饭了吗？
285. Yes, I had breakfast two hours ago. 是的，我在两小时前吃的早饭。
286. Where were you yesterday afternoon? 昨天下午你在哪？
287. I was at home all afternoon. 我整个下午都在家。
288. I was writing some letters to friends of mine. 我给我的朋友写了几封信。
289. What were you doing at about 4 o’clock yesterday afternoon? 昨天下午四点钟左右你在干什么？
290. I was listening to the radio. 我在听广播。
291. What were you doing when I called you on the telephone? 我给你打电话时, 你在干什么？
292. When you called me, I was eating dinner. 你给我打电话时, 我在吃晚饭。
293. When I saw Mr. Jones, he was talking with John Smith. 我看到钟斯先生时，他在和约翰史密斯讲话。
294. While you were writing letters, I was reading a book. 你写信时我在看书。
295. While we were having breakfast, John was talking on the telephone. 当我们吃早餐时，约翰在打电话。
296. Can you guess what I was doing this morning? 猜猜看我今天早上在干什么？
297. I can’t remember what John was doing yesterday afternoon. 我记不起昨天下午约翰在干什么了。
298. I’ve forgotten what he said his address was. 我把他所说的他家的地址给忘了。
299. I’ve forgotten what time he said he had dinner last night. 我忘记了他昨晚几点钟吃的晚饭了？
300. They called us just as we were having dinner. 他们叫我们时，我们在吃晚饭。
301. What color is your book? 你的书本是什么颜色的？
302. My book has a dark blue cover. 我的书本的封面是深蓝色的。
303. How much does that typewriter weigh? 那个打字机有多重？
304. It’s not too heavy, but I don’t know the exact weight. 它不是很重，但是我不知道它的精确重量。
305. This round table weighs about forty-five pounds. 这张圆桌子重45磅。
306. What size suitcase do you own? 你的小提箱是什么尺码的？
307. One of my suitcases is small, and the other one is medium size. 其中一个提箱是小号的，另一个是中号的。
308. I like the shape of that table. 我喜欢那张桌子的形状。
309. How long is Jones Boulevard Street? Jones Boulevard街有多长？
310. That street is only two miles long. 那条街只有两英里长。
311. Will you please measure this window to see how wide it is? 你能量量这个窗户，来确定它有多宽吗
312. This window is just as wide as that one. 这个窗户仅仅和那个一样宽。
313. The walls are three inches thick. 这些墙有三英尺厚。
314. This material feels soft. 这种材料摸上去很软。
315. This pencil is longer than that one. 这个铅笔比另一个长。
316. Would you please tell Mr. John that I’m here？ 你能告诉约翰先生我在这吗？
317. Take these books home with you tonight. 今晚请把这些书带回家。
318. Please bring me those magazines. 请把那些杂志给我带来。
319. Would you help me lift this heavy box? 你能帮我将这个重盒子抬起来吗？
320. Please ask John to turn on the lights. 请告诉约翰把灯打开。
321. Put your books down on the table. 将你的书放在桌子上。
322. Get me a hammer from the kitchen, will you? 从厨房里给我拿个锤子，好吗？
323. Hang up my coat in the closet , will you please? 能将我的大衣挂在壁橱里吗？
324. Please don’t bother me now. I’m very busy. 现在请别打搅我，我在忙。
325. Would you mind mailing this letter for me? 你介意帮我发这封邮件吗？
326. If you have time, will you call me tomorrow? 如果你有时间，明天给我打电话好吗？
327. Please pick up those cups and saucers. 请将那些茶杯和茶托整理好。
328. Will you do me a favor? 你能帮个忙吗？
329. Please count the chairs in that room. 请数一下那个房间里的椅子的数目。
330. Please pour this milk into that glass. 请将这些牛奶到进玻璃杯里。
331. Excuse me, sir. Can you give me some information? 先生，打搅一下，你能告诉我一些信息吗？
332. Can you tell me where Peach Street is? 你能告诉我Peach Street在哪吗？
333. It’s two blocks straight ahead. 向前一直走，过两个街区就到了。"
334. Which direction is it to the theatre? 去戏院应走哪个方向？
335. Turn right at the next corner。 在下个路口向右拐。
336. How far is it to the university? 到大学还有多远？
337. It’s a long way from here. 从这算起还有很长的一段路。
338. The school is just around the corner. 学校就在拐角处。
339. The restaurant is across the street from the hotel. 旅馆穿过街道。
340. You can’t miss it. 你不会错过的。
341. Do you happen to know Mr. Cooper’s telephone number? 你知道Cooper先生的电话号码吗？
342. Could you tell me where the nearest telephone is? 你能告诉我最近的电话在哪吗？
343. Should I go this way, or that way? 我应走这条路还是那条？
344. Go that way for two blocks, then turn left. 走那条路，穿过两个街区后向左拐。
345. I beg your pardon. Is this seat taken? 请问，这个座位有人坐了吗？
346. Are you married? 你结婚了吗？
347. No, I’m not married. I’m still single. 没有，我仍然单身。
348. Your niece is engaged, isn’t she? 你的侄女订婚了是吗？
349. My sister has been engaged for two months. 我妹妹订婚两个月了。
350. My grandfather got married in 1921. 我祖父1921年结地婚。
351. When is grandparents’ wedding anniversary? 什么时候是你祖父母的结婚纪念日？
352. How long have they been married? 他们结婚多久了？
353. They’ve been married for quite a few years. 他们结婚好些年了。
354. Who did George marry? 乔治和谁结婚了？
355. Do they have children? 你有孩子了吗？
356. They had a baby last month. 他们上个月有的孩子。
357. My son wants to get married in June. 我的儿子打算六月份结婚。
358. They don’t know when the wedding will be. 他们不知道什么时候举行婚礼。
359. Their grandchildren are grown up now. 他们的孙子长大了。
360. She’s a widow. Her husband died last year. 她是个寡妇，他丈夫死于去年。
361. Where did you grow up? 你在哪长大？
362. I grew up right here in this neighborhood. 我就在这临近长大。
363. My friend spent his childhood in California . 我的朋友童年在加利福尼亚度过。
364. He lived in California until he was seventeen. 他十七岁以前都在加利福尼亚居住。
365. There have been a lot of changes here in the last 20 years. 在过去的二十年间, 这里发生了很多的变化。
366. There used to be a grocery store on the corner. 以前拐角处有一个杂货店。
367. All of those houses have been built in the last ten years. 所有的房子都是在最近十年里建成的。
368. They’re building a new house up the street . 这个街上正在建一个新房子。
369. If you buy that home, will you spend the rest of your life there? 如果你买了那间房，你会在那度过你的余生吗？
370. Are your neighbors very friendly? 你的邻居们友好吗？
371. We all know each other pretty well. 我们彼此之间有很深的了解。
372. A young married couple moved in next door to us. 一对新婚夫妇搬进了我们隔壁。
373. Who bought that new house down the street from you? 谁买了你们街上那头的新房？
374. An old man rented the big white house. 一个老人租了那个大的白房子。
375. What beautiful trees those are! 多漂亮的树呀！
376. What time are you going to get up tomorrow morning? 明天早上你打算几点起床？
377. I’ll probably wake up early and get up at 6:30. 我可能会起的比较早，大约在6:30起床。
378. What will you do then? 然后你做些什么呢？
379. After I get dressed, I’ll have breakfast. 穿上衣服后我将吃早饭。
380. What will you have for breakfast tomorrow morning? 明天的早餐你吃什么呢？
381. I’ll probably have eggs and toast for breakfast. 早餐我可能会吃土司面包和鸡蛋。
382. After breakfast, I’ll get ready to go to work. 吃完早餐后我会准备一下去上班。
383. I’ll leave the house at 8:00 and get to the office at 8:30. 我将会在8:00离开房间然后在8:30到达办公室。
384. I’ll probably go out for lunch at about 12:30. 我将会在12:30去吃午饭。
385. I’ll finish working at 5:30 and get home by 6 o’clock. 我将在5:30完成工作然后在6:00前到家。
386. Are you going to have dinner at home tomorrow night? 明天晚上你会在家吃晚餐吗？
387. Do you think you’ll go to the movies tomorrow night? 明天晚上你会去看电影吗？
388. I’ll probably stay home and watch television. 我可能呆在家看电视。
389. When I get sleepy, I’ll probably get ready for bed. 当我感到困的时候，我就准备上床睡觉。
390. Do you think you’ll be able to go to sleep right away? 你现在能去睡觉吗？
391. How is the weather today? 今天的天气怎样？
392. The weather is nice today. 今天天气很好。
393. What was the weather like yesterday? 昨天天气怎样？
394. Yesterday it rained all day. 昨天下了一天的雨。
395. What will the weather be like tomorrow? 明天天气怎样？
396. It’s going to snow tomorrow. 明天有雪。
397. It’s quite cold today. 今天真冷。
398. It’s been cloudy all morning. 整个早上都多云。
399. Is it raining now? 现在在下雨吗？
400. It’ll probably clear up this afternoon. 今天下午可能会晴天。
401. The days are getting hotter. 天气在转暖。
402. Today is the first day of spring. 今天是春天的第一天。
403. What’s the temperature today? 今天的气温是多少？
404. It’s about seventy degrees Fahrenheit this afternoon. 今天下午华氏温度70度。
405. There’s a cool breeze this evening. 今晚有股冷风。
406. How are you feeling today? 今天感觉怎样？
407. I don’t feel very well this morning. 今天早上我感觉并不好。
408. I was sick yesterday, but I’m better today. 昨天我病了，不过今天好了。
409. My fever is gone, but I still have a cough. 我已经不发烧了，不过仍咳嗽。
410. My brother has a bad headache. 我哥哥很头痛。
411. Which of your arms is sore? 你的哪个胳膊痛？
412. My right arm hurts. It hurts right here. 我的右胳膊受伤了。它就伤在这儿。
413. What’s matter with you? 你怎么了？
414. I’ve got a pain in my back. 我背痛。
415. Which foot hurts?Is it the left one? 哪个脚受伤了？是不是左边的脚？
416. How did you break your leg? 你怎样弄伤的脚？
417. I slipped on the stairs and fell down. I broke my leg. 我在楼梯上滑了一下摔倒了，就弄伤了我的脚。
418. Your right hand is swollen. Does it hurt? 你的右手肿了。是不是受伤了？
419. It’s bleeding. You’d better go see a doctor about that cut. 你的伤口在流血，你最好去医生那看看。
420. I hope you’ll be well soon. 希望你快些好。
421. I get out of bed about 7 oclock every morning. 每天早上我7:00起床。
422. After getting up, I go into the bathroom and take a shower. 起来以后我会进浴室冲个澡。
423. Then, I brush my teeth and comb my hair. 然后我刷牙梳头。
424. After brushing my teeth, I put on my clothes. 我刷完牙后穿衣。
425. After that, I go downstairs to the kitchen to have breakfast. 然后，我下楼到厨房去吃早饭。
426. After eating breakfast, I go back upstairs again. 吃完早饭后，我再上楼。
427. Then, it’s usually time to wake up my little brother. 这时通常到了我叫醒我小弟弟的时间了。
428. He can’t dress himself yet because he’s too young. 因为他太小，他还不会自己穿衣。
429. I wash his face and hands, and then I dress him. 我给他洗脸洗手，然后给他穿衣。
430. He tries to button his own shirt, but he can’t do it. 他试着自己系纽扣，但总是失败。
431. My little brother takes a bath before he goes to bed at night. 我的弟弟在晚上上床之前通常洗个澡。
432. He always forgets to wash behind his ears. 他总是忘记洗耳朵的后面。
433. I’m always tired when I come home from work. 下班以后我通常很累。
434. At bedtime, I take off my clothes and put on my pajamas. 晚上我脱掉我的衣服，换上睡衣。
435. I get into bed at about 11:30 and go right off to sleep. 我11:30上床睡觉，一会就会入睡。
436. What do you think?Is that right? 你认为怎样？是否正确？
437. Cetainly. You’re absolutely right about that. 当然，你完全正确。
438. I think you’re mistaken about that. 我觉得你是错误的。
439. I like hot weather best. 我最喜欢热天气。
440. Personally, I prefer winter weather. 就我个人而言，我比较喜欢冬天的天气。
441. Do you think it’s going to rain tomorrow? 你认为明天会下雨吗？
442. I don’t know whether it will rain or not. 我不知道明天会不会下雨。
443. In my opinion, that’s an excellent idea. 我认为这是个好主意。
444. Why Mr. Cooper so tired?Do you have any idea? 为什么Cooper先生这么累？你知道吗？
445. He’s tired because he worked hard all day today. 因为他工作了一整天，所以很累。
446. What do you think of my children? 你觉得我的孩子怎样？
447. I think you have very attractive children. 我觉得你有很讨人喜欢的小孩儿。
448. Please give me your frank opinion. 请告诉我你真实的想法。
449. Do you really want to know what I think? 你真想知道我在想什么吗？
450. Of course I want to know what your opinion is. 当然，我很想知道你的观点。
451. What do you plan to do tomorrow? 明天你打算干什么？
452. I doubt that I’ll do anything tomorrow. 明天恐怕我什么也不做。
453. Please excuse me for a little while. I want to do something. 对不起，稍等会儿，我要办点事。
454. I imagine I’ll do some work instead of going to the movies. 我想干点事，不去看电影。
455. Will it be convenient for you to explain your plans to him? 你把你的计划向他讲一下，方便吗?
456. There’s nothing to do because tomorrow is a holliday. 明天没事做的，因为明天是周末。
457. What’s your brother planning to do tomorrow? 你哥哥明天计划去哪儿？
458. He can’t decide what to do. 他无法决定该做什么。
459. It’s difficult to make a decision without knowing all the facts. 不知道全部事实而去作决定是困难的。
460. We’re trying to plan our future. 我们在努力计划我们的未来。
461. That’s a good idea. 好想法。
462. I’m hoping to spend a few days in the mountains. 我希望在山上消磨几天。
463. Would you consider going north this summer? 你考虑今年夏天去北方吗？
464. If there’s a chance you’ll go, I’d like to go with you. 如果你有机会去的话，我想和你一起去。
465. After you think it over, please let me know what you decide. 在你仔细考虑之后，请让我知道你决定怎么做。 466. I’m anxious to know what your decision is.
467. I’m confident you’ve made the right choice.
468. I want to persuade you to change your mind.
469. Will you accept my advice? 你会接受我的建议吗？
470. What have you decided? 你决定了什么？
471. I’ve definitely decided to go to California.
472. He didn’t want to say anything to influence my decision.
473. She refuses to make up her mind. 她拒绝下决心。
474. I assume you’ve decided against buying a new car.
475. It took him a long time to make up his mind.
476. You can go whenever you wish. 你可以去你想去的地方。
477. We’re willing to accept your plan. 我们打算接受你的计划。
478. He knows it’s inconvenient , but he wants to go anyway.
479. According to Mr. Green, this is a complicated problem.
480. She insists that it doesn’t make any difference to her.
481. Are you going to go any place this year?
482. If I have enough money, I’m going to take a trip abroad.
483. How are you going?Are you going by boat?
484. It’s faster to go by plane than by boat. 坐飞机比坐船快。
485. What’s the quickest way to get there?
486. Altogether it will take ten days to make the trip.
487. I hope you have a good time on your trip. 祝你旅途愉快。
488. I’m leaving tomorrow, but I haven’t packed my suitcases yet.
489. I’m going by air. I like flying. 我打算坐飞机去，我喜欢乘飞机。
490. My brother took a trip to Mexico. 我哥哥去了莫斯科旅行。
491. It was a six-hour flight. 这是6小时的航程。
492. How many passengers were on the train? 火车上有多少乘客？
493. His friend was injured in an airplane crash.
494. Would you like to go for a walk? 你喜欢去散散步吗？
495. Let’s go out to the airport. The plane landed ten minutes ago.
496. I’m going shopping because I need to buy some clothes.
497. If this shirt doesn’t fit, may I bring it back later?
498. What size shoes do you wear?你穿多大号的鞋？
499. That suit looks very good on you. 你穿这个外套很合身。
500. This dress is made of silk, isn’t it?
501. I’d like to try on this sweater. 我很想试一下这件毛衣。
502. I’m interested in buying a new car. 我很想买辆新车。
503. What’s the price of that electric iron?那个熨斗多少钱？
504. How much is this rug?这个地毯多少钱？
505. Is this toothpaste on sale today?今天有牙膏卖吗？
506. That’s a beautiful leather wallet, but it costs too much.
507. How much do I owe you?我欠你多少钱？
508. That will be eighteen dollars and seventy-five cents.
509. Do you have change for a twenty-dollar bill?
510. The clerk helped me find what I wanted.
511. What would you like to eat? 你想吃什么？
512. I’d like a bowl of tamoto soup, please.
513. The waiter seems to be in a hurry to take our order.
514. Which would you rather have--steak or fish?
515. I want my steak well-done. 我想要全熟的牛排。
516. What kinds of vegetables do you have? 你想要哪种蔬菜？
517. I’ll have mashed potatoes . 我想要些土豆泥。
518. Would you please pass the salt? 你能把盐递过来吗？
519. They serve good food in this restaurant.
520. Are you ready for your dessert now? 你准备好吃点心了吗？
521. This knife is dirty. Would you bring me a clean one, please?
522. May I check, please? 我能检查一下吗？
523. You have your choice of three flavors of ice cream.
524. We have vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.
525. We invited two guests to dinner, but they didn’t come.
526. How long did the movie last?
527. The feature started at 9 o’clock and ended at 11:30.
528. They say the new film is an adventure story.
529. A group of us went out to the theater last night.
530. The new play was good and everybody enjoyed it.
531. By the time we got there, the play had already begun.
532. The usher showed us to our seats.
533. The cast of the play included a famous actor.
534. After the play was over, we all wanted to get something to eat.
535. There was a big crowd and we had difficulty getting a taxi.
536. The restaurant was filled, so we decided to go elsewhere.
537. My brother wants to learn how to dance. 我弟弟想学跳舞。
538. We don’t go dancing very often. 我们不经常去跳舞。
539. Which would you rather do--go dancing or go to cinema?
540. I’m not accustomed to going out after dark. 我不习惯晚上出去。
541. I’d like to make an appointment to see Mr. Cooper.
542. Would you like to arrange for a personal interview?
543. Your appointment will be next Thursday at 10 o’clock.
544. I can come any day except Thursday. 我除了星期四每天都能来。
545. He wants to change his appointment from Monday to Wednesday.
546. She failed to call the office to cancel her appointment.
547. I’m going to call the employment agency for a job.
548. Please fill in this application form. 请填写这张申请表。
549. Are you looking for a permanent position?
550. I’m going to call a plumber to come this afternoon.
551. I couldn’t keep the appointment because I was sick.
552. I’m a new employee. I was hired yesterday.
553. Please call before you come, otherwise we might not be home.
554. Let’s make a date to go shopping next Thursday.
555. Will you please lock the door when you leave?
556. I went to see my doctor for a check-up yesterday.
557. The doctor discovered that I’m a little overweight.
558. He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure.
559. He told me to take these pills every four hours.
560. Do you think the patient can be cured?
561. They operated on him last night. 昨天晚上他们给他做了手术。
562. He needed a blood transfusion. 他需要输血。
563. My uncle had a heart attack last year.
564. They had to call in a heart specialist.
565. What did the doctor say? 医生说什么？
566. The doctor advised me to get plenty of exercise.
567. The doctor said I look pale.
568. If I want to be healthy, I have to stop smoking cigarettes.
569. The physician said smoking is harmful to my health.
570. It’s just a mosquito bite. There’s nothing to worry about.
571. You’re wanted on the telephone. 有你的电话。
572. What number should I dial to get the operator?
573. I want to make a long distance call. 我想打个长途。
574. Pick up the receiver and deposit a coin in the slot.
575. I tried to call Mr. Cooper, but the line was busy.
576. You must have dialed the wrong number. 你一定打错电话了。
577. I dialed the right number, but nobody answered.
578. The telephone is ringing, would you answer it, please?
579. Would you like to leave a message? 你想留下什么口信儿吗？
580. Who is this?I don’t recognize your voice.
581. Would you please tell Mr. Cooper I called?
582. Is this Empire 5-4093? 是帝国5-4093吗？
583. I have to hang up now. 现在我不得不挂断电话。
584. Put the receiver closer to your mouth. I can’t hear you.
585. Would you mind calling back sometime tomorrow?
586. How long has it been since you’ve heard from your uncle?
587. When was the last time he wrote you ?
588. I can’t recall how long it’s been.
589. I’m always disappointed when I don’t get any mail.
590. I feel guilty because I haven’t written her lately.
591. What time is the mail delivered on Saturday?
592. The postman always comes at 2 oclock. 邮递员通常在两点来。
593. I wrote to my uncle last night. I couldnt put it off any longer.
594. I enclosed some photographs in my letter. 我在信里加了几张照片。
595. I didn’t know whether to send the letter airmail or not.
596. How long does it take for a letter to get to California ?
597. Don’t forget to put stamps on the letter before you mail it.
598. He went to the post office to mail a letter. 他去邮局邮信了。
599. I dropped the letter in the mailbox on the corner.
600. How did you sign the letter? Did you write, “sincerely yours”?
你怎样在信上填写，是601. A strange thing happened to me this morning.
601. A strange thing happened to me this morning.
602. I was crossing the street and was almost hit by a car.
603. Fortunately, I jumped back in time to avoid being hit.
604. It was a terrible experience, and I won’t forget it.
605. Yesterday was such a beautiful day we decided to go for a drive.
606. We prepared a picnic lunch and drove down by the river.
607. After a while, we found a shady place under some poplar trees.
608. On the way back home, we were tired. 回来的路上，我们都很累了。
609. It was after dark when we got back, and we were all tired.
610. I wish you would give me a more detailed description of your trip.
611. Speaking of trips, did I ever tell you about the experience I had?
612. We used to have a lot of fun when we were that age.
613. I can’t recall the exact circumstances.
614. I never realized that someday I would be living in New York.
615. We never imagined that John would become a doctor.
616. We’re looking for a house to rent for the summer.
617. Are you trying to find a furnished house?
618. This split-level house is for rent. It’s a bargain.
619. That house is for sale. It has central heating.
620. We have a few kitchen things and a dining room set.
621. This is an interesting floor plan. Please show me the basement.
622. The roof has leaks in it, and the front steps need to be fixed.
623. We’ve got to get a bed and a dresser for the bedroom.
624. Does the back door have a lock on it?
625. They’ve already turned on the electricity. The house is ready.
626. I’m worried about the appearance of the floor.
627. If you want a towel, look in the linen closet.
628. What style furniture do you have ? Is it traditional?
629. We have drapes for the living room, but we need kitchen curtains.
630. The house needs painting. It’s in bad condition.
631. What do you going to wear today? 今天你想穿什么？
632. I’m going to wear my blue suit. Is that all right?
633. I have two suits to send to the cleaners.
634. I have some shirts to send to the laundry.
635. You ought to have that coat cleaned .
636. I’ve got to get this shirt washed and ironed.
637. All my suits are dirty. I don’t have anything to wear.
638. You’d better wear a light jacket. It’s chilly today.
639. This dress doesn’t fit me anymore.
640. I guess I’ve outgrown this pair of trousers.
641. These shoes are worn-out. They’ve lasted a long time.
642. I can’t fasten this collar button. 我系不上这个领子扣。
643. Why don’t you get dressed now? Put on your work clothes.
644. My brother came in, changed his clothes, and went out again.
645. I didn’t notice you were wearing your new hat.
646. You have your point of view, and I have mine.
647. You approach it in a different way than I do.
648. I won’t argue with you, but I think you’re being unfair.
649. That’s a liberal point of view. 这是一个自由的见解。
650. He seems to have a lot of strange ideas.
651. I don’t see any point in discussing the question any further.
652. What alternatives do I have? 我还有什么方法？
653. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
654. There are always two sides to everything.
655. We have opposite views on this.
656. Please forgive me. I didn’t mean to start an argument.
657. I must know your opinion. Do you agree with me?
658. What point are you trying to make?
659. Our views are not so far apart, after all.
660. We should be able to resolve our differences.
661. If it doesn’t rain tomorrow, I think I’ll go shopping.
662. There’s a possibility we’ll go, but it all depends on the weather.
663. If I have time tomorrow, I think I’ll get a haircut.
664. I hope I remember to ask the barber not to cut my hair too short.
665. My son wants to be a policeman when he grows up.
666. If I get my work finished in time, I’ll leave for New York Monday.
667. Suppose you couldn’t go on the trip. How would you feel?
668. What would you say if I told you I couldn’t go with you?
669. If I buy the car, I’ll have to borrow some money.
670. If I went with you, I’d have to be back by six o’clock.
671. One of these days, I’d like to take a vacation.
672. As soon as I can, I’m going to change jobs.
673. There’s a chance he won’t be able to be home for Christmas.
674. We may be able to help you in some way.
675. If you were to attend the banquet , what would you wear?
676. What would you have done last night if you hadn’t had to study?
677. I would have gone on the picnic if it hadn’t rained.
678. If you had gotten up earlier, you would have had time for breakfast.
679. If I had had time, I would have called you.
680. Would he have seen you if you hadn’t waved to him?
681. If he had only had enough money, he would have bought that house.
682. I wish you had called me back the next day, as I had asked you to.
683. If you hadn’t slipped and fallen, you wouldn’t have broken your leg.
684. If I have known you want to go, I would have called you.
685. Had I known you didnt have got the key, I wouldnt have locked the door.
686. She would have gone with me, but she didnt have time.
687. If I had asked directions, I havent got lost.
688. Even if we could have taken the vocation, but we mightnt have wanted to.
689. Evenything would be alright, if you had said that.
690. Looking back on it, I wish we hadnt been given in so easily.
691. What is it you don’t like about winter weather?
692. I don’t like it when the weather gets real cold.
693. I can’t stand summer weather. 我不能忍受夏天的天气.
694. The thing I don’t like about driving is all the traffic on the road.
695. He doesn’t like the idea of going to bed early.
696. I like to play tennis, but I’m not a very good player.
697. I don’t like spinach even though I know it’s good for me.
698. I’m afraid you’re being too particular about your food.
699. He always finds fault with everything.
700. She doesn’t like anything I do or say.
701. You have wonderful taste in clothes. 你对服饰很在行.
702. What’s your favorite pastime? 你最喜欢的娱乐方式是什么?
703. What did you like best about the movie?
704. I didn’t like the taste of the medicine, but I took it anyway.
705. Why do you dislike the medicine so much? 为什么你这么不喜欢药?
706. If you want my advice, I don’t think you should go.
707. I suggest that you tear up the letter and start over again.
708. It’s only a suggestion, and you can do what you please.
709. Let me give you a little fatherly advice. 让我给你个建议.
710. If you don’t like it, I wish you would say so.
711. Please don’t take offense. I only wanted to tell you what I think.
712. In my opinion, the house isn’t worth the price they’re asking.
713. My feeling is that you ought to stay home tonight.
714. It’s none of my business, but I think you ought to work harder.
715. In general, my reaction is favorable.
716. If you don’t take my advice, you’ll be sorry.
717. I’ve always tried not to interfere in your affairs.
718. I’m old enough to make up my own mind.
719. Thanks for the advice, but this is something I have to figure out myself.
720. He won’t pay attention to anybody. You’re just wasting your breath.
721. Would you please hold the door open for me?
722. Youre very kind to take the trouble to help me.
723. I wish I could repay you somehow for your kindness.
724. Im afraid it was a bother for you to do this.
725. It wasnt any bother. I was glad to do it.
726. Theres just one last favor I need to ask of you.
727. Id be happy to help you in any way I can.
728. Would you mind giving me a push? My car has stalled.
729. Would you be so kind as to open this window for me? Its stuffy.
730. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
731. This is the last time Ill ever ask you to do anything for me.
732. I certainly didnt intend to cause you so much inconvenience.
733. He’ll always be indebted to you for what youve done.
734. Could you lend me ten dollars? I left my wallet at home.
735. Id appreciate it if you would turn out the lights. Im sleepy.
如果你能将灯关掉的话, 我将不胜感激. 我很困.
736. I didn’t realize the time had passed so quickly.
737. I’ve got a lot of things to do before I can leave.
738. For one thing, I’ve got to drop by the bank to get some money.
739. It’ll take almost all my savings to buy the ticket.
740. Oh, I just remembered something! I have to apply for a passport.
741. I almost forgot to have the phone disconnected.
742. It’s a good thing you reminded me to take my heavy coat.
743. I never would have thought of it if you hadn’t mentioned it.
744. I’ll see you off at the airport. 我会去机场送你.
745. They’re calling your flight now. You barely have time to make it.
746. You’d better run or you’re going to be left behind.
747. Don’t forget to cable to let us know you arrived safely.
748. I’m sure I’ve forgotten something, but it’s too late now.
749. Do you have anything to declare for customs?
750. You don’t have to pay any duty on personal belongings.
751. What’s your nationality? Are you American?
752. What part of the world do you come from?
753. I’m an American by birth.
754. I was born in Spain, but I’m a citizen of France.
755. Do you know what the population of Japan is?
756. What’s the area of the Congo in square miles?
757. Who is the governor of this state?
758. According to the latest census, our population has increased.
759. Politically, the country is divided into fifty states.
760. The industrial area is centered largely in the north.
761. The country is rich in natural resources. It has mineral deposits.
762. This nation is noted for its economic stability.
763. How old do you have to be to vote in the national elections?
764. Today we celebrate our day of independence. It’s a national holiday.
765. My home is in the capital. It’s a cosmopolitan city.
766. Geographically, this country is located in the southern hemisphere.
767. It’s a beautiful country with many large lakes.
768. This part of the country is very mountainous.
769. The land in this region is dry and parched.
770. Along the northern coast there are many high cliffs.
771. There are forests here, and lumbering is important.
772. The scenery is beautiful near the Pacific Ocean.
773. This mountain range has many high peaks and deep canyons.
774. what kind of climate do you haved?Is it mild?
775. How far is it from the shore of the Atlantic to the mountains?
776. Is the coastal plain good for farming?
777. What’s the longest river in the United States?
778. Are most of the lakes located in the north central region?
779. As you travel westward, does the land get higher?
780. The weather is warm and sunny here. Do you get much rain?
这里天气781. Children enter school at the age of five, don’t they?
782. In elementary school, the child learns to read and write.
783. In secondary school, children get more advanced knowledge.
784. In universities, students train to become teachers and engineers.
785. He went to grade school in New york and high school in Cicargo.
786. In college I majored in science. What was your major?
787. My sister graduated from high school. Graduation was last night.
788. I’m a graduate of Yale University. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree.
789. If you expect to enter the university, you should apply now.
790. This is my first year of college. I’m a freshman.
791. My uncle is a high school principal. 我的叔叔是一名中学校长.
792. What kind of grades did you make in college? 你在大学中成绩如何?
793. During your first year of college, did you make straight As?
794. My brother is a member of the faculty. He teaches economics.
795. John has extracurricular activities. He’s on the football team.
796. I’m a federal employee. I work for the Department of Labor.
797. What kind of work do you do? Are you a saleman?
798. As soon as I complete my training, I’m going to be a bank teller.
799. John has built up his own business. He owns a hotel.
800. What do you want to be when you grow up? 你长大后想做什么?
801. I like painting, but I wouldn’t want it to be my life’s work.
802. Have you ever thought about a career in the medical profession?
803. My uncle was a pilot with the airlines. He just retired.
804. My brother’s in the army. He was just promoted to the rank of major.
805. I have a good-paying job with excellent hours.
806. My sister worked as a secretary before she got married.
807. George’s father is an attorney. He has his own company.
808. He always takes pride in his work. He’s very efficient.
809. Mr. Smith is a politician. He’s running for election as governor.
810. After a successful career in business, he was appointed ambassador.
811. Because of the warm and sunny weather, oranges grow very well here.
因为这里气候温暖, 光照充足, 橘子在这长势很好.
812. In this flat country people grow wheat and corn and raise cattle.
在这个平坦的国家, 人们种植小麦, 棉花, 饲养牲畜.
813. The ground around here is stony and not very good for farming.
814. What are the principal farm products in this region?
815. Milk, butter, and cheese are shipped here from the dairy farms.
牛奶, 黄油, 奶酪都从制酪场运到这里.
816. They had to cut down a lot of trees to make room for farms.
817. At this time of the year farmers plow their fields.
818. On many farms you’ll find cows and chickens.
819. If you have cows you have to get up early to do the milking.
820. Tractors have revolutionized farming. 拖拉机革新了农业方法.
821. In the United States, there are many factories for making cloth.
822. Factories employ both male and female workers.
823. If you work in a factory, you usually have to punch a clock.
824. Is meat packing a big industry in your country?
825. Is it true that manufacturing of automobiles is a major industry?
826. My hobby is collecting stamps. Do you have a hobby?
827. I’ve always thought photography would be an interesting hobby.
828. Some people like horseback riding, but I prefer golfing as a hobby.
829. Do you have any special interests other than your job?
830. Learning foreign languages is just an avocation with me.
831. I find stamp collecting relaxing and it takes my mind off my work.
832. On weekends I like to get my mind off my work by reading good books.
833. My cousin is a member of a drama club. He seems to enjoy acting.
834. He plays the piano for his own enjoyment. 他因为兴趣而弹钢琴.
835. I’ve gotten interested in hi-fi. I’m building my own equipment.
836. He’s not a professional. He plays the piano for the fun of it.
837. I’ve heard of unusual hobbies, but I’ve never heard of that one.
838. The trouble with photography is that it’s an expensive hobby.
839. That’s rare set of coins. How long did it take you to collect them?
840. I started a new hobby. I got tired of working in the garden.
我尝试着一种新的爱好841. Baseball is my favorite sport. What’s your favorite?
842. My nephew is a baseball player. He is a catcher.
843. When you played football, what position did you play?
844. We played a game last night. The score was tired six-to-six.
845. I went to a boxing match last night. It was a good fight.
846. When I was on the track team, I used to run the quarter mile.
847. I like fishing and hunting, but I don’t like swimming.
848. My favorite winter sport is skiing. I belong to a ski club.
849. Would you be interested in going to the horse races this afternoon?
850. The hardest thing to learn is to be a good loser.
851. Be a good sport. Play according to the rules of the game.
852. Our family went camping last summer. We had to buy a new tent.
853. This afternoon we went to the gym for a workout. We lifted weights.
854. What do you do for recreation? Do you have a hobby?
855. My muscles are sore from playing baseball.
856. I sent in a subscription to that magazine. It’s put out every week.
857. If you subscribe to the newspaper, it’ll be delivered to your door.
858. I didn’t read the whole paper. I just glanced at the headlines.
859. The first chapter of the story is in this issue of the magazine.
860. I haven’t seen the latest issue of the magazine. Is it out yet?
861. What’s the total circulation of this newspaper? 报纸的总发行量怎样?
862. I’m looking for the classified section. Have you seen it?
863. My brother-in-law is a reporter on The New York Times staff.
864. There was an article in today’s paper about the election.
865. There wasn’t much news in the paper today.
866. How long have you been taking this magazine?
867. Did you read the article about the rescue of the two fishermen?
868. Why don’t you put an advertisement in the paper to sell your car?
869. I got four replies to my ad about the bicycle for sale.
870. My son has a newpaper route. He delivers the morning paper.
871. What channel did you watch on television last night?
872. I don’t get a good picture on my TV set. There’s something wrong.
873. You get good reception on your radio. 你的收音机接收情况很好.
874. Please turn the radio up. It’s too low.
875. What’s on following the news and weather?Do you have a TV guide?
876. You ought to have Bill look at your TV. Maybe he could fix it.
877. We met one of the engineers over at the television station.
878. Where can I plug in the TV? Is this outlet all right?
879. I couldn’t hear the program because there was too much static.
880. Your car radio works very well. What kind is it?
881. The next time I buy a TV set, I’m going to buy a portable model.
882. I wonder if this is a local broadcast. 我不知道这是不是本地广播.
883. You’d get better TV reception if you had an outside antenna.
884. Most amateur radio operators build their own equipment.
885. Station WRC is off the air now. They signed off two hours ago.
886. What’s your favorite kind of music? Do you like jazz?
887. He’s a composer of serious music. I like his music a lot.
888. We went to a concert last night to hear the symphony orchestra.
889. My brother took lessons on the trumpet for nearly ten years.
890. You play the piano beautifully. How much do you practice every day?
891. I’ve never heard that piece before. Who wrote it?
892. Have you ever thought about becoming a professional musician?
893. Who is the author of this novel? 这个小说的作者是谁?
894. I’ve never read a more stirring story.
895. Who would you name as the greatest poet of our time?
896. This poetry is realistic. I don’t care for it very much.
897. Many great writers were not appreciated fully while they were alive.
898. This is a poem about frontier life in the United States.
899. This writer uses vivid descriptions in his writings.
900. How much do you know about the works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow?
你对Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 的作品了解多少?