Oracle 10.2.0.5之后已经不再支持IBM Power linux，Oracle10.2.0.5之后安腾平台只支持HP-UX，Oracle10.2.0.5之后不再支持除HP之外的其他安腾平台。
Oracle will not be releasing Oracle Database 11g on IBM Linux on Power systems. Customers can continue to run the terminal patch set of Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.5) on IBM Linux on Power systems for as long as they want with support options to meet both their current and future needs.
1. What is the Support plan for Oracle Database products on IBM Linux on Power systems?
Oracle will not be releasing Oracle Database 11g (including client) on IBM Linux on Power systems. Customers can continue to run the final patchset for Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.5). Please refer to Release Schedule of Current Database Releases (Doc ID 742060.1) for more information.
- Extended Support (which starts after Premium Support ends) will be offered until July 31, 2013.
- Full technical support including Critical Patch Updates (CPUs) and Patch Set Updates (PSUs)
- The fee for Extended Support will be waived until July 31, 2013.
- Limited Extended Support will be offered from August 1, 2013 to July 31, 2015.
- Only Priority 1 bugs will be addressed during this period.
- No Critical Patch Updates (CPUs) or Patch Set Updates (PSUs) will be made available during this period.
- Extended Support fees will apply (currently = standard support fee + 20%)
For further details see Oracle's Lifetime Support Policy.
2. Will Oracle Database customers be forced to move off IBM Linux on Power systems?
No! The Oracle Database on IBM Linux on Power systems is supported under Oracle's Lifetime Support Policy. This means you will be able to receive Oracle's support as long as you have paid for support.
Over time, per Oracle's Lifetime Support Policy, products move from Premium to Extended to Sustaining Support. However, for IBM Linux on Power systems, Oracle is making an exception to its Extended Support policy by waiving the fee for Extended Support through July 2013 and will provide additional Limited Extended Support through July 2015. Extended Support service fees will apply during this additional period. After that period customers on this platform may choose Sustaining Support which is available indefinitely.
3. Will fixes, security alerts, Critical Patch Updates, and Patch Set Updates continue to be available for all supported releases?
YES. Fixes, security alerts, Critical Patch Updates, and Patch Set Updates will continue to be provided through Premier and Extended Support for Oracle Database 10g Release 2 on IBM Linux on Power systems.
4. Will an Oracle client running on IBM Linux on Power systems interoperate with later versions (beyond 10.2) of the Database running on other platforms?
Yes, per Oracle's policy regarding dissimilar client/server versions of the Database as explained in Client / Server / Interoperability Support Between Different Oracle Versions (Doc ID 207303.1).
5. Will there be an additional fee for Extended Support?
The Extended Support service fee is being waived for Oracle Database 10g Release 2 customers on IBM Linux on Power through July 2013. From August 2013 through July 2015 the standard fee for Extended Support will apply for each year customers wish to take advantage of the Limited Extended Support offered.
6. What level of support will customers get through this period on IBM Linux on Power systems, and how quickly will patches, bug fixes, and Service Requests be handled?
Customers will receive the same level of support that they had previously. There is no change in the delivery time for any services. Bug fixes and Service Requests are prioritized by severity level, not by platform.