课程学习--英语口语--第1讲--英文演讲--马云在香港大学毕业致谢词

马云在香港大学的演讲

Past Congregations -- Jack MA Yun

致谢词--马云

 

Distinguished and honourable Chancellor, distinguished Pro-Chancellor, Members

尊敬的校监、尊敬的副校监、校委会的主席、成员

 

and Chairman of the Council, Acting President and Vice-Chancellor, ladies and gentlemen, friends, students and alumnus,

和署理校长、女士们先生们、朋友们、学生们、各位校友,

 

Good afternoon, I'm extremely honoured and moved and touched by this great marvellous splendidly traditional ceremony,

大家好!我感到非常荣幸,并且非常感动,这是个古老、隆重、辉煌的仪式。

 

and thank you very much for Hong Kong University giving me this great trust and honour.

感谢港大给我的荣誉和信任。

 

You know I've been trying to enter university for many times and I failed three times until I went to university.

我高考失败了三次才考进大学,

 

I never thought in my dreams to become a PhD (and) of Honour. 

做梦也没想到有一天可以成为博士。

 

But I did work very hard, I just failed examinations again and again. 

但是我的确很努力,尽管我不停地考试失败。

 

And my story tells that those people (that) work very hard

所以,我的故事告诉那些非常努力,

 

but failed again and again: don't give up. 

但一次又一次失败的人:没关係,别放弃,

 

Someday, a great university like Hong Kong University is waiting for you.

总有一天,一所像香港大学这样的好学校等着你。

 

And Professor Tang and Dr David Mong, I'm very honoured to be with you,

邓青云教授和蒙德扬博士,我很荣幸能和你们在一起,

 

and thank you very much for giving me this opportunity to speak on behalf of you.

非常感谢让我代表你们发言。

 

And I also would love to thank Professor Charles [Schencking], for these great words for me and for our people. 

我还想感谢史乐文教授(Professor Charles Schencking)用心写的讚词。

 

And I think( I was), when I was listening there, I was not that good, and I think I got this honour, not because I'm qualified -

刚才在听的时候,我觉得我应该没有那麽好,我得到这个荣誉不是因为我够资格 -

 

(But)I will work hard to prove I will be qualified, one day.

(但)我会努力工作来证明有朝一日我将符合标准。

 

And this PhD degree, I don't think it's (a it`s only)an (the) acknowledgement of me,

香港大学颁发的名誉社会科学博士,不仅仅是对我的认可,

 

but it's a recognition of entrepreneurships, of the spirit ‘never give up'.

更是对创业精神,永不放弃的认可。

 

I think entrepreneurs are the scientists in the social science.

我认为企业家是社会经济中的科学家。

 

Scientists and entrepreneurs, we have a lot of similarities.

企业家和科学家有许多相似之处,

 

We all take risks. We all want innovation. 

我们都需要承担风险,我们都需要创新。

 

And scientists know how to do things proper(ly), and business people know how to do things effectively and efficiently.

科学家知道如何正确地做事,企业家懂得有效率地做事。

 

For most people, seeing is believing. 

对大部分人来说,是因为看见,然后相信。

 

People like us, we believe, and then we will see. 

但像我们,则是因为相信,所以看见。

 

When we start our business, 

我们开始做生意的时候,

 

we don't have money, we don't have resources, we don't have anything. 

没有钱,没有资源,什麽都没有,

 

The only thing we have,  that is we believe the future, 

我们唯一拥有的就是相信未来,

 

we have the dreams. We make hundreds of thousands of mistakes. 

相信一个梦想。我们犯了无数错误,

 

There is only one thing that we did not make the mistake - that is, never give up.

唯一做对的一件事就是"never give up!"

 

And business people talk about money. 

生意人和钱打交道。

 

But I think a real business person, a real entrepreneur,

但我认为真正的企业家、

 

not only knows how to make money, but how to spend money. 

创业家不仅知道如何能赚钱,更知道为何挣钱。

 

And we do not live for money, we do not work for money. 

我们不为钱而活,也不为钱工作。

 

When you have one million, that is your money. 

你有100万的时候钱是你的,

 

When you have ten million, maybe, the problem comes. 

有1000万的时候钱已经开始带来麻烦,

 

When you have a hundred million dollars, I think that is not your money.

1个亿的时候,我认为这已经不是你的钱,

 

That's the trust the society gives to you. 

是社会对你的信任,

 

That they believe that you can spend the money better, you can use the money better. 

社会信任你能够用好这笔钱。

 

So a real businessperson is not making money by making use of the (of the ya~) mistakes, makes use of the problems, social problems.

所以真正的企业家,不是利用社会问题去赚钱,

 

A real businessperson makes the money by solving the social problems for the others.

真正的企业家是通过解决社会问题来赚钱。

 

There are so many great cities in the world, 

全世界这麽多很棒的城市,

 

but Hong Kong is one of the best cities that I've ever seen.

香港是我见过的城市中最好的,

 

And this is the city I've been here mo(st) just the second after Hangzhou my hometown. 

也是我每年来得次数最多的地方之一,仅次于我的家乡杭州。

 

And of all the great advantages Hong Kong has, 

香港的优势,

 

there are three attractions that really attracted me. The inclusiveness, the innovation, and young people.

对我来说,因为三大方面的吸引力:包容,创新和年轻人。

 

I love Hong Kong because of Hong Kong's inclusiveness,because the open spirit, 

我喜欢香港,香港的独特性在于她的包容,在于她开放的精神。

 

it's the open trade, open culture, open policy that (has) made Hong Kong today. 

正是由于开放的贸易,开放的文化,开放的政策,才成就了今天的香港。

 

There is no such city, like Hong Kong, in the world.

全世界找不到第二个城市,

 

Such a small place, with so many different languages, different colours, 

在这麽小的地方,讲著这麽多国家的语言,有著这麽多肤色,

 

 there are so many different things, and there are so many similarities.

如此不同,又如此相似。

 

Today, young people say, people say, Hong Kong has a lot of problems. 

今天如果说香港还面临一些问题,

 

Any city has its problems.

任何的城市都有问题。

 

People say Hong Kong young people have problems. 

有人说香港年轻人有问题,

 

Any young people has problems. 

哪裡的年轻人都面临问题。

 

The way is how to solve the problems, 

关键是,如何面对问题,

 

how to face the problems, how to challenge these problems.

如何解决问题,如何去挑战这些问题。

 

And I have confidence in Hong Kong, Hong Kong will solve these problems.

我对香港能够解决这些问题有信心。

 

I love Hong Kong young people. 

我喜欢香港的年轻人。

 

When I was young, we saw a lot of Hong Kong movies, 

我年轻时,看了很多香港电影,

 

and dreamed that one day, I will be in Hong Kong. 

梦想著有一天能来香港。

 

Hong Kong is so great,

香港太棒了,

 

 I never thought that I could visit Hong Kong, it was just a dream when I was a child. 

那时能够来一次香港就像做梦一样,

 

And I never thought about that one day I could study in Hong Kong. 

更不敢谈在香港唸书,在港大唸书。

 

Today when I see on the campus there are so many young people here studying, 

今天在校园裡,我看到许许多多年轻人在这裡读书,

 

I envy them, I respect them, and I hope they will be great. 

首先浮现的心情是羡慕,然后是尊敬。

 

And I wish today is (a doctorate is) not a doctorate of honour, 

我希望我不是今天拿到一个名誉博士学位,

 

it's like the day I got the letter of acceptance of my university, that I could start my new career.

而是刚拿到录取通知书,即将开始在港大读书。

 

So because of the inclusiveness,

因为包容,

 

 that make we have so many great young people in Hong Kong. Hong Kong embraced innovation, 

因为有优秀的年轻人,所以香港可以拥抱创新,

 

Hong Kong has the best conditioning environment for innovation. 

香港有全世界最好的创新的环境和条件。

 

Today, people in Hong Kong talking about, a lot about, 

最近香港人都在热议

 

this Hong Kong will be the scientific, the new scientific hub of this Asia, of this area. 

香港将成为亚洲新的国际创新科技中心。

 

Because we have the Mainland China, such a huge market.Hong Kong has great people and money. 

内地有巨大市场,香港有优秀人才和资本,

 

And Hong Kong, I think, does not only belong to Hong Kong, Hong Kong does not only belong to China, 

香港的国际创新科技中心。香港不仅只是香港的,也不只是中国的,

 

it belongs to the world, it belongs to this century.

而是属于世界的,更是属于这个世纪的。

 

So I think Hong Kong might, my talking to a lot of young people,that Hong Kong people should not only look at Hong Kong. Hong Kong young people's (should) eyes young people's eyes(should)look around the world,  

香港的年轻人眼睛不能只盯著香港,而是要向世界看。

 

we should look at the other people's problems, not only our problems, we should solve the other people's problems too.

不光解决自己的问题,更要解决别人的问题;

 

There are a lot of experts today, 

世界上有很多专家,

 

but there is no expert for the future. 

但没有人是未来的专家,

 

All the experts are yesterday's experts. 

现在的专家,都是面向过去的专家。

 

Only by working hard, we can be the experts, someday. 

只有努力才能成为未来的专家。

 

So I think Hong Kong's innovations should solve the problem for the future.

香港的技术创新,应该是专注于解决未来的问题。

 

Hong Kong will succeed, 

香港会成功,

 

but the world is changing rapidly.

但世界在急剧变化。

 

Hong Kong used to be the hub for trade, 

香港过去是贸易港,

 

but today the trade world, 

但今日的贸易变化极大,

 

because of technology, is changing a lot. 

因为科技变化很大。

 

The future of trade is not about the B2C, is about the C2B.

未来的贸易不是B2C 而是C2B。

 

The future of trade is not about the containers, 

未来的贸易主题将不再是集装箱货柜,

 

about the packages.

而是包裹。

 

The future world trade is not about made in China, made in America, it`s made in the internet. 

未来的贸易不是中国製造,美国製造,而是互联网製造。

 

So we have to change. Only by changing, Hong Kong could be the new hub of trade of the world.

只有变化,才能让香港成为世界贸易的新中心。

 

Hong Kong is also a great centre for financing, 

香港同样是金融中心,

 

but today we are talking about fintech and techfin, 

但今天我们说的是金融科技和科技金融。

 

Hong Kong should be the pioneer, a leader of fintech and techfin.

香港应该成为两者的先驱和引领者。

 

So, in the past half year, in the past six months, I met the Chancellor almost five times.

过去半年多以来,这是我第五次与校监见面。

 

Every time, we discussed about the young people, 

每一次,她都与我谈论年轻人、

 

we talked about science, we talked about innovation, we talked about the future of Hong Kong. 

谈论科技,创新,谈论香港的未来。

 

I think the next thirty years, the world is going to change a lot. 

我认为未来30年世界会发生巨变。

 

 The new technology is going to change every aspect of the world. 

新的技术革命会改变世界的方方面面,

 

If we do not want to make this technology revolution to become a social revolution,

如果我们不希望这个技术变革,变成社会革命,

 

we have to change from now.

我们就要从现在开始准备。

 

Among all the challenges, 

我们会面临巨大的挑战,

 

 I think the most challenging thing is about education. 

所有的挑战当中,教育的挑战是最大的。

 

Even if today, the best university of the world, will face the same challenges, 

现在即使是最好的学校,也面临这个问题:

 

 because everything we teach our kids are the things that the past two hundred years, 

我们现在教给孩子的,和200年前教给他们的没有区别,

 

the things we taught them, the machine will do better.

机器会做的更好。

 

So we have to think about what are the best ways, what are the contents to teach our kids in the future. 

所以我们必须想到,我们未来将会教给我们孩子什麽是最好的。

 

We have to teach the kids the way the machines will never be able to win the man, 

我们必须教给他们机器赢不了的。

 

this is my belief, because machines only have the chips, human have the heart.

机器只有chips(芯片),而我们有heart(心)。

 

So I think we have to change from now on , the education system. 

我们现在必须改变教育系统。

 

In the future, it's not about the competition of knowledge, 

未来不是知识的竞争,

 

it's the competition of creativity, it's the competition of imagination, 

而是创造力和想像力的竞争,

 

it's a competition of learning,  

是学习能力的竞争,

 

it's a competition of independent thinking. 

是独立思考的竞争。

 

If you think like a machine,the problem will come. 

如果你像机器一样思考,那麽问题就会接踵而至。

 

In the past twenty years, we make people like the machine,

在过去的20年裡,我们把人变成机器,

 

in the next twenty years, machine will look like people.

在接下来的20年裡,我们将会把机器变得更像人。

 

So in the future, it's not knowledge driven, 

未来,将不再是知识驱动,

 

it's the wisdom driven, 

而是智慧驱动,

 

it's the experience driven.

是体验驱动;

 

So in the past, (it's the knowledge driven sorry) it's the manufacturing driven,

过去是知识和製造业驱动,

 

and in the future it's the creativity driven.

未来则将是创造驱动;

 

So this is what we think the world should be focusing on. Not only the IQ, EQ,

未来世界将不应只关注智商和情商,

 

but also focus on LQ, the Q of love. 

更要关注爱商。

 

Because only when you care the others,

只有当你关心其他人,

 

only you care the others that succeed, are more successful than you are,

其他人比你更成功的时候,

 

you have the chance. 

你才有机会。

 

So in my heart,

在我心中,

 

Hong Kong is the city that in all China is the (most) closest to the world, 

香港是离外面的世界最近的中国城市;

 

and I believe tomorrow Hong Kong will be the city the closest to the future. 

明天,我相信香港将成为离未来最近的城市。

 

And I believe Hong Kong, I believe the young people in Hong Kong, 

我相信香港、相信香港的年轻人、

 

I believe the future of Hong Kong, 

香港的未来、

 

and I believe Hong Kong University.

我相信香港大学。

 

Thank you so much, 

非常感谢。

 

and it's my honour to be part of the Hong Kong University.

能成为香港大学的一员是我的荣耀。

 

Thank you.

谢谢大家!

  • 2
    点赞
  • 1
    收藏
    觉得还不错? 一键收藏
  • 打赏
    打赏
  • 1
    评论
东南亚位于我国倡导推进的“一带一路”海陆交汇地带,作为当今全球发展最为迅速的地区之一,近年来区域内生产总值实现了显著且稳定的增长。根据东盟主要经济体公布的最新数据,印度尼西亚2023年国内生产总值(GDP)增长5.05%;越南2023年经济增长5.05%;来西亚2023年经济增速为3.7%;泰国2023年经济增长1.9%;新加坡2023年经济增长1.1%;柬埔寨2023年经济增速预计为5.6%。 东盟国家在“一带一路”沿线国家中的总体GDP经济规模、贸易总额与国外直接投资均为最大,因此有着举足轻重的地位和作用。当前,东盟与中国已互相成为双方最大的交易伙伴。中国-东盟贸易总额已从2013年的443亿元增长至 2023年合计超逾6.4万亿元,占中国外贸总值的15.4%。在过去20余年中,东盟国家不断在全球多变的格局里面临挑战并寻求机遇。2023东盟国家主要经济体受到国内消费、国外投资、货币政策、旅游业复苏、和大宗商品出口价企稳等方面的提振,经济显现出稳步增长态势和强韧性的潜能。 本调研报告旨在深度挖掘东南亚市场的增长潜力与发展机会,分析东南亚市场竞争态势、销售模式、客户偏好、整体市场营商环境,为国内企业出海开展业务提供客观参考意见。 本文核心内容: 市场空间:全球行业市场空间、东南亚市场发展空间。 竞争态势:全球份额,东南亚市场企业份额。 销售模式:东南亚市场销售模式、本地代理商 客户情况:东南亚本地客户及偏好分析 营商环境:东南亚营商环境分析 本文纳入的企业包括国外及印尼本土企业,以及相关上下游企业等,部分名单 QYResearch是全球知名的大型咨询公司,行业涵盖各高科技行业产业链细分市场,横跨如半导体产业链(半导体设备及零部件、半导体材料、集成电路、制造、封测、分立器件、传感器、光电器件)、光伏产业链(设备、硅料/硅片、电池片、组件、辅料支架、逆变器、电站终端)、新能源汽车产业链(动力电池及材料、电驱电控、汽车半导体/电子、整车、充电桩)、通信产业链(通信系统设备、终端设备、电子元器件、射频前端、光模块、4G/5G/6G、宽带、IoT、数字经济、AI)、先进材料产业链(金属材料、高分子材料、陶瓷材料、纳米材料等)、机械制造产业链(数控机床、工程机械、电气机械、3C自动化、工业机器人、激光、工控、无人机)、食品药品、医疗器械、农业等。邮箱:market@qyresearch.com

“相关推荐”对你有帮助么?

  • 非常没帮助
  • 没帮助
  • 一般
  • 有帮助
  • 非常有帮助
提交
评论 1
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包

打赏作者

charliejohn

你的鼓励将是我创作的最大动力

¥1 ¥2 ¥4 ¥6 ¥10 ¥20
扫码支付:¥1
获取中
扫码支付

您的余额不足,请更换扫码支付或充值

打赏作者

实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值