To create a transparent splashscreen, like for example the splash displayed when adobe acrobat reader starts, do the following:
- Create the a new form
- Set the Border Style to bsNone
- Set the Position to poScreenCenter
- Overide the create constuctor and add the line Brush.Style = bsClear
- Override the createparams method and add the line
Params.ExStyle := Params.ExStyle + WS_EX_TRANSPARENT +WS_EX_TOPMOST;
after the call to inherited
- Add an image componet to the form and load your transparent image into it. I use PNG's rather than bitmaps with a transparent color. PNGImage (a PNG wrapper for TPicture is available at sourceforge).
- Set the image and form's Autosize to true.
- Slap on a timer to close the form after a couple of seconds.