- I think you should…
“我认为你应该做某事”,这就是很直接的提建议的方式。
I think you should exercise more.
我认为你应该多运动运动。
I think you should raise your sights. You’re underestimating yourself.
我认为你应该有远大志向,你过于低估自己了。
- I don’t know if…is a good idea.
当你使用这个表达时,你的语气是比较消极的。也就是说,其实你并不觉得这是个好主意。
Josh, I don’t know if that’s a good idea.
乔希,我可不知道这是不是个好主意。
I don’t know if taking a year off work is a good idea.
我不知道休假一年是不是个好主意。
- Maybe you should try…
和上一个表达不同,当你说“也许你该试着做某事”的时候,语气是很积极的,你在鼓励别人去尝试。
Maybe you should try studying a new skill.
也许你应该试着学习一项新技能。
Maybe you should try harder, but not live on your name.
也许你应该更努力,而不能靠名声过日子。
- I wouldn’t…
would可以用作劝告,一般用在I后面。当你说这句话的时候,你的态度还是比较坚决的。
I wouldn’t (= I advise you not to) worry about it, if I were you.
如果我是你,我就不会为它担心。
I wouldn’t be saying this unless I were sure of the facts.
要是我对这些事情没有把握,我就不说这话了。
- If I were you, I would…
大家有没有听过Beyonce的那首If I Were A Boy:
If I were a boy, I would turn off my phone.如果我是个男生,我可以关掉手机。
我们日常也会这么说,“如果我是你,我会怎样想怎么做”。
If I were you, I would have a try.
我要是你,我就试一试。
If I were you, I would follow his advice.
我要是你,我就听从他的建议。
- My advice is to…
这个建议就很直接了,直接说出自己的建议!
He’s a bit of a bully and my advice is to have nothing to do with him.
他有点霸道,因而我的意见是不要和他交往。
- You ought to…
这种提建议的方法比较正式,或许你对should更熟悉,不过很多人会用ought。
You ought to respect his opinions more.
你应该更加重视他的意见。
如果是口语里,可以用oughta,它等于ought to。
You oughta go earlier.
你应该早点儿去。
当然,日常交流中,我们也可以使用疑问句来给予他人反馈。
- Why don’t you…?
Why don’t you wear shoes with high heels?
为什么你不穿高跟鞋呢?
Why don’t you write out a speech and get it by heart?
你为什么不写份讲稿,然后把它背下来?
- Have you tried…?
Have you tried talking to them?
你试着和他们谈过吗?
Have you tried that new stain remover?It works like magic.
你使用过那种新的去污剂吗?效果非常好。
- Have you thought about…?
这种表达较多用于比较严肃的场合。
Have you thought about what job you are going to do?
你考虑过准备做什么工作了吗?
Have you thought about using flowers to apologize?
你想过用花来道歉吗?