2013-05-03《第十三课情景对话》

Dialogue 1:

A: Bobby, have you finished cleaning up your room?
    Bobby,你扫完你的房间没有?
B: No, Mom.
    没有,妈妈。
A: Have you even started? It doesn't look like it.
    你究竟开始了没有?似乎还没有呢。
B: I'll clean it. I promise.
    我会收拾好的。我保证。
A: Young man, this place is a mess.        
    小子,这个地方简直一团糟。
B: I know, I know.
    我知道,我知道。
A: I make a simple request and look what I get.  
    我只作了一个小小要求,看看我得到了什么。
B: Okay, Mom. I'll clean it up.
    行了,妈妈,我会收拾好的。
A: When?
    什么时候?
B: When my favorite television show is over. 
    当我最喜欢的电视节目结束以后。
A: Wrong answer. Bobby!
    这是一个错误的答案。Bobby!
B: But Mom-
    可是妈妈.....
A: Get up there and clean, Now!
    马上起来打扫,现在!
B: Okay, I'm going.
    好的,我这就去。

 

 


Dialogue 2:

A: Janie. We've got to talk. It's a small request.
    Janie,我们必须谈一谈。我有一个小小的要求。
B: What about?
    什么?
A: It's your roommate, Sharon.
    是你的室友Sharon。
B: And?
    还有呢?
A: I keep asking her to turn down her music.
    我一直都在叫她把音乐放小声一点。
B: I didn't know it was that loud.
    我还不知道有那么大声呢。
A: It's not, until you leave. Then she turns it up.
    你没走的时候,是不大声的。然后她就开得很大声了。
B: Really ? I wasn't aware of that.
    真的吗?我真没注意到。
A: Yeah, she  does, and it's often when I'm trying to study. It comes right through my wall.       
    她真的是这样的。而且经常是在我要学习的时候。那声音就透过墙传过来了。
B: I'll talk to her.
    我会跟她说的。
A: Good. She has to turn it down. And she ignores me whenever I ask.     

    那太好了。她必须放小声一点。还有,每次我跟她说的时候她总是置之不理。
B: Okay. I'll get her to stop.
    好的。我会让她停止这样做的。
A: Thanks. I appreciate it.
    谢谢。我感激你这样做。

 

 

 

Dialogue 3:

A: Hey , Adam!
    嗨,Adam!
B: What?
    什么事?
A: It's your dog. He keeps coming into my yard and tearing it up.     
    你的狗!他老是来我的院子里,然后把东西搞得乱七八糟。
B: How do you know? There are lots of dogs in this neighbor hood.      

    你怎么知道呢?这附近有很多狗。
A: I've seen him, just this morning.
    我亲眼看到它,就在今天早上。
B: Prove it!
    那就证明得了了吗?
A: Look, don't make this difficult. I'm just requesting that you keep him in your yard.
    别把事情弄的那么复杂。我只是要求你把他关在你的院子里。
B: I do. He gets under the fence sometimes.   

    我关了啊。他有时候会自己穿过栅栏。
A: Well, that's not my problem.
    那不是我的问题。
B: Are you saying it's my problem?
    难道你说的那是我的问题吗?
A: Yes! It's your dog.
    是的!它是你的狗。
B: What are you going to do about it?
    你打算怎么样?
A: If I have to, I'll call the police. I've even got pictures of your dog coming over here.
    如果有必要的话,我会叫警察。我甚至已经有了你的狗溜到我这里来的照片。
B: Okay, if you're so upset about it, I'll see what I can do.
    好吧,如果这让你那么苦恼的话,我会想想办法的。

 


Dialogue 4:

A: How's it going, Cathy? You look good today.
    你好吗,Cathy?你今天看起来很好。
B: What do you want, Ben?
    你想要什么,Ben?
A: Why do you think I want something?
    为什么你会认为我想要什么呢?
B: Because you're being nice to me. That means you want something from me.
    因为你对我这么和声和气,就意味着你有事求我了。
A: Well, now that you mention it, I did need to borrow your computer.
    唔,既然你这么说,我是想借用你的电脑。
B: Why?
    干什么用呢?
A: I've got to finish my essay tonight and my computer is broken.      

    我今晚的完成我的论文,我的电脑又坏了。
B: So you want to come over and break my computer?
    所以你就想过来然后拆掉我的电脑?
A: No, I just need it for an hour. Please. I'm begging you.    

    不。我只是需要用一个小时。拜托,我求你了。
B: Why should I say yes?
    我干嘛要答应呢?
A: Because you're a good person.
    因为你是好人啊。
B: No, I'm not, but you can use it. For one hour. That's it.
    不,我不是。但你可以用,一个小时。就这样。
A: Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.        
    万分感谢。我实在非常感激。
B: Don't make me regret it. One hour, that's it.        
    不要让我反悔。一个小时,就那么多。
A: One hour. I understand. I'll see you tonight.
    一个小时。我明白。我今晚来找你。

 


Dialogue 5:

B: Oh, this is bad!
    噢,糟透了!
A: What?
    什么?
B: Look, what I got in the mail.
    看我收到一封什么信。
A: It says "You are hereby requested to appear in traffic court on Tuesday, 8 a.m".     

    上面写着“特此通知你必须在星期二早上8点钟到达交通法庭”。
B: It's because I didn't pay that speeding ticket from last month.
    这是因为我上个月没有付超速罚款。
A: What? Why not?
    什么?为什么没有?
B: I don't know. I just forgot.
    我不知道。我只是忘了。
A: Is it too late to pay?
    现在交钱太迟了吗?
B: I can pay in court now, but it will cost more.
   我现在可以在庭上交,只是要交多一点。
A: Maybe you should drive slower.
   也许你应该开车慢一点。
B: Very funny. Maybe you should shut up.
    真好笑,也许你该闭嘴。
A: Sorry. Don't be so sensitive.        
    抱歉,别那么敏感。
B: This is going to cost me $200.
    这将要花上我200美元。
A: Well, don't look at me. I'm broke.
    别看着我,我一分钱也没有了。
B: I guess I'm going to court on Tuesday.
   我想下星期二我还是要上庭的。
A: I guess so. Make sure you drive slow on the way there.
   我想也是。去那里的时候你一定要开慢点。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值