2013-05-12《第37课情景对话》

Dialogue  1
A:What are you doing this afternoon?
你今天下午要干什么?
B:I’m going to buy a gift for my dad. It’s his birthday next week.
我打算给我爸爸买件礼物,下星期他生日。
A:Oh. That’s nice. What are you getting him?
噢!那好啊。你打算买什么给他呢?
B:I’m not sure. He likes fishing. So I was going to a sports store.
我还不知道,他喜欢钓鱼,所以我打算去体育用品商店转转。
A:You’re just going to look around today?
你今天只是去看一看吗?
B:That might give me some ideas. If I see something good I’ll buy it.
看一看可能会使我有些主意,如果我看到合适的东西,我就会买下来。
A:Your dad doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who likes to fish.
你爸爸看起来不像那种喜欢钓鱼的人。
B:Really? Why do you say that?
真的吗?你为什么那样说呢?
A:I don’t know. He’s a lawyer. It doesn’t fit the image.
我不知道,他是个律师,这项运动与他的形象不符。
B:Oh. I know what you mean. To tell the truth. He doesn’t fit the image.
哦!我知道你的意思了,说真的。他的确不像个钓鱼的。
A:Then how did he come to like fishing?
那么他是怎么喜欢上钓鱼的呢?
B:His father, who was certainly not a lawyer. Taught him to fish.
他的父亲教他的,当然,他的父亲不是律师。
A:What was his father?
那他的父亲是干什么的呢?
B:I’m not sure. I don’t think he ever had a real job.
我不清楚,我想他从来都没干过一份像样的工作。
A:And his son became a lawyer. That sounds pretty interesting.
可他的儿子居然成了律师,那听起来倒挺有意思。
B:It is. I’ve got to get to the store. I’ll give you a call when I get back.
的确如此,我得去商店了,我回来时会给你打个电话。
A:Sounds good. I’ll talk to you then.
好的,到时候再谈。

 

Dialogue  2
A:I can’t believe my parents did this.
我不敢相信我的父母竟然这样做。
B:What did they do this time?
这一次他们做什么了呢?
A:They haven’t called for Christmas.
他们圣诞节没给我打电话。
B:I’m sure that they have a good reason.
我敢肯定他们一定有充分的理由。
A:like what?
例如什么?
B:Maybe they’re busy. It’s hard to say for sure.
大概他们很忙,很难说得准。
A:They’re not busy. They’re just mad at me.
他们不忙,他们只是生我的气。
B:Why would they be mad at you?
为什么他们会生你的气?
A:We had an argument during thanksgiving.
我们感恩节时吵了一架。
B:lots of families argue. It doesn’t make any sense for them to still be mad you.
许多家庭都有争吵,他们没理由到现在还生你的气。
A:You don’t know my parents.
你可不了解我的父母。
B:If what you say is true. It makes your parents seem a little immature.
如果你说的是真的,你的父母看起来好像不大成熟。
A:They can be. Both of them have a lot of pride. They don’t like to admit when they’re wrong.
他们真的是这样,他们两个人都非常高傲,他们犯了错从不愿承认。
B:Now I can see where you got your personality.
现在我知道你的个性是从哪里来的了。
A:What are you saying?
你在说什么呀?
B:It’s just funny how much your parents sound like you.
真有趣,你的父母听起来跟你像极了。
A:They do not sound like me. I’m my own person.
他们可不像我,我就是我。
B:Of course. But you had to come from somewhere. And I can clearly see where you came from.
没错,但你不是从石头里蹦出来的吧,而且我可以清楚地看到你来自一个怎样的家庭了。

 


Dialogue  3
A:Your brother is pretty impressive. He has really made a good life for himself.
你的哥哥挺不错的,他确实为自己创造了美好的人生。
B:He certainly has. But he’s had to change a lot over the years.
他的确做到了,但这些年来他可改变了不少。
A: Do you mean that he wasn’t always so responsible?
你的意思是说他并不一直都是这样有责任心?
B:When he was a little boy, he was a real troublemaker.
当他还是个小孩时,他是个真正的淘气鬼。
A:Oh. Really? That’s hard to see now.
噢!真的吗?现在可看不出来。
B:You noticed that he seems responsible, but did you notice how much energy he has?
你已留意到他看起来很有在责任心,那你留意到他精力多么充沛吗?
A:Yes. He is really devoted to his work. He’s full of good ideas.
是的,他对工作确实是全力以赴。他的点子非常多。
B:When he was young and undisciplined. All that energy was used for causing trouble.
当他还年轻不羁时,他所有的这些精力都用在制造麻烦上了。
A:I could see that. He’s a pretty intense guy.
我看得出来,他是一个坐不住的人。
B:Have I told you about the time he almost burned down the house when he was five years old?
他五岁那年,有一次差点烧掉我们的房子,我告诉过你这件事吗?
A:I don’t think I’ve heard that story.
我想我没听过这件事。
B:You should ask my mother. She tells the story better.
你应该去问我妈妈,她讲得比我好。
A:She is pretty good at telling stories. She has some good ones about you.
她相当擅长讲故事,她告诉过我一些有关你的趣事。
B:What has she told you about me?
她告诉你我的什么事了?
A:You’ll have to ask her. She tells the stories better.
你得去问她了,她讲得比我好。

 

Dialogue  4
A:This is nice place. How do you afford it?
这是个好地方,你是怎么支付得起的?
B:I can’t afford it. That’s my roommate’s job.
我支付不起,但我的室友可以。
A: Does your roommate cam a lot of money?
你的室友赚大钱了吗?
B:No. but her family’s pretty generous.
不是,但她的家里人相当大方。
A:Your roommate still relies on her parents for money?
你的室友仍然依靠她父母的钱生活?
B:No. it’s nothing like that. Her parents bought this house.
不是,不是这么回事,她的父母买下了这间房子。
A:So you live here for free?
那么说你们免费住在这里?
B:No. Carol, That’s my roommate. And I pay rent to her parents.
不是,是我的室友卡罗免费住在这里,而我要付给她父母的房租。
A:I guess they don’t charge as much as the house is really worth.
我猜他们没有根据房子的真正价值收你的租。
B:No. they’re very generous. I think they spoil her.
没有,他们很慷慨,我认为他们宠坏了卡罗。
A: Does she seem spoiled?
她看起来像宠坏了吗?
B:She’s a nice girl, but she can always depend on her parents to help her out when she needs it.
她是个挺好的女孩,可当她需要帮助的时候,她总是要依靠她父母解救。
A:Her parents sound like nice people.
听起来她父母是挺不错的人。
B:They are nice, but they need to let their daughter grow up.
他们人很好,但他们需要让他们的女儿长大。
A:When you have kids. Will you let them grow up?
当你有小孩时,你会让他们长大吗?
B:Of course. I think it’s important for children to learn how to be independent. They won’t always have their parents around to help them.
当然会,我认为小孩学会如何独立是非常重要的,父母不能总在他们身边帮助他们。

 

Dialogue  5
A:Your sister seems pretty interesting.
你的姐姐看起来是个相当有趣的人。
B:I have to agree with you. She’s been like that as long as I can remember.
我绝对赞同你的意见,从我记事起她就是这样一个人。
A:It seems that she likes to be an attention getter.
看起来她喜欢成为大家注意的焦点。
B:She’s a natural entertainer. Do you know what she does for a job?
她是个天生的艺人,你知道她是干什么工作的吗?
A:I can’t imagine. It must not be a job in an office.
我想像不出来,但她的工作肯定不是坐办公室的。
B:That’s for sure. She’s a comedian.
一点没错,她是个喜剧演员。
A: D o you mean she gets up on stage and tells jokes?
你的意思是说在舞台上讲笑话的那种人?
B:Exactly. She’s getting to be pretty well known. She’s going to be on television next month.
正是,她越来越有名气了,下个月她将要上电视了。
A:I’m going to have to watch that. Does she have any future goals?
我得看这个节目,她有什么未来的目标吗?
B:Yeah. She wants to get into comedy movies. That’s the best way to make money for her.
有,她想进入喜剧电影界,对她来说,那是赚钱的最佳方法。
A:I think she can do it. She just needs to meet the right people.
我认为她可以做到,她只需遇到贵人就行了。
B:I agree. After her TV appearance. It will be easier for her to meet people who can get her a job in the movies.
我同意,在电视上亮相后,她将更容易遇到一些给她提供电影角色的人。
A:Tet me know how that turns out. I’d like to say I know a famous movies star.
让我知道事情的进展,到时候我就可以说我认识一位有名的电影明星了。

  • 0
    点赞
  • 0
    收藏
    觉得还不错? 一键收藏
  • 0
    评论

“相关推荐”对你有帮助么?

  • 非常没帮助
  • 没帮助
  • 一般
  • 有帮助
  • 非常有帮助
提交
评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值