2013-05-11《第二十三课情景对话》

Dialogue 1
A: Hello. Is this a good time to speak with you?
你好,现在跟你说几句方便吗?
B: Sure. What can I do for you?
当然方便,有什么可以帮你的吗?
A:I was at the computer business convention in Dallas last month.
   I heard you speak, but your name escapes me.
上个月我去了达拉斯举行的电脑商业大会。我听了你的发言,但我不记得你的名字。
B: Oh, It’s Janet Abrahams. And you are?
噢,是珍妮特.阿伯拉罕。那你是?
A:Sorry, I’m Tom Dickens.
对不起,我是汤姆.狄更斯。
B: You wanted to ask me something?
你想问我什么事情吗?
A: Yes, Do you think what you said about the internet is also true for smaller companies?
是的,你认为你所说的有关于互联网的的东西也适用于小型公司吗?
B: How small?
多小?
A:My company only has 9 employees.
我的公司只有9个员工。
B:I don’t think that would make a difference.
我认为那没关系。
A:Really? That’s good to know.
是吗?听到你这么说真好。

 

 

Dialogue 2
A:I’d like one ticket to see “Blood Monster 2”.
我想要一张“吸血怪兽2”的票。
B: That’s will be 6.50.
6.50美元。
A: Okay,there you go.
好的,给你。
B:And I will need to see some ID.
我还要看看能证明你身份的证件。
A:ID? What do you mean?
身份证,这是什么意思?
B:I’ll need to see some kind of identification, to show your age.
我需要看看一些可以显示你的年龄的身份证明。
A: Why? This is just a movie. I’m not buying beer.
为什么?只是一场电影而已,我又不是买啤酒。
B: You have to be at least 18 to see this movie. It’s very violent.
你至少得要18岁才能看这场电影,这部电影是相当暴力的。
A:  That’s not fair.
那不公平。
B:  That’s the rule.
那是规定。
A:   I left my driver’s license at home.
我把驾驶证忘在家里了。
B:  Then how did you get to the theater?
那你怎么到电影院来的?
A:  I walked.
我走路来的。
B:Down the highway? Look,I’m sorry. You can’t get into this movie. Let someone else through.
沿着高速公路走来的吗?对不起,你不能进去看这场电影,请让别人过来买票。

 

 

Dilalogue 3
A:  I’m Oliver. You look familiar, but I don’t remember who you are.
我是奥利佛,你看上去很眼熟,但我想不起你是谁了。
B:  You’ve seen me before.  Guess who I am.
你之前见过我,猜猜我是谁。
A:  I’m sorry. You look a little young to be here. This is the Cates High School twenty year reunion.
对不起,你在这里显的有点年轻。这是Cates中学二十周年聚会。
B:  I’m Ira Benkis,Oliver.
奥利佛,我是伊拉·本刻丝。
A:  Ira! You should be about 38, but you look about 30.
伊拉,你应该是38了,但你看起来才大约30。
B:  I’m 38, no doubt about it.
我是38岁了,没错。
A:  But you look young. How ?
但是你看起来那么年轻,怎么回事呢?
B:  Really? I live in Arizona now.  That’s why I’m so dark, from the sun.
是吗?我现在住在亚利桑那州。那就是我这么黑的原因,是太阳晒的。
A:  You must work out or something.
你一定在户外公司或干些之类的活。
B:  I’m in the Fire Department. So I get a lot of exercise.
我在消防部工作,所以我能得到很多身体锻炼。
A:  I guess so. Well , you look good.
我想也是的,你看起来很好。
B:  Also ,I had all that long hair in school which is mostly gone now.
再说, 我在学校一直都是长头发,现在已经不留长头发了。
A:  That’s true.
那倒是真的。
B:  So, what do you do now?
那你现在干什么呢?
A:  I work for an insurance company in Boston, so I’m stuck at a desk much of the time.
我在波士顿一家保险公司工作,因此我大部分时间都是粘在办公桌前。
B:  Tell me about the rest of your life. Let’s get something to eat.
跟我讲讲你的其他生活吧,让我们吃点东西吧。
A:  Sounds good to me.
好主意。

 

 

Dialogue 4
A:  How difficult do you think the class will be this semester?
你觉得这个学期的课程会不会很难?
B:  I’ve heard the professor is very  strict. She doesn’t give good grade often.
我听说这个教授是非常严格的,她很少打高分。
A:  I've thought you were the professor.
我原以为你就是那教授。
B:  Do I look that old?
我看起来那么老吗?
A:  I’m sorry. Most of us here  are in our twenties. You look a little older than that.
对不起,我们在这里的大多是20来岁,你看起来稍稍不止那个岁数。
B:  Don’t worry about it. I’m 45. My name is Tracy.
没事儿,我45了,我的名字是特雷斯。
A:  I’m Kristy. Are you going back to college now?
我是克里斯蒂,你现在打算重回大学吗?
B:  Yes. My daughter just left home for college. So,I thought I’d go back to school as well.
是的,我女儿刚离开家上大学,因此我想我也不妨回到校园去。
A:  That’s nice. What are you majoring in?
真好,你打算修哪一科?
B:  I don’t know yet. I’m thinking about psychology.
我还不知道,我正在考虑心理学。
A:  Really? Me too. That’s great.
真的吗?我也是,太棒了。
B:  It is a little strange being around all these young people.
处在那么多年轻人当中,感受有点怪。
A:  I can imagine. It’ll be a fun year,though.
我很明白,但这将会是充满乐趣的一年。
B:  I hope so. I look forward to it.
我也希望如此,我十分向往。

 

 

Dialogue 5
A:  Is there a problem.officer?
有什么问题吗?长官?
B:  Some neighbors have complained about the noise. Is this your house?
有的邻居投诉有噪音.是你的房间里传出来的吗?
A:  Yes, it is. I’m sorry about the noise. Some friends are with me. We’ll be more quiet.
是的,我为(弄出)那些噪音感到很抱歉,我跟一些朋友在一起,我们会小点儿声儿的。
B:  Good, I just need to know a few things. What’s your name?
很好,我只是需要了解一些事情,你叫什么名字?
A:  Oh, I’m sorry. It’s David Fowler
哦,对不起,我叫大卫·伏勒。
B:  And how old are you Mr. Fowler?
你的年龄?伏勒先生。
A:  I’m 24. Why do you ask?
我24,你问这个干什么?
B:  I’ll need to see some ID. There are beer cans on you front yard.
我要看看你的身份证明,你的前院有一些啤酒瓶。
A:   Oh,sure. Here ‘s my driver’s license.
当然可以,这是我的驾驶证。
B:  Thank you. Can you say that everyone in your house is old enough to be drinking?
谢谢,你确信你房子里的每一个人都到喝酒的年龄了吗?
A:  Yes. Certainly.
当然。
B:   If I have to come back here and I find out someone underage is drinking , I have to take you to jail.
如果我再来一趟,发现有人不够年龄就喝酒的话,我只能把你送进监狱去了。
A:  I understand. That won’t be a problem ,officer.
我明白,没问题,长官。
B:  Thank you. Good night.
谢谢,晚安。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值