The Software is grouped into the following categories 3D, contours, display tools, features, ocr, mathematical toolkits, pattern recognition, stereo, synthetic data generators, texture, toolkits, tracking, misc.
- ZipPack Polygon Mesh Zippering Combines several range images into a polygonal mesh.
of Skin-Cancer Images Implementation of an algorithm for
segmenting images of skin cancer and other pigmented lesions (see
Image and Vision Computing, January 1999, pp. 65-74).
An automatic method for segmention of images of skin cancer and other pigmented lesions is implemented. This method first reduces a color image into an intensity image and approximately segments the image by intensity thresholding. Then, it refines the segmentation using image edges. Double thresholding is used to focus on an image area where a lesion boundary potentially exists. Image edges are then used to localize the boundary in that area. A closed elastic curve is fitted to the initial boundary and is locally shrunk or expanded to approximate edges in its neighborhood in the area of focus. Segmentation results from twenty randomly selected images show an average error that is about the same as that obtained by four experts manually segmenting the images. (by L. Xu, M. Jackowski, A. Goshtasby, C. Yu, D. Roseman, S. Bines, A. Dhawan, A. Huntley / Intelligent Systems Laboratory / Wright State University)
- The FreeImage Library at Sourceforge
- 3DViewnix - Demo of a commercial package.
- FP Image - View/Process Floating Point and integer images in Windows 95/98/NT. Formats include DICOM and user defined formats. Includes a image processing scripting language.
- FP Image for Windows - Scientific/Medical imaging software. Formats include floating point, integer and DICOM. Built-in image processing scripting language, batch processing, 3D solid modeling. ( FP Image)
- FreeImage - FreeImage is an Open Source project for developers who would like to support popular graphics image formats like BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, RAS, PNM, PCX, TGA in their C++ applications for Windows. (by Floris van den Berg, Hervé Drolon)
- GD - a graphics library for GIF creation - provides GIF read/write code in a C library. It also provides minimal image manipulation functions (lines, arcs, text, colors). Includes versions for Unix and Windows systems. (by Thomas Boutell / Boutell.Com)
- Ghostscript and ghostview
- PostScript previewer and pretty user interface for X11.
MSDOS Ghostscript and supplemental font files are also available.
- GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) - Photoshop-style image editor.
- ImageMagick - Load, display, process, save, and convert images in many formats. Works on Unix, Linux, Windows, and Mac. Includes a display program, a converter, screen capture, animator, and more.
- Imaging Primer - Interactive and comprehensive images analysis and processing software for windows95 (commercial product). (by Pepi Cima / Rio Grande Software)
- JPEG - Library source code and simple display tools.
- Mesa - OpenGL implementation.
- MPEG-1 player and encoder
Also: FAQ and fancy VCR-like interface using Motif.
- NIH Image - for Macintosh
- TIFF - Library source code and tools
- Volumetric Image Display and Analysis (VIDA) - Demo of a commercial package.
- X11 display tool.
Supports many animation and image formats ("everything" except mpeg). Notes on integrating xanim with Web clients/MIME are also available.
- X11 display tool.
Not as featureful as xv but it understands nearly all the same formats and displays images much more quickly. Source archive is available.
- X11 Image Display tool.
Provides an amazing assortment of image operators, reads and writes images in many different formats.
- Ygl - Emulation of SGI GL library for X11.
- Convex grouping algorithm Robustly locates salient convex collections of line segments in an image.
- Edge list approximation code From Nonparametric segmentation of curves into various representations, PAMI 1995 pp 1140-1153. by Paul Rosin and Geoff West.
- Gradient Vector Flow Active Contour The purpose of GVF active contour is to extract parameterized contour description from images. Matlab implementation is available for both UNIX and Windows. (by Chenyang Xu and Jerry L. Prince / Image Analysis and Communications Laboratory / Johns Hopkins University)
- GSnake Contour modeling, extraction, detection, and classification.
- Logical/Linear Operators (by Lee Iverson)
- MegaWave Wavelet, Snake and Segmentation source code.
- MMach A Mathematical Morphology Toolbox for the Khoros System
- Savitzky-Golay Filters for 2D Images - This web page describes the derivation of the Savitzky-Golay filters for 2D images, gives MatLab routines for computing the filters, and gives C files with the filter coefficients. (by John Krumm / Vision Technology Research Group / Microsoft Research)
Low-level image processing.
SUSAN is an acronym for Smallest Univalue Segment Assimilating Nucleus. The SUSAN algorithms cover image noise filtering, edge finding and corner finding. (by Steve Smith / Oxford University)
- NIST Handwriting OCR Testbed OCR software and datasets for UNIX systems.
- SketchUp (ftp download) A demo package for recognizing hand-drawn sketches through Size Functions. ( Vision Mathematics group / University of Bologna)
- CGAL - Computational Geometry Algorithms Library
- C++ library of geometric primitives and standard data structures and algorithms used in computational geometry.
The CGAL project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust, easy to use, and efficient C++ software library of geometric data structures and algorithms. The CGAL library contains: - Basic geometric primitives such as points, vectors, lines, predicates such as for relative positions of points, and operations such as intersections and distance calculation. - A collection of standard data structures and geometric algorithms, such as convex hull, (Delaunay) triangulation, planar map, polyhedron, smallest enclosing sphere, and multidimensional query structures. - Interfaces to other packages, e.g. for visualisation, and I/O, and other support facilities. For further information and for downloading the library and documentation, please visit the CGAL web page: http://www.cs.uu.nl/CGAL/ Should you have any questions or comments, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org ( CGAL Consortium)
- Public domain collection of mathematical software, papers, and databases.
Mostly in Fortran, but f2c (included in netlib) converts Fortran to C.
- Numerical Recipies - Public Domain code for the famous book (only some of the code is public domain).
- Reviver - A Practical Provable Surface Reconstructor - Free software that takes unorganised point clouds as input and produces 3D models automatically in various industry standard formats (runs on Unix and Windows)
- StatLib - Statistical software, datasets, and information.
- Active Appearance Models - Extensions and Case home site for the the AAM-API which is a free C++ implementation of the Active Appearance Model method. Several results and models are also given. ( Section for Image Analysis / The Technical University of Denmark)
- Hidden Markov Model routines Implementation of Forward, Backward, Viterbi and Baum-Welch algorithms. The code follows Rabiner and Juang notation. Written in C. (by Tapas Kanungo / Center for Automation Research / University of Maryland, College Park)
- Perceptual Organization Software
- ToolDiag Pattern recognition of multivariate numerical data.
- Camera Calibration Routines for calibrating using Roger Tsai's perspective projection camera model. (by Reg Willson / CMU)
- Disparity Analysis of Images This java-based application estimates the disparity between two images. It works by first detecting remarkable points in both images and then finding the best possible match between the two sets of points. (by Lionel Le Briquer)
- Maximum-Flow Stereo Algorithm Code for the maximum-flow formulation of the N camera stereo correspondence problem. (by Sebastien Roy / Université de Montréal)
- Microsoft Easy Camera Calibration Tool a flexible camera calibration technique, which only requires the camera to observe a planar pattern shown at a few (at least two) different (unknown) orientations. (by Zhengyou Zhang / Vision Technology Group / Microsoft Corp.)
Projective Vision Toolkit PVT is a series of utilities
that allows one to take an image sequence and compute the fundamental
matrix and trilinear tensor.
This can be used for such problems as camera self-calibration, structure from motion, camera motion annotation, image stabilization, 3D tracking and recognition, etc. (Computational Video Group of NRC)
- SRI Stereo Engine Software - fast stereo software for PCs. It performs disparity calculations and filtering in real time on images up to 320x240 in size. ( SRI Artificial Intelligence Center / SRI International)
- Uncalibrated Stereo by Singular Value Decomposition This stereo algorithm allows to match features across a pair of stereo images with unparalleled algorithmic simplicity and neatness. Results are comparable to complex relaxation methods. Its simple implementation has made it a good off-the-shelf solution for a number of researchers needing a fast a easy-to-integrate matching module. (by Maurizio Pilu / Hewlett Packard Research Laboratories)
Synthetic Data Generators
- MESHBASE Intelligent 3D modeling program for Windows - An intelligent 3D modeling program for Windows platform. It provides true WYSIWYG and WYDSIWYDG easy editing environment. (30 day trial) (by Sean Kung / Modelsoft, Inc.)
- Persistence of Vision - Ray Tracer.
- Philip Torr's stereo vision code - routines to generate synthetic data for testing and evaluating fundamental matrix estimation algorithms (by Philip Torr / Machine Learning and Perception Group / Microsoft)
- Ray tracer
Produces floating point photometrically accurate images, with emphasis on good light source modeling.
- Random dot stereogram generator
- For X11.
Includes support for animations and user-defined objects. More stereograms are also available.
- Ray Tracers - A nice summary of free ray tracers. (by Eric Haines)
Rayshade - Ray tracing renderer.
Generates realistic 2D images from a text description of a 3D world. Supports texture mapping, surface ("heightfield") rendering, multiple light sources, defocus, animation and more. Range image output extension and documentation are also available.
- Synthetic Fingerprint Generator
- SFinGe is a novel method for the generation of synthetic fingerprint images ("sfinge" is the Italian for "sphinx").
Gabor-like space-variant filters are used for iteratively expanding an initially empty image containing just one or a few seeds. A directional image model, whose inputs are the number and location of the fingerprint cores and deltas, is used for tuning the filters. Very-realistic fingerprint images are obtained after the final noising-and-rendering stage. ( Biometric Systems Lab / University of Bologna)
- MeasTex A framework for quantitative measurement of image texture classification algorithms.
Gandalf is a computer vision and numerical algorithm
library, written in C, which allows you to develop new applications
that will be portable and run FAST. Includes many useful vision
routines, including camera calibration, homographies, fundamental
matrix computation, and feature detectors (includes source code).
Dynamically reconfigurable vector, matrix and image structures in Gandalf allow efficient use of memory. Gandalf has been used to develop the "MoKey" motion editing software, released at IBC'2001 in Amsterdam. MoKey performs automatic inpainting of moving objects over an image sequence, and can also be used to compute an accurate alpha matte or outline of an object. Gandalf currently contains four packages: 1) Common package of simple structures and routines used by the other packages, such as memory allocation, linked lists and error handling; 2) Linear algebra package with a large number of routines for matrix and vector manipulations; 3) Image package defining a general purpose image structure and low-level image manipulation routines; 4) Vision package containing a number of standard image processing, computer vision and numerical routines. The major design features of Gandalf are: (i) Efficient use of memory through dynamically reconfigurable structures; (ii) Emphasis on support of numerical algorithms, especially optimisation; (iii) A very flexible and efficient internal image representation, (iv) A comprehensive set of matrix/vector operations, incorporating implicit matrix transpose & inverse, and in-place computation where appropriate; Exploitation of the computational and compilation speed advantages of C over C++ in reducing the number of layers of abstraction over the raw data, an approach we believe is appropriate for simple objects such as matrices, vectors and images. The documentation for Gandalf comes in two parts. There is a LaTex tutorial with examples available also in HTML (via Latex2html). Reference documentation for Gandalf has also been generated using ObjectOutline, ( by Philip McLauchlan)
- Intel Open Source Computer Vision Library Computer vision routines, applications and tutorials. Open Source, FREE for academic AND commercial use. Assembly language optimized on Intel's processor line. Areas covered are Geometric Methods, Recognition, Image Pyramids Camera Calibration, Tracking, and Fitting. (by Vadim Pisarevsky, Dmitry Abrosimov , Jean-Yves Bouguet , Gary R. Bradski , Valery Cherepennikov , Michael Chu , Boris Chudinovich , Prof. Trevor , Bob Davies , Prof. James Davis , Victor Eroukhimov , Prof. Irfan Essa , Radek Grzeszczuk , Mark Holler , Prof. Jitendra Malik , Sergey Molinov , Valery Mosyagin , Ara Nefian , Sergey Oblomov , Prof. Pietro Perona , Vadim Pisarevsky, Alexander Pleskov, Chuck Richards, Prof. Stan Scarloff, Stewart Taylor, Prof. Carlo Tomasi / Visual Interactivity Lab / Intel Corporation)
- University of Calgary vision software Includes chain code, Hough transform, and others.
- VXL - C++ libraries for Computer Vision The Vision-something-Libraries are a collection of C++ libraries designed for computer vision research. It was created from TargetJr and the Image Understanding Environment (IUE) with the aim of making a lighter, faster and more consistent system. VXL is written in ANSI/ISO C++ and is designed to be portable over many platforms. It is developed and used by a consortium including groups from the Universities of Leuven, Oxford, Manchester, and RPI, GE CRD. ( VXL Consortium)
- A real-time image acquisition and processing product. (Commercial product $$).
The product includes a COM (Component Object Model) component, which allows developers to create powerful imaging applications quickly and easily using COM supported languages such as C++ and Visual Basic. The AcquireNow package include the AcquireNowClient application. AcquireNowClient is a stand-alone application, which can be used to acquire, display, and save images to disk. The AcquireNowClient application also allows the user to perform real time image averaging, scaling and flat fielding. Source code for the AcquireNowClient application is included, and can be used by customers as a base for their own imaging applications. ( Boulder Imaging, Inc.)
- PC-based image processing without the need of extensive programming knowledge
The following image processing functions are realized as DLLs. The complete C source code of these DLLs is part of the standard pack. Point, local and global, morphological operations Texture, image sequence Histograms procedures Hough and color transformations Automatic counting and interactive measuring Pattern recognition, graylevel profile General purpose and display functions ( The Imaging Source)
- Aphelion - Commercial
image processing and understanding package for Windows. Features a rapid
prototyping environment, image processing and object recognition libraries,
and a vision tutorial.
Aphelion is a commercial software product which can be used to quickly develop vertical imaging applications. It is a comprehensive and powerful development environment and a delivery vehicle for image-based applications, including a Graphical User Interface, Image Processing libraries available as DLLs or ActiveX components, a Visual Basic compatible scripting language, a chart server, etc. Aphelion provides the very latest developments in mathematical morphology and symbolic representation/recognition, as well as effective tools for quantitative analysis, microscopy, pattern recognition, and classification. (by Bruno Lay / Amerinex Applied Imaging Inc.)
- AutoTrace - AutoTrace converts bitmap to vector graphics (by Martin Weber)
- Bersoft Image Measurement
- Measure length, angle, segments, perimeter and area in digital images. Commercial package for windows.
Bersoft Image Measurement runs under Windows 9.x/NT and it is intended to measure length, angle, segments, perimeter and area in digital images. It can be used in multiple scientific disciplines, such as Biology, Ecology, Geography, Agronomy, and Natural Sciences. It also can export matrixes (Exporting RGB values) with the decimal or hexadecimal values of the image pixels. The DEMO version can realize all the functions, but only over images saved in a propietary format: Image Bersoft Bitmap (bim extension). ( Bersoft)
- Clemex Vision - Commercial software for analysis of images from microscopes.
- Color Reduction and Multithresholding - Free image processing software for color reduction and quantization, multithresholding, Hough Transform etc. (Image and Multimedia Laboratory / Democritus University of Thrace, Greece)
- Common Vision Blox - A modular and open software development platform to solve image processing and machine vision applications (Windows, Commercial product) ( Stemmer Imaging GmbH)
- Computer Vision Workshop - An image analysis tool based on the Vista software environment
- CppIma - C++ image processing library.
- GUI-based computer vision and image processing tools, ANSI-C source code
and libraries for Windows95/NT and UNIX, extended computer imaging TCL shell.
Also contains an extended Tcl shell with all the computer imaging functions. ANSI-C source code and libraries for image analysis, image compression, image enhancement, image restoration, and many imaging utilities. Used for both research and education, as well as applications development. (by Scott E Umbaugh, Greg Hance, Arve Kjoelen, Kun Luo, Mark Zuke, Yansheng Wei and others / CVIP Group / Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville)
- DTU Image Viewer and Analyser - The DIVA consists of a number of image analysis functions collected in C++ template image classes and a windows interface, which handles a wide variety of different image file formats and pixel types. Everything is available as source code. (Section for Image Analysis / Technical University of Denmark)
- Commercial image processing and analysis toolkit for use in industrial
applications on Windows platforms. There is also a rapid prototyping development
environment called EasyAccess.
eVision provides all familiar tools in image processing such as image linear and morphological filtering, projections, profiles, geometric transforms, color conversions, blob analysis, pattern matching as well as application libraries such as OCR, matrix code reading, mark inspection. These tools are provided in a form well suited for rapid application development and are extremely fast. ( Euresys)
- Exbem: Scientific Image Processing & Analysis - Exbem is a software for scientific image processing & analysis under MacOS. Exbem handles images, QuickTime movies, and live-video. Multiple operators can be assigned to multiple ROIs. ( Pixlock e.K. (company))
- Graphics Gems - Generally useful graphics and image processing subroutines from the similarly-named books.
- GRASS - Geographic Information System
- HALCON - a commercial
computer vision tool consisting of an image processing library, C and C++
interfaces, and a rapid prototyping tool called HDevelop.
HALCON is manufactured by MVTec, which is a spin-off of the Technische Universität München and the Bavarian Research Center for Knowledge Based Systems (FORWISS). The company is specialized in software solutions for image processing using standard hardware and framegrabbers. HALCON covers a wide field of applications like factory automation, quality control, medical image analysis, aerial image analyis, surveillance, research, and education. ( MVTec Software GmbH)
- General Unix-based Image Processing System with C source code (Commercial package $$)
HIPS is a software package for image processing that runs under the UNIX operating system. HIPS is modular and flexible, it provides automatic documentation of its actions, and is almost entirely independents of special equipment. It handles sequences of images (movies) in precisely the same manner as single frames. Over 200 such image transformation programs have been developed. HIPS is written in C, provided as source code, and is both a set of separate programs as well as a callable library. (by Michael S. Landy)
- ILIB Imaging Libraries - commercial package of image processing libraries for the Windows environment (C/C++ interface). It also includes neural and genetic imaging capabilities. ( Inventions)
- Image Processing Library - The main purpose of Image Processing Library (IPL) is to simplify image processing under Windows environment. ( Medical Imaging Lab)
- Image Processing Library 98
- A platform independent image manipulating C/C++ library
The purpose of the library is to be useful, for combining tailor-made image processing and interpretation with standard methods for acquisitions, processing, display and storage of image information. Emphasis is put on interactivity in projects made by students, as well as for advanced research and development. (by Ivar Balslev and René Dencker / The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute for Production Technology / University of Southern Denmark, Odense University)
- Image-Pro Plus - Commercial image analysis software used in biological and industrial microscopy applications.
- An Image Processing C++ Class Library (template based)
ImageLib is a C++ class library providing image processing and related facilities. The main set of classes provides a variety of image and vector types, with additional modules supporting scalar and vector quantisation, wavelet transforms, DCT transforms, and simple histogram operations. (by Brendt Wohlberg / University of Cape Town)
- IMAQ Vision - Adds machine vision and image processing functionality to LabVIEW and ActiveX containers (National Instruments)
- ImgStar Image Processing Tools - Complements Pbmplus with edge detection, high/low/band-pass filters, thresholding, etc. (by Simon Winder)
- ImLib3D is an open source C++ library for 3D (volumetric) image processing.
It comes with an optional viewer that features 3D (OpenGL) multiplanar.
Templated: ImLib3D images are STL-like templated containers. This means you can create images of arbitrary types (examples: float, int, complex, 3D vectors for deformation fields, ...) Iterators: ImLib3D provides STL-like iterators for moving around images. This provides a much faster, more efficient and easier to use framework. This also provides a common simple syntax for moving around images in special ways, like in masked images or rectangular sub-zones in an image. Speed: ImLib3D is very fast. Iterators hide all the gory details of making it fast. Command line: All image processing operators can be called from the unix command line. This is, with the viewer, important for easy image processing experimentation. Fast BSpline interpolation (thanks to Unser et all.) Rigid, affine, deformable registration (thanks to O.Musse) Very fast fft (thanks to fftw) Image processing (arithmetic,convolution,morphological operations...) 3D image viewer. (by Marcel Bosc, Torbjorn Vik / LSIIT/IPB ULP Strasbourg France)
- Intel Image Processing Library - Optimized assembly MMX code for image processing, pattern recognition, signal processing, and matrix manipulation (no source - but still free) ( Performance Library Suite / Intel Corporation)
- Interactive Data Language (IDL) - IDL is a development environment for data visualization, 2D and 3D graphics, and image processing.
- IPTool - Freeware image processing toolkit for Windows
- Khoros - An integrated software environment for data exploration and visualization, visual programming and simulation, and sofware development.
- LEADTOOLS Imaging Development Toolkit
- commercial toolkit that supports loading, saving, converting, and processing
of color, greyscale, and document images - Windows-based
commercial toolkit that ( LEAD Technologies, Inc.)
- LookingGlass Real-time ImageProcessing System
- multithreaded PC-based image proccessing environment that supports realtime video processing.
LookingGlass is an Image Processing Environment for developing imaging applications and for research and development of new image system. LookingGlass supports real-time live video processing from VideoForWindow compatible device, and also supports BMP, JPG, GIF89 and AVI or user can write a dll to support other vdo format or image acquisition device. LookingGlass can produce AVI file, sequence of BMP or JPG files, or just display images to screen, or users can write a dll to do what ever output they want. LookingGlass is derived from RobotVision2(http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/psksvp/rv2.htm), so LookingGlass uses the pipeline idea and support using the same IP-DLL as RobotVision2. (by PongSuvan)
- Matlab Pyramid Tools
- MatLab tools for multi-scale (pyramid) image decomposition.
This includes Laplacian pyramids, QMFs/wavelets, and steerable pyramids as well as fast convolution routines, histogram tools, and synthetic image generation.
- Matrox Imaging - Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) is a development toolkit for machine vision, medical imaging and image analysis. ActiveMIL, a collection of ActiveX controls for managing image capture, transfer, processing, analysis and display is bundled with MIL. Additional software includes Matrox Inspector, an interactive Microsoft® Windows®-based prototyping tool and an intelligent camera interface utility.
- Microsoft Vision SDK - Visual C++ library for vision which defines an image object and supports digitizer independent image acquisition.
- Multi-Threaded Image Processing - commercial Image Processing Environment with ISO12087 based "drag and drop" modules and a powerful API for C,C++ programming of own modules. ( Dynamic Imaging AS)
- NeatVision: An Image Analysis & Software Development Environment
- NeatVision is a Java based image analysis and software development environment.
It provides high level access to a wide range of machine vision algorithms
through a well defined and easy to use graphical interface. NeatVision is
distributed as a shareware product.
NeatVision contains over 200 image and general data processing algorithms. Users can extend the core NeatVision library using the developers interface, a plug-in which features, automatic source code generation, compilation with full error feedback and dynamic algorithm updates. The Developers interface supports algorithm development based on Java AWT Imaging, Java 2D Imaging and Java Advanced Imaging. NeatVision is primarily an image processing application and offers an extensive range of image analysis and visualisation tools (these include zoom, pseudo colour, intensity scan, histogram and 3D profile mesh). In addition, the ability to read and write a wide range of image file formats is supported. ( Vision Systems Laboratory / Dublin City University)
- Commercial Windows-based image processing system for automatic presence
verification, bar and DataMatrix code reading, character and pattern recognition,
robot guidance and gauging.
NeuroCheck® is the complete framework for configuring and operating industrial visual quality control systems. Its powerful graphical tools enable the user to easily develop solutions within a familiar Windows - based environment to achieve rapid system integration into production line processes. ( DS GmbH)
- Nuages - A 3-D shape from contour package.
- Optimas: Analytical Imaging
- Complete commercial image-analysis program for Windows used in biological and industrial measurement environments.
Optimas implements hundreds of measurement, image processing, and image management operations, all available from the graphical user interface. Optimas is designed for the imaging professional who needs the ability to prototype and quickly develop custom imaging solutions, and therefore includes an integrated development environment enabling one to record, edit, and debug macros. It is being used the world over to develop cutting-edge solutions to imaging problems. An Automation Server and Client (formerly known as "OLE Automation") Optimas also allows itself to be controlled via VB or any Automation Client, and conversely can control Excel or any Automation Server via an elegant syntax. Help is richly linked and context-sensitive. ( Media Cybernetics)
- Image manipulation toolkit.
This is the standard toolkit for Unix, it converts between dozens of formats. A version with many more features called NetPBM is also available, but may not be as easy to install. Some NetPBM patches are available.
- Perl Data Language - An extension to perl that implements fast, compact manipulation of large, N-dimensional data arrays for scientific computing and image processing.
- PiXCL and geoPiXCL - A commercial image processing scripting language and Win9x/NT/2000 EXE builder for TWAIN scanner and digital camera image sources. geoPiXCL adds geographic imagery extensions. IP and geo library APIs are available. (by Stewart DIBBS)
- RobotVision2 - real-time image processing software that uses any VideoForWindow(VFW) compatible camera as the image source (by Pong Suvan / Northeastern University)
- RobotVisionCAD(RvCAD) is an Image Processing Environment for developing
imaging applications and for research and development of new image system.
RobotVisionCAD(RvCAD) is an Image Processing Environment for developing imaging applications and for research and development of new image system. RvCAD supports real-time live video processing from VideoForWindow compatible device, and also supports BMP, JPG, GIF89 and AVI or user can write a dll to support other vdo format or image acquisition device. RvCAD can also produce AVI file, sequence of BMP or JPG files, or just display images to screen, or users can write a dll to output images to whatever device they'd like. RvCAD is similar to an electonic logic gate simulation Program. Users drag and drop RvCadProcessor components from the left tree view then connect them together to build an ImageProcessing pipeline. (by pong suvan)
- SDC Morphology Toolbox for Matlab - Matlab add-on: Gray-scale morphological tools for image segmentation, non-linear filtering, pattern recognition and image analysis: watershed, Euclidean distance transform, top-hat, reconstruction. (many real-life demonstrations)
- SpikeNet Technology - (Company) Vendor of SpikeNet, a biologically-inspired computer vision system for object detection, recognition, and related applications. (by Simon Thorpe / Centre de Recherche Cerveau & Cognition)
- The Delft Scientific Image Processing Library
- DIPlib is a scientific image processing library written in C. It contains
a large number of functions for processing and analysing multi dimensional
The library provides functions for performing transforms, filter operations, object generation, and statistical analysis of images. (by Michael van Ginkel, Geert van Kempen, Cris Luengo Hendriks, Lucas van Vliet Geert van Kempen Cris Luengo Hendriks Lucas van Vliet / Pattern Recognition Group / Delft University of Technology)
- The Image Processing Tool Kit - Comprehensive set of image processing and analysis routines in the form of Photoshop-compatible plug-ins for Mac and PC, with extensive tutorial. (commercial package $$) (by Chris Russ, John Russ)
- A set of vision algorithm development libraries written in C
TINA is the result of over 50 man years of vision research. It is a set of libraries providing many levels of infrastructure for people wishing to develop vision algorithms. It contains a vast array of code from image reading and writing to depth estimation from stereo pairs. TINA is used as an on-going research tool by several vision research groups in the UK. It is written in C and has been compiled on many UNIX platforms including Sun workstations, HP workstations and PCs running Linux flavours. It requires only the basic UNIX system, a current gcc compiler and the X graphics libraries.
- USB camera driver toolkit for LabVIEW
- USB cameras and video capture devices are now included in the LabVIEW programming world.
INVENTvisionVFW 1.0 gives you the power to view and capture any VFW (Video For Windows) video devices in any programming language that can interface to activex technology. INVENTvisionVFW can be implemented in VB, VC++, G (LabVIEW) programming environments. This mean that USB cameras and video capture devices are now included in the LabVIEW programming world. This product integrates and works with LabVIEW Picture Control and IMAQ. A real-time overlay is display on the activex control placed on the LabVIEW front Panel. Images can be captured to a 2D Array[U32], Visual Basic Picturebox, LabVIEW Picture Control or IMAQ Image. Images can be loaded from and saved to disk in BMP and JPG formats. (by George Miles / INVENTeering)
- Utah Raster Toolkit
- UNIX commands and C libraries for an 8 bits/pixel, 1-255 channel image format.
Contains a nice display tool for X11; it's fast, supports animation and zooms in on any image. Wes Barris' URT extensions are quite useful too.
- UTHSCSA ImageTool - free image processing and analysis program for windows.
- VASARI Image Processing Software - An optimised library in C/C++ running on Unix. Its strengths are handling high-resolution images and colour spaces. Automatically parallel on SMP systems. ( Intelligence Agents and Multimedia Research Group (IAM) / University of Southampton, UK)
- Video OCX - Windows-based interface for easy integration of video capture into your applications. It supports VFW video devices (USB cameras or framegrabber) AND AVI sequences as image sources. ( vision pearls GbR)
- Vista - A flexible library of C-routines, command-line filters, and Motif widgets for image representation and manipulation.
- VISU - Tcl/Tk toolkit for visualization and interactive segmentation of 2D gray-scale images
- Visus Imaging - Image analysis toolkit and complete systems aimed at researchers and microscopists in Biomedical and Material Sciences. (commercial product $$) (Foresthill Products)
- WiT - Visual programming environment for image processing (demo).
- XCaliper - Commercial Windows NT software toolkit for machine vision and thermal imaging applications. ( FSI Automation)
- XMegaWave, an Image Processing Environment
- a freeware graphical windows environment oriented towards image processing,
where the user can create his own function in a very easy way.
Some european universities have developed a freeware image processing environment, named XMegaWave (XMW). It runs on Unix workstations or Linux machines, running Motif and X11 windows libraries. XMW includes some classical procedures for image processing (edge detection, segmentation, morphological filters). But the important thing is that XMW is also a programming library, where the user can implement his own image processing algorythm in C in a very very very easy way. The time needed to write the code and debug it is very short, so you can obtain results rapidly. Besides, XMW is a pedagogic tool suitable for using in image processing classes. It can be explained in just one class, and the students can easily implement any kind of image filter. (Image Mathematical Analysys Group (AMI) / University Las Palmas )
- XVision visual tracking software Application independent, configurable interface to high-speed tools for visual feature tracking. Uses include tracking a person's eyes and mouth, gesture recognition. Contains interfaces to many popular cameras and frame grabbers. (by Greg Hager / Computational Interaction with Physical Systems)
Check Eero's home page for a tar file. (by Eero Simoncelli)
- Carina - commercial package for recognizing license plates (Adaptive Recognition Hungary)
- Grabbo: vision-based MIDI controller - Grabbo uses orientation histograms for realtime image matching and 3D interpolation. MIDI output. Free demo version for BeOS. (Tebo Software)
- IEEE-1394 Digital Camera Windows Driver
- Windows device driver and C/C++ software library for IEEE-1394 digital cameras.
The web site also contains a demo program, documentation, example images, links, and other information. IEEE-1394 digital cameras are an ideal solution for acquiring high quality images with a regular laptop computer. (by Iwan Ulrich / Mobile Robot Programming Lab / Carnegie Mellon University)
- MeteorCapture - Application to capture video to memory or disk using PC and Matrox Meteor (written using Visual C++). (by Ross Cutler / Computer Vision Lab / UMCP)
- Modular Flow Scheduling Middleware
- An open source, windows-based framework for developing programs with
good software engineering qualities. It has been used for developing real-time
Modular Flow Scheduling Middleware is an open source implementation of a generic, modular, extensible software architecture for dataflow processing of datastreams. It provides a framework for the implementation of algorithms and development of applications with desirable software engineering qualities, such as efficiency, scalability, extensibility, reusability, interoperability. (Windows - VC++) (by Alexandre RJ Francois / IMSC / IRIS / University of Southern California)
- PicDB - an image database system with query by image content capabilities.
- Real-time Head Tracking - automatic real-time head-tracking in video images. ( vision pearls GbR)
- Renoir - 3D reconstruction from photos
- 3D reconstruction from photos. 3D photomontage. ($$ payware $$ - free
demo version available). Mainly useful for computer graphics, but uses some
computer vision techniques
Model of an object is created manually from parametric blocks. Corresponding edges are marked on images and model. Camera and model parameters are reconstructed through minimization of distance between projected edges of model and corresponding edges, marked on photos. (by Ildar Valiev / Integra, Inc.)
- RRCapture - a video capture program used to capture uncompressed image sequences using a PC configured with a 1 to 3 Bitflow RoadRunner digital frame grabbers. (by Ross Cutler / Computer Vision Lab / University of Maryland)
- Verifinger - Fingerprint processing and recognition - SDK for fingerprint processing and recognition ( Neurotechnologija Ltd.)
- VisualMouse - Our software translates user's head motion into the motion of the cursor on the screen, by processing the image from a web cam
- Zaxel 3D Imaging Systems - Zaxel's 3D Imaging Systems create an infinite number of virtual cameras around the object or moving subject from a limited number of real camera inputs.