李阳疯狂英语突破对话(40)-不要拐弯抹角

 
  11. Don’t Beat around the Bush不要拐弯抹角
 
BACKGROUND 背景
 
One friend is telling another bad news.
一个人在向他的朋友讲述坏消息。
 
 
A: I’ve been waiting for an hour! Where have you been?
我都等了一个小时了!你去哪了?
 
B: I got stuck in traffic on the way back from Joe’s office.
我在从乔的办公室回来的路上遇到了塞车。
 
A: Okay. Tell me exactly what Joe said. Don’t beat around the bush. Give it to me straight.
好吧。确切地告诉我乔都说了些什么。别拐弯抹角,直截了当地说出来。
 
B: Hold your horses! I’ll tell you in a minute. Let me catch my breath. I just got here and I told you traffic was terrible.
耐心地等一下!待会儿就告诉你。让我先缓口气。我刚到这儿,而且我告诉你了,交通阻塞。
 
A: You can do that later. Tell me. What did Joe say?
你待会儿再休息。告诉我,乔说了什么?
 
B: Do you really want to know? Even if it’s bad news?
你真想知道吗?连坏消息也想知道?
 
A: Of course I do. Just tell me.
当然。你就说吧。
 
B: Okay. If you really want to know. He said you always try to pull the wool over his eyes. He thinks you are dishonest.
好。如果你真想知道的话。他说你总是试图欺骗他。他觉得你不够诚实。
 
A: What? That’s not true! Perhaps I exaggerate a little. But that’s all. I’ve never tried to deceive him.
什么?那不是真的!也许我是夸张了点,仅此而已,但我从未试图要骗他的。
 
B: Why don’t you do what I do?
为什么不学学我呢?
 
A: What’s that?
什么?
 
B: Take his remark with a grain of salt.
对他的话半信半疑。
 
A: That’s easy for you to say, he’s not your boss!
你说起来容易,他又不是你的老板!
 
B: Yeah, but I’ve known him for ten years. I’m telling you, his comment isn’t worth worrying about.
对,但是我跟他交往有十年了。我告诉你,他的话不值得你担心。
 
A: I hope you’re right.
我希望你是对的。
 
额外成就感
 
beat around the bush: speak indirectly, evasively
说话拐弯抹角☆☆☆☆☆
* I wish you would say what he really means and not always beat around the bush.
我希望你说出他的真正意思,不要总是拐弯抹角的。
* You don’t have to beat around the bush. Just tell me what the problem is so I can fix it.
你不必跟我兜圈子。直接说出你的问题,我好解决。
 
hold one’s horses: wait patiently instead of going forward
耐心等待☆☆☆☆☆
* My boss told me to hold my horses about my promotion.
我的上司告诉我要耐心等待升职的机会。
A: Give me the money. I want to pay the bill.
把钱给我,我要买单。
B: Hold your horses. Let’s have another cup of tea first.
先别急。我们再喝杯茶。
 
catch one’s breath: rest for a moment 休息一会儿;缓口气☆☆☆
* When I reached the top of the hill, I was so tired that I had to stop for a minute and catch my breath.
当我爬到山顶时累极了,就停下来休息了一会儿。
* I need to stop and catch my breath for a minute before I tell you the story.
我要先停下来喘口气,再告诉你发生的一切。
 
pull the wool over someone’s eyes:  deceive someone
蒙蔽;欺骗某人☆☆☆☆
* I’m sure that she is pulling the wool over my eyes when she says she’s been in the library studying all day.
她说她一整天都在图书馆学习,我肯定她是在骗我。
* Don’t think you can pull the wool over my eyes. I know all your tricks.
别蒙人了。我知道你的把戏。
 
take something with a grain of salt: only half believe something someone has said 半信半疑;不全盘接受☆☆☆☆
* Jim is a verynice guy, but I’ve learned to take everything he says with a grain of salt.
吉姆这人不错,但是我渐渐意识到他的话只能信一半。
* The salesgirl told me I looked nice in this dress, but I take her compliment with a grain of salt because I’m sure she works on commission.
售货员小姐说我穿这件衣服特别好看,但是对她的奉承话我只信一半,因为我敢肯定她卖衣服是有佣金的。
 
  • 0
    点赞
  • 0
    收藏
    觉得还不错? 一键收藏
  • 0
    评论
项目:使用 JavaScript 编写的杀死幽灵游戏(附源代码) 杀死鬼魂游戏是使用 Vanilla JavaScript、CSS 和 HTML 画布开发的简单项目。这款游戏很有趣。玩家必须触摸/杀死游荡的鬼魂才能得分。您必须将鼠标悬停在鬼魂上 - 尽量得分。鬼魂在眨眼间不断从一个地方移动到另一个地方。您必须在 1 分钟内尽可能多地杀死鬼魂。 游戏制作 这个游戏项目只是用 HTML 画布、CSS 和 JavaScript 编写的。说到这个游戏的特点,用户必须触摸/杀死游荡的幽灵才能得分。游戏会根据你杀死的幽灵数量来记录你的总分。你必须将鼠标悬停在幽灵上——尽量得分。你必须在 1 分钟内尽可能多地杀死幽灵。游戏还会显示最高排名分数,如果你成功击败它,该分数会在游戏结束屏幕上更新。 该游戏包含大量的 javascript 以确保游戏正常运行。 如何运行该项目? 要运行此游戏,您不需要任何类型的本地服务器,但需要浏览器。我们建议您使用现代浏览器,如 Google Chrome 和 Mozilla Firefox。要玩游戏,首先,单击 index.html 文件在浏览器中打开游戏。 演示: 该项目为国外大神项目,可以作为毕业设计的项目,也可以作为大作业项目,不用担心代码重复,设计重复等,如果需要对项目进行修改,需要具备一定基础知识。 注意:如果装有360等杀毒软件,可能会出现误报的情况,源码本身并无病毒,使用源码时可以关闭360,或者添加信任。
评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值