Buy 和 Purchase 作动词区别:
Essentially, both the terms mean to acquire something against money. However, there is some difference between them, specifically regarding the contexts in which they may be used.
从本质上说,这两个词都意味着用金钱来获取某种东西。然而它们之间有一些区别,特别是在它们使用的语境方面。
“Buy” is considered a general term, which is most commonly used to refer to everyday goods and commodities.
"Buy"是一个通用词,常用来指日常商品和日用品。
- I bought a new phone.我买了一部新手机。
- Where did you buy that dress?那件连衣裙你是在哪里买的?
Purchase is considered to be a more formal word than buy. Purchasing is often used to refer to contracts and big products, whereas buying is inferred for small products.
"Purchase"被认为是一个比“buy”更正式的词。它通常涉及到合同范畴或者大件产品,而“buy”一般是指小产品。
- I purchased a piece of land.我买了一块地。
- The government purchased a huge defense contract.政府购买了一份庞大的国防合同。
Still, it must be noted that in daily usage,aside from those minor differences though, the two verbs are pretty much synonymous.
不过,必须指出的是,在日常使用中,除了这些细微的差别之外,这两个动词几乎是同义的。
例:
- I bought a new book. 我买了一本新书。
- I purchased a new book.我买了一本新书。
Buy 和 Purchase 作名词区别:
However,as nouns, we can't always substitute "buy" for "purchase".
然而,作为名词时,一般不用"buy"来代替"purchase"。
For instance, if I say I bought some furniture, you could ask me "How much did that purchase cost you?" but not "how much did that buy cost you?".
例如,如果我说我买了一些家具,你可以问我“这个买卖花了你多少钱?”但不能说“这个buy你花了多少钱?”。
And if anyone tells you something was "a great buy", it means he got a great deal, that is, an excellent low price, a bargain.
如果有人告诉你某件东西是“一笔大买卖”,意味着他得到了一笔大买卖,也就是说,一个极好的低价,一笔好的交易。
现在你能区别这两个词了吗?