——女孩子不会忘记第一个喜欢过的男孩。甚至是尴尬的过去。
A girl will never forget the first boy she likes。Even if things don’t quite work out.
——但通常会有人来说些安抚神伤的智慧话语。
But usually someone is there to office words of wisdom.
——你知道那小男孩为什么这么做这么说吗?因为他喜欢你。
…do you know why that Little boy did those things and said those things?it’s because he likes you.
——就是这样,这就是我们纠结的开端。
And there it is.That’s the beginning of our problem.
——这个小男孩欺负你,是因为他迷上你了。
That Little boy is doing those terrible because he’s got a crush on you.
——你知道这什么意思?我们都被鼓励着去……不,是被设定了……去相信这个事实——如果一个男人做点蠢事……就意味着他喜欢你。
Do you know what this means?we’re all encourage…no,programmed …to believe that if a guy acts like a total jerk…that means he likes you.
——问题是这样的:只因他太爱你了。你这么漂亮又如此迷人。没错,他处理不来。
Here’s the problem:he likes you too much。You’re too pretty and too awesome. Yes,he can’t handle it .
——显然,那个叫phi delt 的喜欢你。我肯定他只是弄丢了你的号码。
That Phi Delt so obviously liked you 。I’m sure he just lost your number.
——他不敢约你出去,是因为他被你成功的事业吓到了。
He’s not asking you out because he’s intimidated by your professional success.
——他不约你,是被你丰富的感情经历吓到了。
He’s not asking you out ,because he’s scarf you emotional maturity.
——相信我,这只是因为他刚结束一段刻骨铭心的感情。
Trust me,it’s because he’s just getting out of a serious relationship.
——相信我,这是因为他从未有过一段刻骨铭心的感情。
Trust me,it’s because he’s had a serious relationship.
——他可能忘了你住哪间茅舍。或者被狮子吃掉了。
I’m sure he just forget your hut number. Or was eaten by a lion.
——为什么我们要说这些互相安慰的话?可能是因为我们害怕……也很难开口承认这个明显的事实……这都写在大家脸上了。
Why do we say this stuff to each other?is it possible that it’s because we’re too scared…and it’s too hard to say the one obvious truth…that’s staring everyone in the face?