NAMEgluCylinder -- draw a cylinder
void gluCylinder(GLUquadricObj *qobj, GLdouble baseRadius, GLdouble topRadius, GLdouble height, GLint slices, GLint stacks)
- Specifies the quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric).
- Specifies the radius of the cylinder at z = 0.
- Specifies the radius of the cylinder at z = height.
- Specifies the height of the cylinder.
- Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis.
- Specifies the number of subdivisions along the z axis.
DESCRIPTIONgluCylinder draws a cylinder oriented along the z axis. The base of the cylinder is placed at z = 0, and the top at z = height. Like a sphere, a cylinder is subdivided around the z axis into slices, and along the z axis into stacks.
Note that if topRadius is set to zero, then this routine will generate a cone.
If the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE (with gluQuadricOrientation), then any generated normals point away from the z axis. Otherwise, they point toward the z axis.
If texturing is turned on (with gluQuadricTexture), then texture coordinates are generated so that t ranges linearly from 0.0 at z = 0 to 1.0 at z = height, and s ranges from 0.0 at the +y axis, to 0.25 at the +x axis, to 0.5 at the -y axis, to 0.75 at the -x axis, and back to 1.0 at the +y axis.
SEE ALSOgluDisk, gluNewQuadric, gluPartialDisk, gluQuadricTexture, gluSphere
back to the OpenGL index page
© 1995 Uwe Behrens All rights reserved