2013-04-30《第九课情景对话》

Dialogue 1:
A: Tommy, you've been getting pretty good grades this year.
    汤米,你今年的成绩相当不错。
B: Thank you, Mr. Reynolds.
    谢谢你的夸奖,雷诺先生。
A: Have you thought about what you want to do for your future?
    你是否想过将来要干什么?
B: I guess I'll go to college.
    我想我会去读大学。
A: Do you have any more specific plans about career?       
    你有没有关于事业方面的明确计划?
B: Not really.
    没有真正计划过。
A: What do you like to do? What are your interests?
    你喜欢干什么?你对什么感兴趣?
B: Well...I like animals.
    喔.....我喜欢动物。
A: Good! I suggest you start thinking about careers with animals.
    那很好!我建议你开始考虑与动物有关的职业。
B: Like what?
    譬如什么?
A: Perhaps a veterinarian would be an interesting job for you.       
    作一名兽医对你来说可能会是一种很有趣的职业。
B: Maybe you're right. I'll think about it.
    可能你都说得对。我会考虑的。
A: Okay. Let me know if I can give you any advice in that direction.         
    好的。如果在那方面我可以给你些建议的话,就告诉我。


 

 

Dialogue 2:
A: How was the game, son?
    儿子,比赛得怎样?
B: It was rotten, Dad. We lost.        
    糟糕透了,爸爸。我们输了。
A: That bad, huh? What happened?
    那么糟糕吗,嗯?发生什么事了?
B: Everything you could imagine! And it was partly my fault.      

    你可以想象得到!而且我该负责一部分责任。
A: Why do you say that?
    为什么说这话?
B: I dropped an easy catch right at the beginning of the game.
    在比赛刚开始时,我失了一个容易接到的球。
A: And that alone lost the game?
    仅仅因为那个就使你们输了吗?
B: No, but I made other dumb mistakes too.
    不是,但我还犯了其他可笑的错误。
A: Well, can I give you some advice?
    好吧,那我可以给你一些建议吗?
B: Sure.
    可以。
A: Forget about it. Forget about those mistakes.
    忘记它吧。把那些错误都忘记吧。
B: Why? I really messed up.
    为什么?我真的打得很糟糕透了。
A: Learn from them, but don't dwell on them. Everyone makes mistakes.   
    从中吸取教训,但不要老想着它们。每个人都会犯错误。
B: Easier said than done.
   说起来简单,可做起来就难。
A: Maybe, but if you dwell on your mistakes, you'll not have the confidence to do better in the future.
    可能是这样,但如果你老想着犯的错误,你就会失去信心,将来就不可能做得更好。

 

 

Dialogue 3:
A: Oh, hi there, Margaret.
    嘿,梅格丽特。
B: Hi there, neighbor. I was wondering something.
    嘿,邻居。我正在想些事情。
A: What were you wondering?
    你在想什么?
B: I wanted to know how you get your lawn to look so good.      
    我想知道,你是怎样把你的草坪剪得这么好看的。
A: What do you mean?
    你是指哪方面?
B: I mean you have no weeds and perfect color. How do you do it?      
    我是指,你的草坪没有杂草而且颜色很好。你是怎样做到的?
A: A lot of time and effort is essential. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.    

    大量的时间和努力是必要的。如果我是你,我不会担心这个。
B: Why is that?
    为什么那样说?
A: Because you're happy. You've got a nice family and a good career.
    因为你很开心。你有一个温馨的家庭和一份好工作。
B: So why does that matter?
    那又有什么关系?
A: My advice to you is to enjoy those things. My life is empty and gray. I have plenty of time to garden.
    我建议你享受你所拥有的东西。我的生活既空虚又灰暗。所以我有充足的时间去料理我的花园。
B: That's too bad. Enjoy your lawn. I'm going to play with my kids. Bye.
    那太惨了。我希望你能从你的草坪中获得乐趣。我要去和我的孩子们玩了。再见。

 

 


Dialogue 4:
A: Ernie, what are you doing in the closet?
    Ernie,你在衣柜里干什么?
B: I'm trying to decide what fishing gear to take for our trip. What do you suggest?
    我在想旅行时带什么样的鱼竿。你有什么建议吗?
A: I suggest you come out of the closet.
    我建议你从衣柜出来。
B: I meant what fishing gear would you suggest we bring?
    我是指,你建议我们带什么样的鱼竿?
A: Any pole will do, but I prefer a thicker one. And bring some colorful bait.    

    哪支都一样。但我更喜欢粗一点。还记得带一些五颜六色的鱼饵。
B: Sounds good to me.I've got a pretty thick pole.
    听起来是个好主意,我已经找到了一支相当粗的了。
A: I know, but this trip isn't really about fishing.
    我知道,但这次旅行不是单单为了钓鱼。
B: It's not?
    不是吗?
A: Of course it's not. It's about us spending more time together and enjoying each other's company.
   当然不是。这是为了让我们有更多的共处时间,分享相伴的快乐。
B: Well, that's true. By the way, you did a good job of planning.
   说得对,顺便说一下,你计划的很好。
A: I like to be on top of things. Have you put everything in the car?
    我喜欢把事情都安排得妥妥当当。你把所有的东西都放进车里了吗?
B: Almost. Do you think you have room for my pole?
   差不多了。你认为有地方给我放鱼竿吗?
A: It's long, but I think I can make it fit. Okay, let's go.
    虽然它很长,但我想可以放得下。好的。我们走吧。

 

 


Dialogue 5:
A: Joyce, can I talk to you for a moment?It's about your test grades.
    Joyce,我可以和你谈一会儿吗?是关于你的考试成绩的。
B: Oh, yeah. they're pretty bad.
    哦,好的。我考得很糟糕。
A: Yes, I know, but you do well in class and on homework. Why are your test scores so bad?
    是的,我知道。但你的课堂表现和作业都很好。为什么你的考试成绩那么糟糕?
B: I don't know. Maybe I just had some bad luck.
    我都不知道。可能我的运气不好。
A: I don't think so. Look at this test. You didn't even answer these last six questions.You could at least guess at the answer.
    我不这样认为。看试卷。你连最后六个题目都没做。你至少可以猜出答案。
B: I just get so nervous, that I can't think straight.      
   我当时很紧张,所以想不出来。
A: Oh, I see.
    哦,我明白了。
B: I don't know what to do.
    我不知道该怎么办?
A: Try to relax. Excrise before taking the test to get out some nervous energy.  
    Take deep breaths before you start.
    尽量放轻松点。在考试前做些运功就不会紧张了。在开始前深呼吸。
B: That's some good advice. Maybe I'll try it.
    那是个好建议。或许我会试一下。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值