2013-05-05《第十九课情景对话》

Dialogue 1:

A: I can't believe what happened,Dad.
    爸爸,我几乎不敢相信发生的事情。
B: Why? What happened?
    为什么?发生什么事了?
A: I lost in the science fair.
    我在科技展览会上输了。
B: No,you didn't.You got second place.
    不,你没输。你获得了第二名。
A: I should have got first place. The winning exhibit wasn't as good as mine.
   我本可以获得第一名的。获得第一名的作品都没我的作品好。
B: I think you're right,son.
    我想你说得对,孩子。
A: Life's not fair.
    生活真是不公平。
B: That's true. It's important that you learn that lesson.
    的确如此,你懂得这个道理,这对你很重要。
A: That doesn't make me feel any better.
    但那并没有使我好过些。
B: You should see that the important thing is that you did do a better job,
    even if you didn't win. That's what counts.
    你该看到,即使你没有赢,重要的是你比以前做得好。那才是真正的意义所在。
A: Really?
    真的吗?
B: Of course it does. You can't always win,but if you keep doing well,  it will work out  
  in the long run.
    当然是真的。你不可能总是赢,但假如你坚持一直做好,长远来讲,你始终会有回报的。
A: Thanks, Dad. That makes me feel a little better.
    谢谢你,爸爸。那让我感觉好一点了。
B: No problem.You mom's fixing dinner, so we'd better hurry home.
    没问题的。你妈妈在做饭了。我们最好快点回家吧。

 

 

Dialogue 2:
A: Why are you so sad, honey?
   亲爱的,为什么你这么不开心?
B: I miss my dog,Oscar.
   我想念我的小狗,奥斯卡。
A: I know you do, Linda. I miss Oscar too.
    我知道你想念它,琳达。我也想念奥斯卡。
B: Why did we give him to Grandma and Grandpa?
    为什么我们要把它交给爷爷和奶奶?
A: You know why. He was getting too big for our little house.?
    原因你也知道。对于我们的小房子来说。它长得太大了。
B: So what?  I wanted to play with him.
     那又怎样?我想跟它一起玩。
A: Don't you think that's a little selfish?
      你不觉得那有点自私吗?
B: Why is that selfish,Mommy?
    那样为什么叫自私,妈妈?
A: Isn't Oscar happier playing on that big farm with Grandpa?
    Don't you want him to be happy?
    难道奥斯卡在大农场里和爷爷奶奶玩就不开心吗?难道你不希望它开心吗?
B: Yes,but doesn't he miss me too?
    我当然能希望,但难道它不想我吗?
A: Of course,he does, but whenever we go visit Grandpa and Grandma, then you can see him.
    当然想你,但是每当我们去探望爷爷奶奶时,你就可以和它一起玩了。
B: I hope we go up there soon.
   我希望我们快点去。
A: We will, honey. We'll see them soon.
     我们会的,亲爱的。我们很快就可以见到他们了。
B: Good. Then I can play with Oscar.
    太好了。那样我又可以和奥斯卡一起玩了。

 

 

Dialogue 3:
A: Today was awful.
    今天真糟糕。
B: Have a seat and tell me about it.
      快坐下来告诉我。
A: I got fired from the store.
     我被商店老板解雇了。
B: The sporting goods store? Why?
     那个体育用品店吗?为什么?
A: The boss said I came in late too many times.
        老板说我迟到频繁。
B: Why were you late?
     什么你会迟到?
A: I had to finish a test at school.
      因为我得回学校参加考试。
B: That's not fair, but you didn't like that job anyway.
    那太不公平了,但话说回来,你不是不喜欢那份工作吗?
A: I know, but I needed the money to buy my Dad's car.
     我知道。但我需要钱来买我爸爸的那辆车。
B: Look at the bright side.
     向好的方面想吧。
A: What could be the bright side?
      好的方面是什么?
B: This job was getting in the way of school.
     You didn't like it anyway and you can always find another job.
     那份工作妨碍你上学。况且你又不喜欢它,你总能找到另一份工作的。
A: I guess that's reassuring.  I'm just annoyed right now.
     我猜你想安慰我吧。但我现在真的很气愤。
B: That's understandable.  Have a beer and forget about it.
    那可以理解。喝点啤酒然后把它忘了。
A: Thanks.  I could use a drink.
     谢谢。我的确需要点啤酒。
B: My friend works at restaurant,and they need people. We'll go over there tomorrow and   
    look for a job.
     我朋友在一家餐馆工作,他们需要人手。我们明天去看看能否在那儿找到一份工作。
A: That sounds good to me.
    那主意听起来不错。


 

 

Dialogue 4:
A: I can't believe I said that to your parents at dinner.
    我真不敢相信我竟然在吃饭时对你的父母说了那些话。
B: What? What did you say?
      什么?你说了什么?
A: That we have to work a lot for money righ now.
      我说我们现在不得不干许多活来赚钱。
B: What's wrong with saying that?  It's true.
      说那话有什么错?那是事实。
A: They'll think we're asking for a loan.
      他们会以为我们想借钱。
B: No, they wouldn't think that.
    不,他们不会那样想的。
A: They'll certainly think I'm not a good husband.
     但他们一定会认为我不是个好丈夫。
B: Why? They like you very much.
      为什么?他们非常喜欢你。
A: Because it seems like I can't provide for you.
      因为那听起来像是在说我不能供养你。
B: That's silly. They know we're just getting started in life.
      那太可笑了。他们知道我们刚开始我们的生活。
A: Maybe you're right.
    或许你说得对。
B: Of course. I'm right.I know my parents. Don't worry about it.
    我说的当然是对的。我了解我的父母。别担心。
A: Good. I guess that's reassuring  to know.
     太好了。知道这使我安心多了。

 

 

 

Dialogue 5:
A: Why are you so upset?
    你为什么那么沮丧?
B: I'm just worried. My grandfather is in the hospital.
      我只是担心罢了。我爷爷住院了。
A: Why? What's wrong with him?
     为什么?他发生什么事了?
B: He fell down yesterday and broke his leg.
     昨天他摔倒了,摔断了腿。
A: Oh,that's awful. I'm sure he'll recover.
    哦,那太糟糕了。我相信他会好的。
B: Maybe, but he's getting older, I worry about him.
    可能吧,但他越来越老了。我很担心他。
A: I feel the same way about my grandfather, but you shouldn't worry so much.
      我也担心我的爷爷,但你不必太担心。
B: Why?  I'm afraid that no one can take care of him in the future.
      为什么?我担心将来没人会照料他。
A: Your grandmother can take care of him. She's in good health and she's a very good person.
     你奶奶可以照料他。她身体很好,心地又善良。
B: That's some consolation, I suppose. I just feel bad that I don't have more time to look 
  after them.
     我希望我可以得到些安慰。但一想到我没法抽出更多时间照顾他们时我就感到很不开心。
A: They probably wouldn't want you to be tired down with them.
      他们可能不希望你被他们束镈。
B: You're right, but I still worry.
     你说得对,但我还是很担心。

  • 0
    点赞
  • 0
    收藏
    觉得还不错? 一键收藏
  • 0
    评论
评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值