2013-05-11《第二十六课情景对话》

Dialogue 1:

A:   We need to really study for tomorrow's history test.
      我们需要真正来准备一下明天的历史测验了。
B:   It's so tough . I can't remember all those dates.
      它是那么难,我记不准所有那些日子。
A:   Let's test each other. We'll make it like a game show.
      我们互相提问吧。我们就把它弄成像一个游戏节目一样。
B:   Okay.That sounds fun.
      好吧,听起来蛮有趣的。
A:   First question. When was the Declaration of Independence ?
      第一个问题:独立宣言什么时候发表?
B:   That's easy. July 4th,1776.
       那还不容易。1776年7月4日。
A:   Okay. Here's a harder one.When was Peal Harbor attacked?
      好的。再来个难一点的。珍珠港什么时候遇袭的?
B:   December 7th. Right?
      12月7日,对吗?
A:   What year? Tell me the year.
      哪一年?告诉我年份。
B:   1940.
      1940年。
A:   Wrong! It was 1941.
      错了!是1941年。
B:   See! It is too difficult.
      你看!太难了。
A:   You just need to relax. Most of the test isn't about dates anyway.
      你就是需要休息一下。不管怎么说,测验中大部分题目都不是关于日子的。
B:   Yes, but a lot of it is about dates.
      是的,但相当一部份是跟日子有关的。
A:   Don't worry. Relax and do the best you can.
      别担心,放松一点,做到最好。
B:   Easy for you to say.
      你说的就容易。

 


Dialogue 2:

A:  Wow! Our boss is really tough.
      哇!我们的老板让我们可真够呛的。
B:   Why? What happened now?
      怎么这么说?现在发生什么事啦?
A:   Remember that report on city tax Laws we had to do by December 15th?
      还记得12月15日之前我们要完成的那个关于市税法的报告吗?
B:   Of course I remember. We've only got three weeks left to finish it.
      当然记得。我们只剩3个星期来完成。
A:   Not anymore.
      不再是了。
B:   Why? Did he cancel it?
      什么?他取消了吗?
A:   No.He moved the deadline up to December 5th.
      不,他把上交限期提前到12月5日。
B:   That's less than two weeks away. We'll never finish it by then!
      那不是不到两个星期了吗?我们永远也不可能在那之前完成的!
A:   Staycalm [kɑm]. We'll just have to work overtime.
      保持镇静。我们将不得不加班了。
B:   I guess you're right. That means extra  hours in the office.
      我想你说的对。那就意味着在办公室加班了。
A:   I think we can do it. What's tomorrow's date?
      我想我们能做得到的。明天是在什么日子?
B:   Tomorrow is November 25th.
      明天是11月25日。
A:   We'll have to really start working faster.
      我们真的要开始把事情做快一点了。
B:   Yes,we do. I hope we can finish on time.
      是的。我希望我们能按时完成。
A:   I think we will. At least I hope so.
      我想能的。至少我希望能。


Dialogue 3:

A:   Ms. Fisher do you want your flight booked for the business convention?
      费雪女士,你要我为你预定去参加商务会议的机票吗?
B:   The one in Denver?  Yes,please do that,Cathy.
      丹佛那个吗?要的,请帮我订吧,凯西。
A:   What date do you want to leave by?
      你想哪一天走呢?
B:   Well, the convention starts on the 24th of March, but I wanted some time to see Denver. 
      大会是从3月24日开始,但我想多点时间看看丹佛。
A:   How about I book a flight for the 22nd?
      订22日的机票怎么样?
B:   No, I want more time to see Denver. I want to fly out on the 20th.
      不,我还要多一点时间看看丹佛。我想20日就出发。
A:   You've got a meeting scheduled on the 20th. Do you want to cancel ['k?nsl] the meeting?
      你20日已经安排了一个会议。你想取消那个会议吗?
B:   Who's the meeting with?
      是跟哪些人开会?
A:   It's with the mayor's office.
      是市长办公室的人。
B:   No.That's too important to cancel. Go ahead and reserve my flight for the 22nd.
      那就不要取消了,这个会议太重要。就订22日的航班吧。
A:   I'll get right on it.
      我会办好的。
B:   Thanks, Cathy.
      谢谢,凯西。

 


Dialogue 4:

A:   When does our college have spring vacation this year?
      我们学校今年什么时候放春假?
B:   Let me look at my calendar. I wrote it down.
      让我看看我的日历,我记下来了。
A:   We get two weeks off, right?
      我们会有2个星期的假期,对吗?
B:   I think so.
      是的。
A:   Did you find it on your calendar yet?
      你在你的日历上找到了吗?
B:   Yes. Here it is. Our spring break is from April 2nd to April 16th.
      是的,就在这儿。我们的春假是从4月2日到4月16日。
A:   Good. That's exactly two weeks.
      好的。那就恰好2个星期。
B:   Where are you going?
      你打算去哪里?
A:   I'll go home for a week, and then go to Florida.
      我会回家一个星期,然后去佛罗里达。
B:   You're going to the beach?
      你要到海滩去吗?
A:   Yeah, it's going to be fun.
      是的,那一定很好玩。
B:   I bet so, but as fun as Mexico.
      我想是的,但不会有墨西哥那么好玩。
A:   You're going to Mexico?
      你要去墨西哥吗?
B:   I've saved money all year with my friends.
      我跟我的朋友已经攒了一年的钱了。
A:   You're so lucky.
      你真幸运。

 

 


Dialogue 5:

A:   Welcome to The Corner Bookstore. Can I help you?
      欢迎光临转角书店。有什么可以帮忙的吗?
B:   Yes, I ordered a book about pottery  two weeks ago. Is it in yet?
      是的,我两星期前订购了一木关于陶瓷的书。现在有了吗?
A:   Let me look on our computer.
      让我在电脑上查查。
B:   It's written by Susan Potter.
      是苏珊伯特写的。
A:   When did you place the order?
      你是什么时候下订单的?
B:   August 11th.
      8月11日。
A:   I see. It's been delayed due to shortages
      我知道了,那本书由于缺货要迟些才到。
B:   When will it get here?
      那这里什么时候才有呢?
A:   I think it should be here within 6 weeks.
      我想6个星期以内就会有货的。
B:   But that's the middle of October. I need this book for a class.
      但那已经是十月中旬了。我需要这木书上课。
A:   I'm sorry. Would you like to cancel your order?
      对不起。你要取消你的订单吗?
B:   No, I'll just wait until it gets here.
      不,我就等到这里有货为止吧。
A:   Okay. Sorry about that.  Have a good day.
      好的,真抱歉,走好。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值