2013-06-07《第57课情景对话》

Dialogue 1:

A: Look at those guys over there.
    瞧瞧那边那些人。
B: I see them. What about them is important?
    看见了。他们怎么拉?
A: They really annoy me. They take off their shirts and flex in front of their mirror.
    看着就烦。脱了衣服,站在镜子前面弯着胳膊,显摆肌肉。
B: I guess they’re proud of how they look.
    我觉得他们对自己的肌肉现状感到很自信吧。
A: They’re vain. It’s so stupid. They’re ridiculous people.
    他们那是虚荣心作崇,要多傻有多傻!白痴一样。
B: Don’t you look at yourself in the mirror too?
    这话说的,难道你就不照镜子吗?
A: Sure. Most people do. But I’m subtle about it.  /?s?tl/
    我也照啊,是人都照啊。但我也不是这么张扬的照啊。
B: What’s the difference?
    有什么区别吗?
A: I don’t look silly in public. That’s the difference.
    我才不在公共场合出洋相呢,这就是区别。
B: That’s just image. Why worry about your image so much?
    那只不过是外表。为什么你对自己的形象这么在乎呢?
A: I’ll give you another reason. It’s unhealthy.
    那我再給你一个理由。这样做是不健康的。
B: It’s unhealthy to look in the mirror?
     照镜子会不健康?
A: No, it’s unhealthy to have your shirt off in the gym like that.
    They get sweat all over the machines. The sweat is nasty and spreads disease.
    不是,我是说在健身房里像他们那样把上衣脱掉是不健康的。
    他们弄得健身器材到处是汗水。汗水很肮脏而且会传播疾病。
B: I can see that. It is pretty gross to find sweat all over something.
    我明白你在说什么。东西上到处都是汗渍是件非常让人讨厌的事情。
A: That’s why I bring a towel, to wipe up my sweat.
    那就是为什么我带来一条毛巾,用来给自己擦汗。
B: That seems reasonable.
    看来这样做挺有道理。

 

 

 

Dialogue 2:

A: There are some big guys in here.
    这里有几个大块头。
B: I know. They must work out all the time.
    我知道。他们肯定整天都在锻炼。
A: Not necessarily. Some of that is just genetics.   

    那也不一定,有些人天生就这样。
B: They’re not born muscular.   
    他们不可能一生下来,就肌肉发达。
A: No, but they’re born with the ability to get that muscular if they exercise.
    不是。但他们生来就有这种能力,要是他们锻炼,他们就可以变得肌肉很发达。
B: Maybe I should just give up. I probably don’t have genes. 
    也许我应该放弃,我大概没那种天赋。
A: That’s not what I’m saying. You’ll get bigger. But maybe not huge.
    我可没这样说。你肯定能结实一些,但可能不会变成大块头。
B: I suppose that’s fine. I don’t want to get real big.
    那就行。我还不想成一个真正的大块头。
A: You could take special drugs to get bigger.
    你可以吃一些特效药,让自己的肌肉更发达一些。
B: Yes. But that is dangerous. I don’t want to mess with that stuff.
    我知道,可是那太冒险了,我可不想沾上那种东西。
A: That’s good. Anyway, there are other better ways to get bigger.
    少年,很有底线嘛,不管怎样,还有一些别的更好的使肌肉发达的方法。
B: I don’t know much about that kind of thing. Give me an example.
    关于这些东西我懂得不多。能不能具体点。
A: If you eat certain foods like beef a lot and lift weights in certain ways,
    it can make you get bigger than you normally would be.
    如果你吃大量的,,,,比如牛肉,然后以特定的方式去举重,
    就能使你的肌肉变得比正常情况下更发达一些。
B: That sounds kind of complicated.
    那听起来有点复杂。
A: It can be, but there are many books with basic information.
    是有点复杂,但是好多书都写着这些基本常识。
B: I might go look for a book after I get out of here.
    那一会儿我就去找一本去。
A: If you want, I’d be happy to go with you.
    要是你愿意,我很乐意跟你一起去。
B: That would be great. You could give me some advice on a good book to buy.
    那太好了。你可以給我些建议,帮我找一本好的。

 

 

 

Dialogue 3:

A: Why do you go to the gym so much?
    你怎么老去健身房啊?
B: It’s good for me to be healthy. I always feel better after going.
    身体健康,多好啊。每次健完身,都觉得特别好。
A: Isn’t it really vanity that makes you go?
    不是虚荣心驱使你去健身吗?
B: Not really. I play basketball and football. I have to be strong.
    不全是啊。我打篮球和踢足球,我必须得让自己身体强健啊。
A: It seems like a lot of guys go because they want to look good.
    反正很多人去健身是为了使自己好看些。
B: That’s definitely true. Is there something wrong with that?
    没错啊。但那有什么不好吗?
A: It’s never good to put such a high value on appearances.
    把外表看得那么重,当然不好啊。
B: If everyone thought that way, we’d have a world of ugly people.
    如果人人都这样想,那么我们这个世界到处都是丑陋的人。
A: If you didn’t play sports. Would you still lift weights?
    如果你不参加那些体育运动,你还会去健身吗?
B: Yes, I think I would.
    会,我想我会的。
A: Why, If not vanity?
    为什么呢?如果不是出于虚荣心的话。
B: I’ll be honest. I would go for vanity. I don’t want to be some skinny guy.
    老实说,我会为了虚荣心而去健身。我不想做一个瘦弱的人。
A: So you’re just like the other guys.
    看来你跟别人没什么两样。
B: Maybe so. But girls don’t seem to complain.
    也许是这样,不过女孩子倒不会抱怨这事。
A: I can’t believe you’re so shallow.
    我真不敢相信你这么潜浅。
B: I’d love to stay and debate this. But I have to get to the gym.   /d??bet/
    我很想留下来和你好好辩论一下这个问题。不过我得去健身房了。

 

 

 

Dialogue 4:

A: So why did you join a women-only gym?
    你为什么加入一个只对女士开放的健身房呢?
B: Does that seem strange to you?
    有什么可奇怪的吗?
A: No, I was just curious. Do you not like being around men?
    不是不是。我只是,,,好奇。你不喜欢周围有男人出现吗?
B: It’s not that. I just don’t like being around that anyone in the gym who isn’t there to exercise.
    那到不是。我只是不喜欢在健身房遇到不是来锻炼的人。
A: Why else would they come to a gym?
    他们来健身房还有别的原因吗?
B: For a lot of people, a gym is just a social club. They can meet people of the opposite sex in tight clothes.
    It’s a waste of time.
    对很多人来说,健身房只是一个社交俱乐部。他们可以在那里遇见一些穿着紧身衣的异性.
    那简直是浪费时间。
A: That’s a good point. Its pretty annoying.
    还真是。那确实挺让人烦的。
B: It’s easier for me to focus in this gym.
    在这个女士健身房我可以更集中精力。
A: How often do you come here?
    你多久来这儿一次?
B: I’m probably here about three times a week.
    大概一星期来三次。
A: That’s a lot of dedication. 

    那你的确花了不少工夫。
B: It helps me relax after work.
    健身可以帮助我工作后好好放松一下。

 

 

 

Dialogue 5:

A: That was a good workout we had today.
    今天的健身算是过了瘾了。
B: I agree. I really feel like I accomplish something.  

    是啊,我也觉得自己很有成就感。
A: It’s too bad we don’t get into the gym more often.
    我们没法挤出更多的时间来健身,这可真是糟糕啊。
B: The problem is that something always seems to come up.
    总有这样、那样的什么事儿,突然就冒出来了。
A: I know. It’s always easy to just skip going to the gym when its not convenient.
    是啊,当时间一冲突,我们就最先把健身给舍弃了。
B: We need to be more disciplined. 

    我们得多锻炼锻炼了。
A: I think it would be best if we started putting our workouts on our schedules.  

    我觉得要是把健身活动列到我们的日程表里,挺不错的。
B: Do you think that would help?
    能管用吗?
A: Sure. It would. If we treat the gym like an appointment. We’ll be more likely to go.
    当然管用,要是把健身当成约会,我们就很愿意去了。
B: That does seem right to me. When can you come next?
    这主意不错。你下一次什么时候来?
A: How about Tuesday night?
    星期二晚上怎么样?
B: Sorry, Tuesday night I have to go see a play at my daughter’s school.
    对不起,星期二晚上我得去我女儿的学校看一场比赛。
A: Well. How about Wednesday night?
    那星期三晚上怎么样?
B: Wednesday night’s fine. What time?
    星期三晚上没问题。什么时候?
A: Is seven okay?
    七点钟?
B: Seven o’clock is great. I’ll see you then.
    七点钟行。到时候见。

 

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值