with the windows rolled down车窗开着
the sky a perfect, cloudless blue 天空是澄澈的,不带一丝云影的湛蓝
sleeveless ,white eyelet lace 无袖,带着白色的网眼蕾丝
as a farewell gesture 告别的仪式
My carry-on item was a parka 我随身携带的物品只是一件皮夹克
a small town named Forks exists under a near-constant cover of clouds 有个永远笼罩在阴霾里的名叫福克斯的小镇
inconsequential 无关紧要 不可思议
It rains on this inconsequential town more than any other place in the United States of America.
这里的雨水多得不可思议,比美利坚合众国的其他任何地方都要多
At first it would be puzzling but almost inconsequential things such as lights being on that I was positive I turned off when I left that morning or objects
mysteriously being moved across the room.
中文意思:
最开始,我常遇到一些莫名奇妙,不合常理的事情,比如说我明明记得那天早上我离开时关了灯,可回去时灯是亮着的,或者东西从屋子的一头被移到了另一边,很不可思议
omnipresent shade 无所不在的 荫;阴凉处;阴暗
It was from this town and its gloomy, omnipresent shade that my mother escaped with me when I was only a few months old.
My mother escaped with me / from this town and its gloomy, omnipresent shade / when I was only a few months old.
在我只有几个月大的时候,我母亲带我逃离了那座小镇,逃离了小镇上无所不在的黑暗阴影。
its gloomy (and) omnipresent shade 才是完整的一个短语
when i was only a few months old 是时间状语从句
But seasons never remain the perfect shade
但季节从来不肯将完美的树荫留存
I hear love's haunting lullaby 萦绕于心头的,不易忘怀的;给人以强烈感受的 催眠曲,摇篮曲 baby's lullaby love's lulaby
I'd been compelled to spend a month every summer 每个夏天我都被逼着去那里过上一个 be compelled to
That was the year I finally put my foot down 那年我终于坚定表明了我并不想去 put one's foot down 坚决反对
I now exiled myself 流放;流亡
I detested Forks 厌恶, 痛恨
blistering heat 热浪 猛烈
I loved the vigorous, sprawling city 精力充沛的;健壮的 朝气蓬勃的 蔓生的;不规则地伸展的
来自 “ ITPUB博客 ” ,链接:http://blog.itpub.net/226700/viewspace-1051028/,如需转载,请注明出处,否则将追究法律责任。
转载于:http://blog.itpub.net/226700/viewspace-1051028/