2009年3月21日
Officer: You feel you've been rehabilitated? 你觉得你已经改过了吗?
Red: Rehabilitated? 改过?
Well, now, let me see. 让我想想
I dun have any idea what that means. 我不明白那是什么意思。
Officer: It means you r ready to rejoin society... 你有心理准备重新投入社会吗?
Red: I know what u think it means, sonny. 我知道你们是怎么想的,老弟。
To me it's just a made-up word. A politican's word so that... 对我来说那只是个用来掩饰的词。政客用的词语
young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job.让你们年青人能穿西装打领带,有一份好的工作。
What do you really want to know. 你到底想知道些什么?
Am I sorry for what I did? 我对自己所犯的罪后悔吗?
Officer: Well, Are you? 你有吗?
Red: There is not a day goes by I don't feel regret. 没有一天,我不感到后悔。
Not because I'm in here or because you think I should. 不是因为我在监狱里,或你认为我应该这样
I look back on the way I was then.. a young... stupid kid who commited that terrible crime 我回首过往, 一个年青的, 愚蠢的孩子犯了如此大的罪
I wanna talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him. Tell him the things are. 我想和他谈谈。我想和他讲讲道理。告诉他做人道理。
But I can't. That kid's long gone...and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. 但已经不能了。那孩子已经无影无踪。只剩下这个老人。我得这样生活下去。
Rehabilitated? 改过?
It's just a bullshit word. 只是个狗屁的字眼。