李阳疯狂英语突破对话(21)-我简直不能相信眼前的事实

学不好英语,不是你的错。因为学习内容太枯燥乏味! 为什么不试试《看电影学英语》?

21.      I Can’t Believe My Eyes
我简直不能相信眼前的事实
 
 
A: I can’t believe my eyes!
我简直不能相信眼前的事实!
 
B: Well, if it isn’t Mike Li!
这不是迈克·李吗!
 
A: Jim Wang! It’s nice to see you again! It’s been a long time.
吉姆·王!见到你真是太高兴了!好久不见了。
 
B: You know, Mike, I’ve been meaning to call you for a long time. I’m so glad I ran into you today.
迈克,你知道吗,很久以来我一直想给你打电话。真高兴今天能遇到你。
 
A: Me, too. How have you been doing?
我也一样。你最近好吗?
 
B: Super. How about yourself?
很好。你呢?
 
A: Pretty good. I can’t complain.
不错,没什么可抱怨的。
 
B: So tell me, the last time I saw you, you were planning to go abroad to study, weren’t you?
快说来听听,我上一次见到你的时候,你正准备去出国留学呢,是不是?
 
A: Yes, I guess I was. But as it turned out, I changed my mind. I decided not to go after all.
是,我想是的。但现在有了变化,我最终还是决定不去了。
 
B: Oh, really? But if I remember correctly, you were intent on going to California. Whatever made you change your mind? I thought you were accepted to Stanford.
哦,是吗?如果我没记错的话,你当时是要去加利福尼亚。是什么使你改变主意的?我记得你是被斯坦福大学录取了。
 
A: Well, it’s a long story, and I don’t want to bore you with all the details. But what it boils down to is that I decided that going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea. I decided to go to Beijing University instead. I want to save my money and start my own business after graduation.
说来话长。那些细节我就不赘述了。最后的结果是,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。我打算去北大。这样,把钱省下来,毕业后可以自己开一家公司。
 
B: Really? That’s very interesting.
是吗?那很有趣嘛。
 
A: And how about you? The last time we talked, didn’t you tell me you were going to open your own restaurant and hotel?
你怎么样?上次我们聊的时候,你不是说要自己开个酒店吗?
 
B: That’s right. I was. But things turned out differently than I expected.
对呀,是有这么回事。但结果却和我预想的大不相同。
 
A: But you seemed so determined to do that. What happened?
可是你当时是决心很大的,发生了什么事呢?
 
B: Well, it’s very complicated, and I’m sure you don’t want to know all the details. But as it turned out, I decided that opening my restaurant just wasn’t for me. So I decided to stay at my old job instead.
说来复杂。我知道你不愿意听详细的个中原由。但结果却是,我觉得自己开饭店并不适合我,所以就决定留在原来的工作岗位。
 
A: Well, a lot sure has happened since we last saw each other.
是啊,从上次见面以来,真是发生了很多事。
 
B: You can say that again! You know, we should try to stay in touch.
你说得对!我们应该尽量保持联系。
 
A: Yes, we should. Let’s have lunch together sometime soon.
的确应该如此。我们最近找时间吃个午饭吧。
 
B: That’s a good idea. I’ll call you.
这主意不错。我到时候给你打电话。
 
A: OK. Take care now.
好吧。多保重。
 
B: You, too.
你也是。
 
 
口语要素
大家会发现,对话里面出现最多的是精彩的“口语要素”,其实,日常对话都是这些零零碎碎的“口语要素”组成的!一部英文电影又何尝不是成千上万“口语要素”的集合呢!
 
I can’t believe my eyes! 我简直不能相信眼前的事实!
举一反三
*   I can’t believe my ears! 真是让人难以置信!
*   I can’t believe what I saw! 我不相信我的眼睛!
 
It’s nice to see you again! 又见到你真是太高兴了!
It’s been a long time. 好久不见了。
I’m so glad I ran into you today. 真高兴今天能遇到你。
How have you been doing? 你最近好吗?
How about yourself? 你呢?过得好吗?
Pretty good./ Super. / I can’t complain. 很好。 / 棒极了。 / 没什么可抱怨的。【经典回答】
I changed my mind. 我改变了主意。
I decided not to go after all. 我最终还是决定不去了。
Whatever made you change your mind? 是什么使你改变主意的?
    It’s a long story. 说来话长。
    You can say that again! 你说得对!
举一反三
* You said it! 你说对了!
* I’ll say! 你说得对!
* You’re right! 你说得对!
 
I don’t want to bore you with all the details. 那些细节我就不赘述了。
I decided to go to Beijing University instead. 我最后决定去北大读书。
Really? 是吗?
That’s very interesting. 那很有趣嘛。
    And how about you? 你怎么样?
What happened? 发生了什么事呢?
We should try to stay in touch. 我们应该尽量保持联系。
举一反三:
* We should keep in touch. 我们应该保持联系。
* We should contact each other more often. 我们应该多多联系。
* We should keep each other informed. 我们应该保持联系。
* We should get together more often. 我们应该多多联系。
 
    Let’s have lunch together sometime soon. 我们最近找时间吃个午饭吧。
【疯狂提示】
这是一个典型的结束此类谈话的方式。如果有一个外国人到谈话的末尾对你说出这句话,要谨记两点:第一,不要追问确切的“一起吃午饭”的时间,第二,不要苦苦地等待那顿“不花钱的午餐”。如果对方出于诚意,他会这样说:Let’s have lunch together next Monday, OK?
    That’s a good idea. 这主意不错。
★ I’ll call you. 我到时候给你打电话。
Take care now. 多保重。
 
超级短语
 
run into 碰到,遇到,邂逅
turn out 结果
after all 最终;毕竟
be intent on 决心要做;对某事专心致志
boil down to 等于;归结为
a lot sure has happened 变化很大
stay in touch 保持联系
 
超级句型:
    Well, if it isn’t somebody 哟,这不是某某某吗!
Well, if it isn’t Mike Li!
这不是迈克·李吗!
【疯狂提示】这是一个引起谈话的重要句型,也是扯闲话的经典开端!
 
What it boils down to 简单说来
What it boils down to is that I decided that going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.
简单说来,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。
举一反三:
* The matter of fact is that going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.
事实是,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。
*As it turned out, going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.
最后的结果是,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。
 
I’ve been meaning to 很久以来我一直想……
I’ve been meaning to call you for a long time.
很久以来我一直想给你打电话。
【疯狂提示】这是一个掩盖粗心、健忘及忙昏了头等等过失的最好的遮羞布!这是一个既体贴又体面但又不失虚伪的句型。一定要掌握它!
 
You seemed so determined to 你好像决心很大……
You seemed so determined to do that.
你当时是决心很大的。
 
If I remember correctly 如果我没记错的话
If I remember correctly, you were intent on going to California.
如果我没记错的话,你当时是要去加利福尼亚。
举一反三:
* If I remember correctly, you were intent on becoming a pilot.
如果我没记错的话,你当时想当个飞行员。
 
I thought 我原以为
I thought you were accepted to Stanford.
我记得你是被斯坦福大学录取了。
举一反三:
* I thought you were married.
我原以为你结婚了呢。
 
语法点滴
过去进行时:表示过去正在进行的动作
 
★  So tell me, the last time I saw you, you were planning to go to abroad to study, weren’t you?
快说来听听,我上一次见到你的时候,你正准备去出国留学呢,是不是?
举一反三:
* Last time I saw you, you were planning to become a musician.
上次我见你的时候,你正准备搞音乐呢。
 
一般过去时:表示过去发生的事情
 
As it turned out, I decided that opening my restaurant just wasn’t for me. So I decided to stay at my old job instead.
结果是,我觉得自己开饭店并不适合我。所以就决定留在原来的工作岗位。
 
That’s right. I was.
对呀。是有这么回事。
 
I thought you were accepted to Stanford.
我记得你是被斯坦福大学录取了。
举一反三:
* I thought you said you were going to take the boss’s place.
我以为你是说你要接替老板的职位呢。
 
精彩句子
 
I want to save my money and start my own business after graduation.
我想把钱省下来,毕业后可以自己开一家公司。
 
It’s very complicated, and I’m sure you don’t want to know all the details. 说来复杂。我知道你不愿意听详细的个中原由。
 
    A lot sure has happened since we last saw each other.
从上次见面以来,我们都有不少变化。
 
发音精华
 
[i:] believe, seem, mean
[ei] complain, change, detail, save, graduation, complicated, stay
[ai] time, mind, decide, idea, try
[e] remember, correctly, intent, instead, restaurant, expect
[ A ] 90 度张嘴音 glad, plan, last, happen, can’t
[ I ],[ J ],[ Q ] 短元音收小腹 pretty, good, business, touch
 
 
李阳 老师的话: 与其囫囵吞枣,不如精雕细琢。将一段对话一步一步地消化掉,才是真正地掌握。这段话值得学习一个月。其实,一段对话中潜藏着巨大的宝藏! 
  • 0
    点赞
  • 0
    收藏
    觉得还不错? 一键收藏
  • 0
    评论
评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值