Exercise 9
11.28
迟到致歉:
情景对话1.
A:I am sorry to have kept all of you waiting. I was delayed by something urgent.
B:很抱歉让你们大家等了这么久。我被一些急事给耽搁了。
B:You are not late, Mr. Thomas. There’re still 15 minutes to go. Mr. White has just called you.
A:你没有迟到,托马斯先生,还有15分钟。怀特先生刚才打电话给你了。
A:What did he say?
B:他说什么?
B:He said there was a traffic jam, but he is coming.
A:他说有些堵车,他在路上。
A:He shouldn’t drive his car. He should come here by bus.
B:他不该开车,他应该乘车来。
情景对话2.
A:I beg your pardon for being late.
A:请原谅,我迟到了。
B:Better late than never.
B:迟到总比不到好。
A:So sorry, I don’t mean to be.
A:确实抱歉得很,我不是故意的。
B:That’s perfectly all right.
B:没关系。
A:Thanks for your forgiving.
A:谢谢你的宽恕。
B:It’s really of nothing.
B:真的没什么。
A:I’ll work hard.
A:我会努力工作的。
B:That’s quite all right.
B:那很好。