exercise6:
道歉:
general apologies 一般道歉用语
- excuse me. 请原谅.
- i’m so sorry. 很抱歉.
- i’m awfully sorry. 非常抱歉.
- i’m terribly sorry about that. 为此我非常抱歉.
- i apologize. 我道歉.
- my apologies. 我道歉.
- please forgive me. 请原谅.
- i hope you will excuse me. 希望你能原谅我.
- it seems i owe you an apology. 好像我该向你道个歉.
- you have my sincere apology. 我诚心诚意向你道歉.
- please accept my sincere apology. 请接受我诚心诚意的道歉.
- i can’t tell you how sorry i am. 我真的是很抱歉.
- you cannot believe how sorry i am. 你不知道我感到多么抱歉.
- words cannot describe how sorry i am. 语言无法描述我对你的歉意.
- i just don’t know what to say. 我真不知该说什么好.
- i really feel bad about it. 我真的感到很内疚.
apologizing for bothering someone 因打扰对方而致意.
- sorry to be a bother. 不好意思打扰你.
- sorry to be a pest. 不好意思打扰你.
- sorry to disturb you again. 抱歉, 又来打扰你.
- i’m sorry, i didn’t mean to bother you. 对不起,真不想打扰你.
- i’m afraid i’ve brought you a lot of trouble.
恐怕我给你带来了不少麻烦. - my son must have put you to a lot of trouble.
我儿子一定给你带来不少麻烦. - i’m sorry to have caused you so much inconvenience.
给你造成诸多不便,我很抱歉. - sorry about the inconvenience. 对不起添麻烦了.
apologizing for one’s mistake 因自己的过失而道歉.
- i’m sorry for what i’ve done. 我为我的所作所为向你道歉.
- i shouldn’t have done that. 我不该那么做.
- i should have asked you first. 我应该先征得你的同意.
- i honestly didn’t mean it. 我的确不是故意的.
- i didn’t mean to do that. 我并不想要那么做.
- i didn’t mean it that way. 事情闹成那样并非我的本意.
- i don’t know haw that could have happened.
我不知道怎么会发生那样的事. - you were right and i was wrong. i apologize.
你是对的, 我错了. 我道歉. - it’s my fault. i really feel bad about it.
是我的错. 我真的感到很难过. - it’s all my fault. i’ll try to make it up to you.
这事儿全怪我.
预约请人做客
英语情景对话
A:Would you honor us with a visit?
A:能否赏光来敝处做客?
B:l’d love to. Thanks.
B:非常乐意,谢谢。
A:When will you be convenient?
A:你何时方便?
B:Any time will suit me.
B:我随时都有空。
A:Are you doing anything tomorrow?
A:明天你有安排吗?
B:I’m free tomorrow.
B:我明天有空。
A:I’ll pick you up at about nine o’clock, will it do?
A:大约9点钟我开车去接你,行吗?
B:All right, see you then.
B:好的,到时见。
取消约会1
A:I’m sorry to tell you that I have to cancel our appointment.
A:我很抱歉地告诉你,我不得不取消我们的约会。
B:What’s happened?
B:发生什么事了?
A:I must meet someone at the airport tomorrow afternoon.
A:我明天下午必须去机场接人。
B:I’m sorry to hear that. May we meet the day after tomorrow?
B:很遗憾。那我们可以后天见面吗?
A:OK. I’ll be free from nine to eleven. I’ll be there waiting for you.
A:可以,我九点到十一点有空。我会在那儿等你。
B:We’ll discuss the contract in detail.
B:我们要详细地讨论一下合同。
A:Sure. I’m really sorry for the trouble I’ve made.
A:那当然。给你造成了麻烦我很抱歉。
B:Not at all. See you.
B:没关系。再见。
取消约会2
nit 65 婉拒约请(2)
dialogue
英语情景对话
A:Hey, let’s go out and grab a couple of beers tonight!
A:嘿,今晚出去喝两杯啤酒吧。
B:Sorry, I can’t. I have to work late at the laboratory.
B:抱歉,我去不了。我得在实验室工作到很晚。
A:Nigel, you sure lead a dog’s life, what’s up with that?
A:奈杰尔,你活得可真辛苦,怎么搞的?
B:My boss wants me to finish this project tonight.
B:老板要求我今晚就完成这个项目。
迟到致歉
A:I am sorry to have kept all of you waiting. I was delayed by something urgent.
B:很抱歉让你们大家等了这么久。我被一些急事给耽搁了。
B:You are not late, Mr. Thomas. There’re still 15 minutes to go. Mr. White has just called you.
A:你没有迟到,托马斯先生,还有15分钟。怀特先生刚才打电话给你了。
A:What did he say?
B:他说什么?
B:He said there was a traffic jam, but he is coming.
A:他说有些堵车,他在路上。
A:He shouldn’t drive his car. He should come here by bus.
B:他不该开车,他应该乘车来。
迟到致歉
A:I beg your pardon for being late.
A:请原谅,我迟到了。
B:Better late than never.
B:迟到总比不到好。
A:So sorry, I don’t mean to be.
A:确实抱歉得很,我不是故意的。
B:That’s perfectly all right.
B:没关系。
A:Thanks for your forgiving.
A:谢谢你的宽恕。
B:It’s really of nothing.
B:真的没什么。
A:I’ll work hard.
A:我会努力工作的。
B:That’s quite all right.
B:那很好。