SNIA S10-101 Exam
- Exam Number/Code : S10-101
- Exam Name : SNIA Storage Network Foundations Exam
- Questions and Answers : 154 Q&As
- Update Time: 2010-04-11
1. From a business perspective a well managed archive is particularly important in which situation?
A. in the event of loss of power at the primary data center
B. when an administrator accidentally formats the wrong file system
C. in the event of litigation
D. when a user accidentally deletes an important email
2. Which hardware component provides the interface between the storage network and the server backplane?
A. gigabit link module
B. interposer card
C. inter-switch link
D. host bus adapter
3. What is the maximum distance of a 50-micrometer multimode fiber with a 850nm shortwave laser at 1 Gbps?
A. 500 meters
B. 300 meters
C. 150 meters
D. 70 meters
4. Which tier provides highest availability and highest performance?
A. tier 4
B. tier 3
C. tier 2
D. tier 1
5. Which two RAID types use parity for data protection? (Choose two.)
A. RAID 0
B. RAID 1
C. RAID 3
D. RAID 5
E. RAID 10
E. RAID 10
6. What is the maximum throughput of a 4 phy SAS wide port that has 3 Gbps links?
A. 300 MBps
B. 1200 MBps
C. 1800 MBps
D. 2400 MBps
7. What might be considered the most important criteria when designing an OLTP implementation for a financial
A. data integrity
B. data redundancy
C. disk latency of less than 15ms
D. high availability
8. What is a common type of symmetric key ciphering when securing stored information?
9. What describes RAID 0?
B. parallel access with parity
D. independent access with interleaved parity
10. What is the basic order of a snapshot creation process?
A. flush file system, take snapshot, backup the volume, release the application
B. flush file system, quiesce the application, take snapshot, backup the volume
C. quiesce the application, flush file system, take snapshot, backup the volume
D. flush file system, quiesce the application, flush the file system, take snapshot, backup the volume
11. What is the function of the "head" on the disk drive?
A. It is used to read or write data onto the disk media.
B. It is used to seek to the area where the requested data is located.
C. It is where the data is stored or retrieved.
D. It is a standard unit of measurement on the disk media.
12. Which two are common characteristics of DAS? (Choose two.)
A. direct access to data is available from single server
B. only available through SCSI/SAS interfaces
C. storage capacity is captive to a single server
D. storage is accessible by any host anywhere on the network
E. attached to the host computer by a switch
13. You no longer have any port availability in the company's switch fabric. There is a decommissioned switch
available. When it is installed, there is a segmentation error. What is the cause of the problem?
A. The wrong cable type was used to connect the switches.
B. The cable was connected into the wrong port on the target switch.
C. A duplicate zone name exists on the switch you are adding.
D. The domain priority is inconsistent.
14. What are two advantages of IP storage networking? (Choose two.)
A. Uses existing Ethernet technologies.
B. Supports up to 126 devices.
C. Lowers propagation delay.
D. Leverages system administrator knowledge.
15. Which statement defines Serial-Attached SCSI (SAS) and SATA connectivity?
A. SAS storage devices can plug into SATA backplanes.
B. SATA storage devices can not plug into SAS backplanes.
C. SAS backplanes can accommodate both SAS and SATA devices.
D. SATA backplanes can accommodate both SAS and SATA devices.
16. Common enterprise tape cartridges such as LTO or DLT contain which components?
A. leader pin, write protect switch, supply reel, access door
B. leader pin, read/write head assembly, supply reel, access door
C. leader pin, write protect switch, supply reel, pickup reel
D. leader pin, read/write head assembly, supply reel, pickup reel
17. Which is considered tier 2 storage in a datacenter with three (3) storage tiers?
A. tape vault
B. Fibre Channel disk array with dual controllers
C. Nearline storage
D. intelligent storage virtualization
18. What is a characteristic of synchronous remote replication?
A. Source is minutes ahead of the remote replication.
B. Source buffers the data and sends it depending on a cycle time.
C. Source and remote replication always have identical data.
D. Synchronous replication only used for extended distances.
19. What are two advantages of IP storage networking? (Choose two.)
A. greater security exposure
B. lower cost infrastructure
C. can use existing network management tools
D. lower CPU overhead
20. Which two have World Wide Names? (Choose two.)
B. disk arrays
C. zone sets