2013-04-28《第八课情景对话》

Dialogue 1:
A: Happy Birthday, honey.
    生日快乐,亲爱的。
B: Oh, wow, Curtis, you got me a kitten!
    哦,Curtis,你送我一只小猫!
A: Well, you said you've wanted one, but couldn't make up your mind.
    你说过你想要一只,但却未能下定决心。
B: So, I guess you made it up for me, huh?
    所以你就替我拿主意,是吗?
A: Yeah, I guess so. So what do you think?
    是的,我是这样想的。你觉得怎么样?
B: Oh, it's wonderful. Is it a boy or a girl?  
    哦,太棒了。它是公的还是母的?
A: A girl.
    是母的。
B: Well, we have to come up with a name for her, don't we?
    我们得为她取个名字,对吗?
A: Any ideas?
    你有什么好建议?
B: Well, we have to see. But thank you again so much.
    我们得想一下。再次谢谢你。
A: Well, you're welcome. Happy birthday again, Emily.
    不用谢。再次祝你生日快乐,艾米丽。

 

 

Dialogue 2:
A: Hey, Will, turn on the television.
    嘿,威尔,打开电视。
B: Why? I'm trying to rest.
    为什么?我正需要休息一会儿。
A: They're going to announce the winning lottery number.   
    即将公布彩票获奖号码啦。
B: Do you still buy those stupid lottery tickets?
    你仍然买那些骗人的彩票吗?
A: Yes! Now, turn on the TV for a second.
    是的!现在快开电视,就看一会儿。
B: Okay, okay.
    好吧,好吧。
A: Wait! Look. That's my number!  I bought that ticket.
    等等!看。那是我的号码!我买了那张彩票。
B: What?
    什么?
A: Yeah, it's right here.I won! I won!
    是的,就是这张。我中了!我中了!
B: Wow. I take back what I said. How much did you win?
    哇!我收回刚才我所说的话。你中了多少钱?
A: Well, sixty-three dollars.
    63美元。
B: That's not much to win.
    那不算很多。
A: Yeah, but it's something.
    对,但终究是赢了点东西回来。

 


Dialogue 3:
A: How many more votes are there left to count?
    还有多少票需要计算?
B: I think we've almost done. Are you allowed in the counting room?
    我想差不多算完了。你可以进计票房吗?
A: Why should I not be allowed?
    为什么我不可以进来?
B: Because, silly, you're one of the candidates for class president. Remember?
    因为,傻瓜,你是班长的候选人之一。不是吗?
A: Oh, it doesn't matter. I'm not going to win.
    哦,没关系。我都不打算会赢。
B: No one will win if you don't let me finish counting.
    假如你不让我完成计票任务的话,就没有人会赢。
A: I'm sorry to bother you.
    打扰你了,真对不起。
B: Well, Kate, it looks like you're the new class president by 4 votes.
    凯特,看起来你以4票的优势当选为新班长。
A: Really? Wow! That vote was so close.
    真的吗?哇!选票的差距不大呀。
B: Well, you're the winner, it looks like.
    看起来你赢了。
A: This is such a surprise! I thought I was going to lose. Wow, I'm so happy!
    这很是个惊喜。我原以为我会输的。哇,我太高兴了。

 


Dialogue 4:
A: Can you believe what our teacher did today?
    你能猜到我们老师今天干了什么吗?
B: What did she do?
    她干了什么?
A: She gave a surprise test.
    她给了我们一次突击测试。
B: So? What's wrong with that?
    真的吗?那有什么不妥?
A: Obviously, a surprise test is bad.
    很明显,突击测试的结果会很差的。
B: Is it bad because you were not prepared?
    是不是因为我们没准备而导致结果差?
A: Exactly!
    是的!
B: Well, that sounds like more your fault than the teacher's fault.
    听起来是你们的错而不是老师的错。
A: What kind of friend are you to say that?
    你竟说这话,算什么朋友?
B: I'm just trying to be fair to your teacher.
    我只是想为你们老师说句公道话罢了。
A: Anyway, it's not like you study every night yourself.
   无论怎么说,你也没有每晚学习呀。
B: True, but if my teacher gives surprise tests, I would study every night.
   没错,但如果我的老师要给我突击测试,我就会每晚都学习。
A: Then, they wouldn't be surprise tests.
    如果那样的话,它们就不叫突击测试了。
B: Maybe you're right. Either way. I guess you should study more.
    或许你说得对。无论怎么说,我都觉得你应该学多点。
A: I don't want to talk to you right now.
   我现在不想跟你说话。

 


Dialogue 5:
A: I have the X-Ray results back.
    我已经拿回X光的结果了。
B: Good. What do they show you?
    那很好。你看到了什么?
A: This is interesting.
    一些有趣的东西。
B: Don't keep me in suspense.   
    别再卖关子。
A: Well, the pain in your leg is not from running.  
    你的腿痛不是因跑步引起的。
B: No? Well, then what is it?
    不是吗?那是由什么引起的?
A: It's an older fracture that didn't quite heal.   /?fr?kt??/     /hil/
    是因为你以前的骨折还没完全恢复。
B: How is that possible?
    那怎么可能?
A: Have you injured that leg before?
    那你条退以前受过伤吗?
B: Yes. I fell skiing last March.
    是的,去年三月份我在滑雪时摔倒过。
A: You probably got a small fracture at that time. Running recently just made it worse.
    你可能在那时就有了轻微骨折。最近跑步就使伤势加重了。
B: That's kind of a surprise. I never thought of that.
    这真出乎意料。我从没想过会是这样。
A: It's common. Just rest for a few weeks, and come back for another exam then.
    这很平常。先休息几个星期,然后回来再做个检查。

  • 0
    点赞
  • 0
    收藏
    觉得还不错? 一键收藏
  • 0
    评论
评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值