Dialogue 1:
A: Eric, did you finish the report?
Eric,你完成那份报告了吗?
B: Yes, it's right here, Mark.
完成了,就在这儿,Mark。
A: Thanks.
谢谢。
B: No problem!
不用谢。
A: Were there any difficulties for you?
你做报告时遇到什么困难了吗?
B: It was tough to get it done promptly, but it was not too bad.
要把它迅速完成是有点困难,但也不是太麻烦。
A: That's good to hear. Keep up the good work.
听到你这样说真好,继续保持这股劲。
Dialogue 2:
A: I thought you might like this book.
我想你可能会喜欢这本书的。
B: Oh, wow, yeah, this is great.
哦,哇!太棒了。谢谢你
A: Don't mention it.
不用谢。
B: No, this is great. This is just what i wanted. Thank you.
不,这的确太棒了,这正是我想要的。谢谢。
A: Well, you're welcome.
不用谢。
B: She is my favorite author.
她是我最喜欢的作者。
A: I'm glad you like it.
你喜欢,我就高兴。
Dialogue 3:
A: You do fine work here.
你在这里干得很好。
B: Oh, I just try to do my part.
噢,我只是做好本分罢了。
A: No, you do better than that, and we appreciate it.
不,远远不止你所说的,我们都心存感激。
B: Really? I'm embarrassed.
真的吗?我有点不好意思了。
A: Don't be. As a sign of our gratitude , you're the new manager.
别这样。为了表示我们的感激,你就是新经理了。
B: Oh, thank you, sir.
好,谢谢你。
A: Thank you, Louis.
谢谢,Louis.
Dialogue 4:
A: I couldn't have finished this race without you and Mark encouraging me.
如果没有你和Mark的鼓励,我是不可能跑完这场比赛的。
B: Let me know if you need any more help later.
你以后还需要帮忙的话,一定要告诉我。
A: Oh, thanks. I really appreciate this. Thanks a million, Megan.
谢谢。我真的太感激了。非常感谢你,Megan。
B: What are friends for? Besides, Mark did most of the cheering.
朋友的意义不就在于此嘛。况且,Mark才是最卖力加油的那个。
A: Yes, but I thank you anyway.
是啊,但不管怎么说,我还是谢谢你。
B: I know you'd do the same for me, so don't mention it.
我知道你也会这样对我的,所以就不要再提了。
A: And thank Mark for me as well.
帮我也谢谢Mark。
B:I'll give him your thanks.
我会向他传达你的谢意的。
Dialogue 5:
A: Can I help you? You seem lost.
需要帮忙吗?你好像迷路了。
B: Yeah, actually I am.
是啊,我迷路了。
A: Where are you trying to go?
你想要去哪儿?
B: I'm trying to find Clay Street. Do you know where it is? /kle/
我在找Clay街。你知道在哪儿吗?
A: Yes, it's about two blocks up and then go left. You'll see it.
知道,过前面两个街口然后向左拐。你就看见了。
B: Thanks a lot.
多谢。
A: Don't mention it. Good luck.
不用谢。祝你好运。