One sentence per day

2011-11-05
His career was not noticeably hindered by the fact that he had never been to college.
他从没有上过大学,但他的事业并没有因此而受到明显的妨碍。

2011-11-07
The storm began to abate late in the afternoon.
傍晚时分风暴开始减弱。

2011-11-08

I'm under a lot of pressure.

我压力很大。

Faults are thick where love is thin.

一朝情意淡,样样不顺眼。

2011-11-09

The room is lumbered with numerous boxes.
房间里胡乱堆着很多箱子。

2011-11-10

I have had enough of your garbage.

我听腻了你的废话。

2011-11-11

The new skirt takes years off her.

这条新裙子让她看起来年轻多了。

2011-11-12

Can you give me a hand?

你能帮我个忙吗?

2011-11-13

The girl ran up to me, barely able to catch her breath.

女孩跑向我,跑得上气不接下气。

2011-11-14

I'll play it by ear.
到时候再说。

2011-11-15

There was a tremendous uproar in the crowd.

人群中产生了一阵巨大的骚动。

2011-11-16

I'm up to my ears.

我忙得要死。

2011-11-17
She is the apple of her parents' eye.
她是父母的掌上明珠。

If life is divided into two episodes, the first is "hesitance-free", while the second is "regret-free".
若将人生一分为二,前半段叫做 “不犹豫”,后半段叫做 “不后悔”。

2011-11-18

I hope I didn't offend you.

希望没有冒犯你。

2011-11-19
He is a man who speaks his mind straight out.
他是一个直言不讳的人。

2011-11-20

You fall for it every time .

你每次都会上当。

2011-11-21

Tony keeps from smoking.
东尼戒烟了。

I wouldn't trust him an inch if I were you.
如果我是你,我绝对不会相信他。

2011-11-22

It's been a long time.

好久不见。

2011-11-23
I have no stomach for the job.
我对这份工作毫无兴趣。

2011-11-24

He walks in a snail's pace.

他走路慢吞吞的。

2011-11-25
The seeds of doubt were sown in her mind when he came home late.
当他深夜归来时,她起了疑心。

2011-11-26

You came at an awkward time.

你来得不是时候。

2011-11-27
Many ships were stranded because of the thick fog.
很多船因为大雾而搁浅了。

2011-11-28

My brother is a night owl.

我弟弟是个夜猫子。
2011-11-29
As soon as we get the green light, we will start the work.
一得到许可,我们就开始工作。

When you can't concentrate on reading, do the following: Look at the mirror or check the balance of your bank account or think about the new marriage law.
看不进书的时候就照照镜子、看看银行卡余额、想想新婚姻法。

For someone, a friend is reserved for that soulmateship that very very close friendship.
对有些人来说,朋友专指灵魂伴侣,是非常亲密知心的友谊。

2011-11-30

I can't imagine why.

我想不通为什么。

2011-12-01

She lives in a small house a bit off the map.
她住在一幢偏远的小房子里。

Never regret. If it's good, it's wondenful. If it's bad, it's experience.
不必遗憾。若是美好,叫做精彩。若是糟糕,叫做经历。

2011-12-02

That's really something.

真了不起。

2011-12-03
I'm not in the mood to disagree with you.
我没有心思跟你争论。

2011-12-04

I'm flattered.

过奖了。
2011-12-05
She stopped to get her breath back.
她停下来歇了一会儿。

2011-12-06

I can't make it.

我赶不上了。
2011-12-07
The flat has changed hands serveral times.
这套公寓几经易主。

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
重复的行为造就了我们;因而,卓越不是一种举动,而是一种习惯。

2011-12-08

That might be in your favor.

可能对你有利。

2011-12-09
He gets the hang of using that machine.
他掌握了使用那台机器的窍门。

2011-12-10

She wanted a pay raise.

她想加薪。

2011-12-11
She really has an ear for classical music.
她确实对古典音乐很有鉴赏力。

2011-12-12

Leave him alone.

别理他。

2011-12-13
It's a real feather in his cap to represent his country in the Olympic Games.
能代表祖国参加奥运会是他的荣耀。

2011-12-14

What's Hong Kong famous for?

香港以什么闻名?

2011-12-15
These tablets are available over the counter.
这些药品不用处方就可以买到。

2011-12-16

What brings you here?

什么风把你吹来的?
2011-12-17
Before you start marketing, you should test the waters.
在你做营销前应该先调查下民意。

2011-12-18

She looks blue.

她满脸忧伤。
2011-12-19
Mary likes sitting in the cafe and watching the world go by.
玛丽喜欢坐在咖啡馆里静观众生百态。

2011-12-20

Thank you for coming to see me off.

谢谢你来为我送行。

2011-12-21
He was the life and soul of the party last night.
昨晚他是宴会的中心人物。

2011-12-22

What the hell are you doing?

你到底在做什么?
2011-12-23
Many goods were in short supply during the war.
战争时期许多商品短缺。

2011-12-24

I hope I'm not in the way.

我希望我没有造成妨碍。

2011-12-25
I want to know all the ins and outs of the case.
我想了解这个案子的全部细节。

2011-12-26

Keep your hands off the cake.

不许碰这个蛋糕。

2011-12-27
The man who has made up his mind to win will never say "impossible".
凡是决心取得胜利的人是从来不说“不可能”的。

2011-12-28

You won't get away with this.

你逃不掉的。

2011-12-29
In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.
要做到不可替代,就要与众不同。

2011-12-30

What about a stroll after supper?

晚饭后去散个步怎么样?

2012-01-01
Don't try to brainwash me.
别想给我洗脑。

2012-01-02

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

以眼还眼只会让世界变盲。

2012-01-03
They are divided on the new plan.
他们对新计划的意见有分歧。

Growing in wisdom can be measured by the decrease in bitterness.
智慧的增长可用痛苦的减少来衡量。

2012-01-04

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

预测未来的最好方法就是去创造他。

2012-01-05
Are you out of your mind?
你疯了吗?

2011-01-06

Nature and books belongs to the eyes that see them.

自然和书只属于那些看得见的眼睛。

2012-01-07
Don't bury your head in the sand.
不要逃避现实。

2012-01-08

What's going to be covered on the test?

考试的范围是什么?

2012-01-09
You did well in the main.
你们大体上表现得不错。

One's an ass to leave there.
谁离开那儿,谁就是头蠢驴!

How's your paper route coming,Charlie Brown?
你的送报活儿进展如何呀,查理布朗?

2012-01-10

He sniffed at my idea of becoming a doctor.

他对我要当一名医生的想法嗤之以鼻。

2012-01-11
You are talking big.
你吹牛。

Reading makes a full man, conference a ready man and writing an exact man.
读书使人充实,讨论使人机敏,写作使人严谨。

2012-01-12

The rabbit disappeared without a trace.

那只兔子消失的无影无踪。

2012-01-13
The lecture is dry as dust.
讲座乏味至极。

2012-01-14

The profession has a strict code of practice.

这个职业有很严格的业务规范。

2012-01-15
She tumbled down the ladder.
她从梯子上摔了下去。

I'm through playing checkers with you.
我已经受够了和你下棋了。

2012-01-16

I have always wanted to try my hand at painting.

我一直想尝试下绘画。

2012-01-17
You're getting on my nerves.
你惹毛我了。

Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.
成功很简单:在合适的时间用恰当的方式做正确的事。

2012-01-18

He is only a regular 9-to-5er.

他是一个平凡的朝九晚五的上班族。

2012-01-19
She was devoured by jealousy.
她心中充满嫉妒。

I made a mistake and I will assume responsibility for it.
我错了,我愿为此承担责任。

2012-01-20

The sisters differ from each other in their interests.

几个姐妹各有所好。

2012-01-21
I hope we can cooperate happily.
希望我们合作愉快。

Rats! I do all the work, and he gets all the glory!!
靠!我做的事,全被他抢了功劳了!!

2012-01-22

You'are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

遇见你是我一身中最美的邂逅。

2012-01-23
I've run out of excuses.
我的借口都用完了。
2012-01-24

We hope that you will deal with our request honestly.

希望你们能公正的处理我们的请求。

2012-01-25
No more stalling.
别再拖延时间了。

2012-01-26

I hope we can continue our cooperation.

希望我们能继续合作。

2012-01-27
It's a date.
一言为定。
2012-01-28

He certainly gummed up our chances to win the contract.

他可真是糟蹋了我们赢得这份合约的机会。

2012-01-29
I'm sorry to subject you to this trouble.
给您添麻烦了。

2012-01-30

Good wine needs no bush.

好酒不怕巷子深。

2012-01-31
I'm afraid we've run into a sticky wicket right now.
我们眼下恐怕是走投无路了。
2012-02-01
She's spoken for.
她名花有主了。

2012-02-02

Frankness is the child of honesty and courage.

率真是诚实勇敢之子。

2012-02-03
I was in a brown study.
我刚才走神了。

2012-02-05
We're over the hump now.
最困难的阶段已经过去了。

2012-02-07
Stop fanning the flames.
别煽风点火了。

I never realized the requirements were so rigid!
没想到要求这么苛刻啊! 

2012-02-09
We will do as best as we can.
我们将尽力而为。
Done Is Better Than Perfect.
力保完成胜于苛求完美。

2012-02-11
The town is a heaven on earth.
这个小镇是人间天堂。

2012-02-13
They go back along way.
他们相识很久了。
Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
每天出去走走,奇迹就在身边。

2012-02-15
She was nasty about everyone.
她对所有人的态度都不好。

Sloth, like rust, consumes faster than labor wears.
懒惰像生锈一样,比操劳更能消耗身体。

2012-02-17
She felt completely overwhelmed.
她完全不知所措。
Let's do better than our best!
独乐乐,不如与人乐乐!

2012-02-19
Thanks for coming all the way over here.
谢谢你大老远跑一趟。
2012-02-21
I am tone-deaf.
我五音不全。

2012-02-23
It is the last straw.
我已经忍无可忍了。
2012-02-25
He left in great haste.
他匆匆离开。
2012-02-27
Help yourself to some candy.
请随便吃点儿糖。

Our contributions in this paper are two fold.
在本文中我们的贡献可分为两个层面.

2012-02-29
Dude, what's up?
哥们儿,怎么啦?

2012-03-01
Excuse me, sir. Can you give me some information?
对不起,先生,能向你打听一些事吗?

2012-03-05
I made the 5 o'clock train by the skin of my teeth.
我勉强赶上了五点的火车。

2012-03-07
Nothing is diffcult if you put your heart into it.
世上无难事,只怕有心人。

2012-03-08
Every little bit helps.
滴水穿石。

2012-03-09
The met by accident at the store.
他们在商店不期而遇。

2012-03-13
The robbery happened in broad daylight.
xx在光天化日之下发生了。

2012-03-15
The girl cried her eyes out after her mother left.
小女孩在她妈妈走后号啕大哭。

2012-03-17
She likes the hustle and bustle of big cities.
她喜欢大城市里熙熙攘攘的景象。

2012-03-19
He plays second fiddle in the company.
他是公司的二把手。

2012-03-21
You are wearing your sweater inside out.
你把毛衣穿反了。

2012-03-23
I don't have time to cook today, so we will just to make do with instant noodles.
我今天没时间做饭,咱们只能将就吃方便面了。
2012-03-25
How could you steal my thunder like that!
你怎么能这样抢我的功劳!
2012-03-27
Please give your two cents' worth on the matter.
请就那件事发表点意见吧。
2012-03-29
It is ten to one that he will be late.
他十有八九会迟到。
2012-03-31
It doesn't suit the manager's book.
这不合经理的心意。
2012-04-01
Man proposes, God disposes.
谋事在人,成事在天。
2012-04-03
He is a toadeater.
他是个马屁精。
2012-04-05
I wouldn't go back to the job for all the tea in China.
我无论如何不会回去干那个工作了。
2012-04-07
You seem to be in a bad mood.
你看起来心情很差。
2012-04-09
We really appreciate your help.
我们非常感谢你的帮助。
2012-04-11
Seals basked on boulders in a flat calm.
海豹静静地躺在卵石上。
2012-04-13
He finds the natural world fascinating.
他发现自然世界非常吸引人。
2012-04-15
We can hardly arrive home before five.
我们很有可能五点之前到不了家。

2012-04-17
To the point, please.
抓重点的说。
2012-04-19
She's so weird.
她真让人捉摸不透。
2012-04-21
The effect seems immediate.
效果很明显。
2012-04-23
He is courteous to me.
他对我很有礼貌。
2012-04-25
The coat is too bland.
这件衣服太老气。
2012-04-27
How many stops to the hospital?
去医院是第几站?

2012-05-07

The happiest people are not those who own all the best things, but the ones who can really appreciate the beauty of life.

最幸福的人们并不一定什么都是最好,只是因为他们懂得欣赏生活的美好。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值